• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
So a couple of weeks ago I was rushed to hospital with a Suicide attempt which obviously wasn't planned well as I'm still here. I was referred to the Crisis Team once I left the hospital.

They came out to the house with a doctor and just talked things through with me and then referred me to some person who basically rings up every 2 days to ask me how suicidal I am on a scale of 1-5 including some other questions. Not any help or support, a literal box checking exercise. They have taken me off ANY rescue medication for panic attacks which is absolutely outrageous. So all I have to survive on is 20mg of Escitalopram every day.

The past week I've been spiralling down to the point where I don't leave my home, don't take calls, totally isolate myself. My husband was also down to be contacted when they can't get hold of me as they have been told when I'm depressed they need to go through him.

So today I get a hand delivered letter from them saying 'if we don't hear from you before 12noon today, we will remove you from our care!' - So someone could come all the way to my house to post a letter but couldn't knock on my door for a welfare check? I called them twice today and left messages for them to call me back. My husband called them and I've been having repeated panic attacks and derealisation all day. To the point where I want to CTB to stop the feeling That way, their response was...

'Has she tried breathing exercises?'
'Has she called the Samaritans?'
'Um, I guess we can call you later to see if she's any better.'

What sort of 'help' is any of this? 'We will call you later?' - and do what? Nothing is the answer.

'If she leaves the house call emergency services'

I'm just at an absolute loss as to the point in the CMHT. What is the actual point in having a service that's supposed to help when they say such redundant shit and are incapable of actually helping?!

I'm not one for ranting about myself on here but wtf? Am I being unreasonable to expect some actual help/medication/advice/support?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Brink, painoflife, Frew and 14 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
At least they come to your house after 2 days from discharge. In America, they just give you a list of numbers to call and the psychiatrists have a standing rule that says, "Only you can help yourself, if you don't call or follow-up, we're not gonna bother." Mental health has always been a joke around the world, they want to help, but their way of helping is pushing the problem or person onto someone else.

Reactions: Mixo, Regen, Frew and 6 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Mental health services are awful, and there are so many nightmare stories about the NHS's "help" for people like us. I'm sorry, and I wish I wasn't surprised that this took place in the UK. You are absolutely justified in expecting better care. Taking your panic meds... what, do they think you going into panic attacks is a cure to get better?

Reactions: Araya, Brokensaddle, Jumper Geo and 5 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Mental health services are awful, and there are so many nightmare stories about the NHS's "help" for people like us. I'm sorry, and I wish I wasn't surprised that this took place in the UK. You are absolutely justified in expecting better care. Taking your panic meds... what, do they think you going into panic attacks is a cure to get better?
Exactly. Tell me to just not have any rescue medication (Diazapam) in the hope my panic attacks will magically disappear? It's so dangerous what they've done.

• Hugs
Reactions: Frew, opiatedreamz, Sherri and 3 others
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
It infuriates me when I hear things like this it really does make one question what they actually do ??? I'm sorry for what you are going through and thankfully you are getting good support from your husband. Take this forum to vent as much as you can, hopefully it helps. I am not under care of cmht myself but my mother is, I must say I have been less than impressed with their input. The whole situation with the pandemic just puts extra strain on everything, but it certainly feels like mental health support is not high up on the list.

Reactions: sadworld, Ghost2211 and Emily_Numb
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
All the police and crisis team did was ask me if I was on medication.... No guys, medication won't help with the fact that I am being threatened with legal and financial hardship and being bullied on a constant basis. They were more concerned with the fact that I was being accused of being suicidal then the fact that it was my literal abuser that called them. I'm sorry you had to deal with all this, and that I did, and quite frankly that all of us do. I'm sick of there not being any real help in the world, and I'm even more sick of the fact that we are being treated like criminals.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mixo, opiatedreamz, Brokensaddle and 6 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
So a couple of weeks ago I was rushed to hospital with a Suicide attempt which obviously wasn't planned well as I'm still here. I was referred to the Crisis Team once I left the hospital.

They came out to the house with a doctor and just talked things through with me and then referred me to some person who basically rings up every 2 days to ask me how suicidal I am on a scale of 1-5 including some other questions. Not any help or support, a literal box checking exercise. They have taken me off ANY rescue medication for panic attacks which is absolutely outrageous. So all I have to survive on is 20mg of Escitalopram every day.

The past week I've been spiralling down to the point where I don't leave my home, don't take calls, totally isolate myself. My husband was also down to be contacted when they can't get hold of me as they have been told when I'm depressed they need to go through him.

So today I get a hand delivered letter from them saying 'if we don't hear from you before 12noon today, we will remove you from our care!' - So someone could come all the way to my house to post a letter but couldn't knock on my door for a welfare check? I called them twice today and left messages for them to call me back. My husband called them and I've been having repeated panic attacks and derealisation all day. To the point where I want to CTB to stop the feeling That way, their response was...

