W

Winter_Flower

Always thirsty for summer rain x
May 18, 2019
Well, rang my local crisis team today as I'm having a particularly bad couple of weeks. Ended up giving myself a very rubbish hair cut a couple of nights ago so know I'm not in a good place, especially with the thoughts I'm having. Spoke to them about receiving my first full months worth of meds for the first time in two years and how I don't trust myself. Their response.........'try hiding the rest and take a week at a time.......' Surely if I hide them then I know where they are.......right. Also told them how low and suicidal I was, the response 'get your doctor to give you a call for a chat'!! WTF!! What are the crisis team for?? Rang GP and got put on the urgent call back list. Four hours later no call, which I can understand as they are so overwhelmed at the surgery and don't need the crisis team passing the buck!! So I cancelled the call back and have taken the attitude 'what will be, will be'. Frustrating and deflated x

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: BPD_LE, Wreck-it-Riley and Not_Quite_Dead_Yet
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
What would you have liked them to have done? Just be careful- I say this- as I was in a similar state & crisis where nearly gonna section me- would you want that? They are pretty useless, they can't really do much other than offer inane platitudes!

Reactions: TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
What MeltingHeart said. Yeah I don't recommend contacting the crisis team if you are serious about CTB'ing or even venting. These people 'mandated reporters' (in the US - that's what they are categorized) are required by law to intervene, including breaking confidentiality and using involuntary force against people they suspect are dangerous, harmful to others or self, or suicidal. I don't recommend being honest with them as that would only get you into all sorts of trouble that you don't want. Also, I don't recommend speaking about these topics (especially death and suicide) with IRL people, they won't get, don't want to get it, and will only make your life more miserable, difficult.

• Love
Reactions: throwaway_2620 and MeltingHeart
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
The OP clearly wanted help or they wouldn't have rung crisis. I'm guessing they are in the UK due to the response they got. It's disgusting. I advise you book an appointment with your GP and talk things through. There may be other organisations that can help you ❤

W

Winter_Flower

Always thirsty for summer rain x
May 18, 2019
The OP clearly wanted help or they wouldn't have rung crisis. I'm guessing they are in the UK due to the response they got. It's disgusting. I advise you book an appointment with your GP and talk things through. There may be other organisations that can help you ❤
Yes, exactly this. In the UK they try and prevent sectioning and you can't even be suicidal to get sectioned at most times......ironic I know. They provide a home support team. If they think you are bad enough they will provide daily phone calls and visits every couple of days for two weeks max in my area. They are there if you are suicidal or wanting to self harm and just want to chat it through x