• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
Who thinks a crossbow at close range as if it was a gun would be enough to penetrate the skull and cause death only answer if you know about crossbows as I'd really like to be sure if it would work or not...

• Aww..
Reactions: Trainstation and not_a_robot
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
Do you have a crossbow? What kind of model?

Reactions: MISERYinlife
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
[YeQUOTE="Faraway1990, post: 335031, member: 8253"]
[/QUOTE] yes it's a Horton 200 pound draw

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I think someone asked this before, maybe you can search through the threads. I've never used a crossbow, but I've heard that a lot of them are notoriously difficult to load. If you missed, you might end up incapacitated enough to be unable to try again.

Reactions: Faraway1990 and MISERYinlife
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
I think someone asked this before, maybe you can search through the threads. I've never used a crossbow, but I've heard that a lot of them are notoriously difficult to load. If you missed, you might end up incapacitated enough to be unable to try again.
It's not to bad to load I could load it easy enough just wanna make sure it would do the job I seen people saying a pigs skull is the same thing as a human one but don't have a pig to try it on LoL

Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
[YeQUOTE="Faraway1990, post: 335031, member: 8253"]
yes it's a Horton 200 pound draw
[/QUOTE]
A lot could go wrong I'm not saying no but the key for shooting in the head is the brain stem if done right it could work but it's risky compared to a shotgun one false move you're a vegetable.

Reactions: dandan
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
There are many better methods detailed on this site.

Reactions: Circles, dandan and Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
There are many better methods detailed on this site.

This! This could be a trip to vegetable city too easily not worth it imo

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Meretlein, Trainstation and 1 other person
dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Lol, crossbow death, haha!

Reactions: Faraway1990
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
This not the weirdest thing I seen i ones read sum were a guy put a cherry bomb in his mouth and lit it . Well according to the police who found him it work but they was not much left above the shoulders ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
This not the weirdest thing I seen i ones read sum were a guy put a cherry bomb in his mouth and lit it . Well according to the police who found him it work but they was not much left above the shoulders ;)
That's one way to Go especially if you don't care about the body (fyi if I were to go out like this I'd put it in my will to have "he lost his head" on the tombstone and have them play cherrybomb at the wake. Lol :)

Reactions: Mort
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
That's one way to Go especially if you don't care about the body (fyi if I were to go out like this I'd put it in my will to have "he lost his head" on the tombstone and have them play cherrybomb at the wake. Lol :)
Or boom boom shack the room i think will Smith did it the guy from men in black:) HEHE LOL

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
That's actually one of the many fears I have with a shotgun. Not dying immediately and being unable to fire a second shot, such as because I'm unable to cycle the pump. I wonder if that's an argument for the quick follow-up shot allowed by a semi-auto shotgun, yet semi-autos can jam making a follow-up impossible unless you can clear a jam all after one's face has potentially been removed by that 1st shot. And with thoughts like this, it's impossible to be calm as the final hour nears.

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I would lean towards doing that if I had a way to contain the mess. I want my body to be obliterated as much as possible. ESPECIALLY above the shoulders.

Reactions: mothfly
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I would lean towards doing that if I had a way to contain the mess. I want my body to be obliterated as much as possible. ESPECIALLY above the shoulders.
Well one good thing is it be quick messy but quick . Well may one way to keep the mess down is to were a full face motorcycle helmet mite work ???

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
That's actually one of the many fears I have with a shotgun. Not dying immediately and being unable to fire a second shot, such as because I'm unable to cycle the pump. I wonder if that's an argument for the quick follow-up shot allowed by a semi-auto shotgun, yet semi-autos can jam making a follow-up impossible unless you can clear a jam all after one's face has potentially been removed by that 1st shot. And with thoughts like this, it's impossible to be calm as the final hour nears.

Double barreled shotgun

R

rata1

Arcanist
May 8, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...y-just-killed-themself-with-a-crossbow.16105/

Reactions: MISERYinlife
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Choose a peaceful method over something so undignified. I would imagine it would hurt like hell too.

Reactions: Faraway1990 and rata1
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Who thinks a crossbow at close range as if it was a gun would be enough to penetrate the skull and cause death only answer if you know about crossbows as I'd really like to be sure if it would work or not...

If I were to kill myself by crossbow, I would use a second method as well. Like I would tie a noose around my neck in the right spot on something you have to balance on. Atleast that way if it failed, I would die for sure.

Reactions: MISERYinlife and Faraway1990
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
You'd need to take more than a few percussions with a crossbow, I imagine. It's a penetration weapon, so it just makes a hole. Even then, it's much weaker than a 9mm, so you might get a bolt just sticking out of your head. Lots of impressive people managed to drive themselves to ER with things lodged in their skulls.
You'd need a safety net and a safety net for the safety net with that kind of approach, like standing on some stool to fall from while wearing a noise, something like that. Extra points for taking SN beforehand. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Reactions: MISERYinlife and Faraway1990
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Can I ask why?
I'm a girl so I know this is a gender thing too but the thought of blowing my head off and my body being obliterated is terrible to me. I can't fathom it. With guys though, it's usually they go for the most effective and usually don't necessarily care about the mess afterwards. What makes you want to destroy your body?

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Can I ask why?
I'm a girl so I know this is a gender thing too but the thought of blowing my head off and my body being obliterated is terrible to me. I can't fathom it. With guys though, it's usually they go for the most effective and usually don't necessarily care about the mess afterwards. What makes you want to destroy your body?

Ofcourse you can.

I'm a girl too lol
I too, have found it less common for a woman to want a violent/destructive death though.
I used to want a funeral, flowers in my hair, music of my choice. Romanticized bullshit.
Peacefulness. But life didn't pan out the way I thought it would.

And well it's because I am unattractive and I've also had things happen to my face to compound this issue.
It makes me feel like I have no control. No freedom. My mind is in a constant battle with my body.
I have suffered a great deal due to this. I have lost so many years of my life, time has stood still for me since around middle school. I don't look like the rest of my family. It's very alienating and dehumanizing. I could never accept it. It's not in my makeup to.

I know this type of thing doesn't affect everyone so deeply, but it does for me. That's just my personality. There's a lot of other things that push people over the edge, which I would be able to handle. We are all different in what we can take.

I do not identify with my face and to some extent, my body. Not a needing to change genders type of thing, but the same "I feel trapped" dysphoric type of existence.
Im not the type who cares what anyone else looks like, unless they care..then I would support them in any way they wanted to change.
I just need to feel comfortable in my own skin in order to function.
I know there's more to life, a lot of dreams I had have perished, I hate that I have this probelm, but this thing is too vital for me to live without.

I hide from family and don't keep friends, this in order to save the last piece of dignity I feel I have left.
Since I feel so cornered and so suffocated, and again, lack control of something as basic as my physical self..
I want to destroy my face and body to "escape", it is out of spite, out of bitterness, out of despair. And it is also so I can ensure that there will be no open casket.
When I'm dead, I cannot hide.
I cannot control who looks at me or touches me, or what people say about me. But if there is a way I can get close, I will do it.

I don't trust that a note will persuade anyone to do what I ask.
My family doesn't even know the real me. They'll do what they like and twist my existence and then be on their merry way.
My mother is the only one I've tried to get through to but she doesn't actually process my requests and feelings. And when I'm gone, I don't know what state she will be in to respect my most basic request of a closed casket wake and eventual cremation.
I also requested no pictures. Esp past the age of 11. Currently I am trying to dispose of any images past that age I can get my hands on.

I'm trying to obliterate the cage I have been in for nearly my whole life. Revenge for how it has broken down and stunted the person inside of it.
Even if I won't be able to feel the relief afterwards, it's something I feel an incessant need to do.
I'm not sure it will work out that way but it would be ideal if it would.

Long but I hope that explains it!

• Hugs
Reactions: mothfly, Faraway1990 and Quiet_Sandwich
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Ofcourse you can.

I'm a girl too lol
I too, have found it less common for a woman to want a violent/destructive death though.
I used to want a funeral, flowers in my hair, music of my choice. Romanticized bullshit.
Peacefulness. But life didn't pan out the way I thought it would.

And well it's because I am unattractive and I've also had things happen to my face to compound this issue.
It makes me feel like I have no control. No freedom. My mind is in a constant battle with my body.
I have suffered a great deal due to this. I have lost so many years of my life, time has stood still for me since around middle school. I don't look like the rest of my family. It's very alienating and dehumanizing. I could never accept it. It's not in my makeup to.

I know this type of thing doesn't affect everyone so deeply, but it does for me. That's just my personality. There's a lot of other things that push people over the edge, which I would be able to handle. We are all different in what we can take.

I do not identify with my face and to some extent, my body. Not a needing to change genders type of thing, but the same "I feel trapped" dysphoric type of existence.
Im not the type who cares what anyone else looks like, unless they care..then I would support them in any way they wanted to change.
I just need to feel comfortable in my own skin in order to function.
I know there's more to life, a lot of dreams I had have perished, I hate that I have this probelm, but this thing is too vital for me to live without.

I hide from family and don't keep friends, this in order to save the last piece of dignity I feel I have left.
Since I feel so cornered and so suffocated, and again, lack control of something as basic as my physical self..
I want to destroy my face and body to "escape", it is out of spite, out of bitterness, out of despair. And it is also so I can ensure that there will be no open casket.
When I'm dead, I cannot hide.
I cannot control who looks at me or touches me, or what people say about me. But if there is a way I can get close, I will do it.

I don't trust that a note will persuade anyone to do what I ask.
My family doesn't even know the real me. They'll do what they like and twist my existence and then be on their merry way.
My mother is the only one I've tried to get through to but she doesn't actually process my requests and feelings. And when I'm gone, I don't know what state she will be in to respect my most basic request of a closed casket wake and eventual cremation.
I also requested no pictures. Esp past the age of 11. Currently I am trying to dispose of any images past that age I can get my hands on.