What sort of 'help' is any of this? 'We will call you later?' - and do what? Nothing is the answer.

I'm just at an absolute loss as to the point in the CMHT. What is the actual point in having a service that's supposed to help when they say such redundant shit and are incapable of actually helping?!

I'm not one for ranting about myself on here but wtf? Am I being unreasonable to expect some actual help/medication/advice/support?
Omg they took all your meds and left you only escitalopram? Do they actually know if someone is taking anti anxiety pills, dunno if you were, can cause serious health issues. I'm shocked. Wish I could help you ! That's not care just calling you to check the boxes like you said. Omg hun sending you a warm hug.
All the police and crisis team did was ask me if I was on medication.... No guys, medication won't help with the fact that I am being threatened with legal and financial hardship and being bullied on a constant basis. They were more concerned with the fact that I was being accused of being suicidal then the fact that it was my literal abuser that called them. I'm sorry you had to deal with all this, and that I did, and quite frankly that all of us do. I'm sick of there not being any real help in the world, and I'm even more sick of the fact that we are being treated like criminals.
Those financial bullies are horrible. They are so rude!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211
Otto

Otto

Student
Sep 10, 2018
Hi ,I don't often post anything here but I want you to know there is support out there if you find the right person.
Don't give up fighting for the help you need .
After a previous failed attempt I was told I had to speak to the psych team at the hospital,despite having just failing to kill myself and telling them I was going to try a different method as soon as I got out they decided I was fit to leave alone !
The next day I got a call from th

Hi I had a similar experience,but just kept on trying until someone actually cared enough to help,and then there was support there but was a struggle to get it.more so when that's the last thing you feel you have the strength for.
I think it's a bit of a postcode lottery sadly

Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020

Sorry to hear about your issues I'm in the same boat. You could try to get Advocate to speak to them on your behalf. Hope things work out for you.

N

Nurse T

Student
Aug 23, 2020

I am in exactly the same situation been in crisis for just over month, had 3 attempts sun eve I was nearly successful I needed CPR and was blue lighted to the hospital, and spent all night in resus, the next day assessed told to just go home and home treatment will see as planned next day, also the fact my husband was going to be away and I was going to be on my own, they don't care. Today I had to go and see them and they have said I can't have any more crisis meds and they are just trying to get me back under my normal team who are useless!!! I actually despair and give up, mayb it would just be easier for them if we died, that's what it feels like anyway!! Sorry to hear your in same boat. X

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: shay23, Emily_Numb and Frew
Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
I feel like the crisis team are only there to cover the NHS's back, in the event that someone were to ctb. I don't think they particularly care, but have an obligation to pretend they do.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and Frew
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I am in exactly the same situation been in crisis for just over month, had 3 attempts sun eve I was nearly successful I needed CPR and was blue lighted to the hospital, and spent all night in resus, the next day assessed told to just go home and home treatment will see as planned next day, also the fact my husband was going to be away and I was going to be on my own, they don't care. Today I had to go and see them and they have said I can't have any more crisis meds and they are just trying to get me back under my normal team who are useless!!! I actually despair and give up, mayb it would just be easier for them if we died, that's what it feels like anyway!! Sorry to hear your in same boat. X
Sounds exactly like me hun! It's such a joke.

They were supposed to call today and didn't. I shouldn't even be remotely surprised.

I tried to just get a new self funded private psychiatrist yesterday, but they won't accept me as I'm under the care of the CMHT and they think that's better for me as they have 'a team of help'. What an absolute laugh! So to self fund I have to not be under the care of the CMHT?! Maybe I should just do that, because I'm getting nothing out of them as it stands.

• Aww..
Reactions: elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
The couple of times I've seen the crisis team I've actually found them kind of helpful (apart from one psych who forced me, a then undiagnosed autistic person, to look him in the eyes for an hour, which just felt like torture).

CMHT on the other hand, wtf is going on there?? I get that it's underfunded but it's as if there are whole teams of people that just don't care at all.
One time I didn't answer the phone like 3 times (in two weeks) because I was too anxious and depressed, and when my dad called her to say how much I was struggling, my nurse said she had been writing out a discharge form...
I'm currently waiting for an email and prescription, for meds that have already run out, that I should've got on Monday. I've even told her I have the means to CTB and plan on doing so before December, they just don't give a shit lmao

Imo it requires way too much self advocacy. Normally that's a good thing but for conditions that include losing motivation and the will to live as symptoms, it doesn't work. I need pushing to get better, not leaving alone until I get to a crisis point

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb
London2021

London2021

Jan 30, 2021
CAN'T.
EVEN.
GO.
THERE.
SO.
FUCKING.
DANGEROUS.
SO.
ABUSIVE.
SO SO SO.......

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I was under crisis team for 2 years for some reason. Only saw a psychiatrist a few times the rest was with a social worker that tried to do some CBT and gave me some slides about mindfulness. I liked her but I don't think it is useful apart from with people having a mental breakdown.