D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
Might as well automate suicide hotlines and install bots to save money.

Reactions: myopybyproxy and Celerity
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
wtf?!?
Who do they employ there?
No wonder that no one really calls there a second time lol

D

diyCTB

Mage
Oct 28, 2018
@LunarPyotr Maybe they do that just to give impression that they care and put a checkmark?

U

umbrellaphone

Nov 24, 2020
I know it's a wishful thinking and won't happen anytime soon especially with that certain watchdog still on the prowl, but I genuinely hope that one day SS will be able to develop a platform like 7cups where people in the need can chat with well trained listeners who are pro choice.

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Sadly this is how a lot of what they call "listeners" are taught to speak. The idea behind it is to not interject your own feelings and opinions into the conversation, rather, you remain neutral and try to get the other person to figure out things on their own.

Unfortunately, people who reach out to someone else in a time of need need to feel like the person on the other end actually gives a shit. That's next to near impossible if the person trying to help has to carefully watch what they say. This is also why I don't subscribe to therapy or any other forms of distant bullshit like it. Its cold, impersonal and makes myself and most others feel more isolated and unheard. Not helpful at all.

Reactions: Celerity, Broken Buzz and diyCTB