I'm trying to obliterate the cage I have been in for nearly my whole life. Revenge for how it has broken down and stunted the person inside of it.
Even if I won't be able to feel the relief afterwards, it's something I feel an incessant need to do.
I'm not sure it will work out that way but it would be ideal if it would.

Long but I hope that explains it!
Wow. I can relate in some ways but in some others I can't. I knew (at the time) that last year's Christmas would be the last one my mom ever saw me alive. I tried to take pictures with her, smile, be the best that I can be so I could give her that last memory so the picture thing is mind boggling to me. When I was younger I tried to run away and purposely got rid of any pictures and evidence I could find. I wanted to make sure the news could never find a picture of me. I destroyed all of my younger pictures. Obviously that didn't pan out. Your reasons are your reasons. My main one, as stupid as it might sound to the ones on here, is because I know I'll never be able to properly execute my job in my field of choice aka "a wage slave" as people like to call it on here. And yes, I know that feeling of broken dreams all to well unfortunately. For me, I know I'll never amount to anything in life. I can't seem to keep even the most basic of jobs and I know I could never have any sort of peace working as a waitress or hostess or whatever other minimum wage job I (won't) be able to keep my hands on for the rest of my life. I say all this not to force my story on you but to essentially say that our reasons are our reasons. I'm sorry truly that you have to experience all that

• Hugs
Reactions: Faraway1990, Quiet_Sandwich and LastFlowers
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I would lean towards doing that if I had a way to contain the mess.

What if somebody caught the bus outside? No clean up needed in a forest. I recently read about a guy who shot himself in the woods and it was 6 weeks before his remains were found. I think it was a hunter who found him after spotting the guy's German Shepherd pacing back & forth near his body, or what was left of his body after all that time. His loyal dog had been protecting his remains from wild animals who would otherwise have dined on his corpse. At least his dog was really fond of him.
Can I ask why?
A shotgun suicide is the biggest blood bath possible, but I don't think many people choose that method because they want to destroy their body. It's highly destructive but that's not the goal. I'd assume the main reason it's popular with men is for the simple fact that most gun owners happen to be men. And when women do own guns they generally don't own any shotguns.

There has long been this (possibly sexist) theory that women do things like ODs because they want to look pretty even when they are dead. Which makes me wonder if they even put on makeup to look good for their appearance in the morgue?

Last edited:
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
If I were to kill myself by crossbow, I would use a second method as well. Like I would tie a noose around my neck in the right spot on something you have to balance on. Atleast that way if it failed, I would die for sure.
I was thinking the exact same thing

M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
Choose a peaceful method over something so undignified. I would imagine it would hurt like hell too.
How can we be so sure it wouldn't be a peaceful way or at least a fast one? I have shot plenty of deer with it and they was dead pretty quick just not sure about that close up and through a skull so that's where I'm concerned IDK maybe hanging would be a better way
Lol, crossbow death, haha!
What's so funny about it? They kill deer easy enough I shot plenty was just worried about being so close and through a skull I'm not to sure about

Last edited:
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
What if somebody caught the bus outside? No clean up needed in a forest. I recently read about a guy who shot himself in the woods and it was 6 weeks before his remains were found. I think it was a hunter who found him after spotting the guy's German Shepherd pacing back & forth near his body, or what was left of his body after all that time. His loyal dog had been protecting his remains from wild animals who would otherwise have dined on his corpse. At least his dog was really fond of him.

A shotgun suicide is the biggest blood bath possible, but I don't think many people choose that method because they want to destroy their body. It's highly destructive but that's not the goal. I'd assume the main reason it's popular with men is for the simple fact that most gun owners happen to be men. And when women do own guns they generally don't own any shotguns.

There has long been this (possibly sexist) theory that women do things like ODs because they want to look pretty even when they are dead. Which makes me wonder if they even put on makeup to look good for their appearance in the morgue?
I never said that the goal of destroying the body was the main point. She did however which is why I inquired as to why. The main goal (I'm at fault here because I didn't state this clearly) was when people choose shotgun or firearm in general it's because of how highly effective it is.
It's not sexist though. Yes, there are going to be a few oddball women who choose more violent deaths, but the majority of woman would like something clean. Note last flowers "if I could contain the mess" despite how brutal of a death it would be. Men don't typically think on that level. It's men who choose jumping (this is my most favored method as a woman). It's men who choose firearms. It's men who choose decapation. It was a man who built a homemade guillotine and ended his life with it.
As a Women, as said before, I absolutely despise the thought of a messy death. The reason jumping is my most favored is not the cleanup afterwards or even the efficiency of it, I want to feel my body falling. After that though I'd prefer an overdose or carbon monoxide.
I DO want to look pretty when I'm dead. The thought of maggots feasting on my body is disturbing. I have a strong desire to land like Evelyn in "the most beautiful suicide".

Last edited:
Reactions: Faraway1990 and MISERYinlife
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
How can we be so sure it wouldn't be a peaceful way or at least a fast one? I have shot plenty of deer with it and they was dead pretty quick just not sure about that close up and through a skull so that's where I'm concerned IDK maybe hanging would be a better way
Well it's your choice if you want to play Russian Roulette with you dignity.