cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
I want to use the Pegasos organization to CTB. I don't have $10k on hand but I was curious about getting a credit card. I've never had one of my own (I was a joint owner on my sister's)

Would it be feasible for me to get a credit card with a spending limit of $10k and use it to purchase everything I need?

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
You need good credit and likely a good financial situation overall to have a hope for a cap that big. I guess check your credit score and maybe try to apply for a few, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Reactions: artificial_ineptness, 710, Hate you and 1 other person
cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
You need good credit and likely a good financial situation overall to have a hope for a cap that big. I guess check your credit score and maybe try to apply for a few, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Thanks. That's disappointing but I guess I can start saving.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
In my country $10,000 is a big amount as a limit, dunno if it's in yours.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I want to use the Pegasos organization to CTB. I don't have $10k on hand but I was curious about getting a credit card. I've never had one of my own (I was a joint owner on my sister's)

Would it be feasible for me to get a credit card with a spending limit of $10k and use it to purchase everything I need?
It's more than 10k for Pegasos. You need funds to cover yourself and witness for hotel and return ticket. I'm going for Pegasos too and your min 15k for everything.

Is your credit over 700? Maybe you can get two 5k cards. For a 10k limit you need a decent score and/or good income.

Reactions: cyanlove
O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
I have high credit and none of my cards are near that. Well, one doesn't have a preset limit, but I doubt $10K would fly. The most I've put on one was $2,500.

Reactions: cyanlove and MellowAvenue
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I have high credit and none of my cards are near that. Well, one doesn't have a preset limit, but I doubt $10K would fly. The most I've put on one was $2,500.
My first job after HS I was only making 25k and had a 5k cc from WF with cc of 670. Now, I'm over 700 with 74k income and can get 10k limit but don't want it. Young people can get decent limits with super low incomes.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Thanks. That's disappointing but I guess I can start saving.
There are prepaid cards that you can use- you can use themj like creditr cards at most places, including online.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
A personal loan is a better bet. Just say you are buying a car.

Reactions: cyanlove
cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
A personal loan is a better bet. Just say you are buying a car.
Interesting. I will have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.
My first job after HS I was only making 25k and had a 5k cc from WF with cc of 670. Now, I'm over 700 with 74k income and can get 10k limit but don't want it. Young people can get decent limits with super low incomes.
Maybe. But I only make about $10k a year. (I live in the US)

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto