Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'm trying to get back into creative writing and am really starting to enjoy the process. I struggle with maladaptive daydreaming to an extent, but this has helped. Now that I have started writing again, I feel like I have to empty these stories running through my head onto the page.

My current project is a fanfiction for the Wheel of Time series. The bad part is that I done kind of fucked up my first read through because I now have a pretty robust headcanon that departs pretty wildly from the original story, which I haven't even finished. Thankfully, Jordan is adept at cliffhangers, so I keep reading and use the new material as fuel for my own, more narrowly focused, story.

Has anybody else been able to breathe new life into an old hobby? If I had my instrument, I might try to play it. I miss not being so connected to music like I was. I can't draw worth a damn, but I have always wanted to learn how to.

Reactions: Smart No More
tipsytiger

tipsytiger

Sep 10, 2022
Hi, glad you found something to do and actually enjoying it. Me myself is a illustrator and designer.

But since my depression and anxiety comes I haven't been able to draw. Seems like I can't focus on doing anything for a long period of time.

I really hope one day I'll be able to draw again and enjoy it!

Reactions: Orange010
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Hi, glad you found something to do and actually enjoying it. Me myself is a illustrator and designer.

But since my depression and anxiety comes I haven't been able to draw. Seems like I can't focus on doing anything for a long period of time.

I really hope one day I'll be able to draw again and enjoy it!
That sucks. The tap just dried up, huh? Can you still enjoy looking at art that other people have made?

tipsytiger

tipsytiger

Sep 10, 2022
That sucks. The tap just dried up, huh? Can you still enjoy looking at art that other people have made?
Yeah! I still love looking at things other people made, but for me myself to do it it's kinda hard at the moment.

Even I can't watch movies without being bothered by my depression and voices in my head, haha.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yeah! I still love looking at things other people made, but for me myself to do it it's kinda hard at the moment.

Even I can't watch movies without being bothered by my depression and voices in my head, haha.
That's the worst. It's like your entire life becomes a narrative where your destructive inner critic is the narrator. I found myself comparing my plight to those of fictional characters and judging myself for not handling it as well as they did. Fucking bonkers stuff.

tipsytiger

tipsytiger

Sep 10, 2022
That's the worst. It's like your entire life becomes a narrative where your destructive inner critic is the narrator. I found myself comparing my plight to those of fictional characters and judging myself for not handling it as well as they did. Fucking bonkers stuff.
Yeah but at the same times it was nice, I have someone to talk to even when I'm alone. Of course I don't talk out loud it would be bad if others see it.

Characters in the movie seems like to always know what they are doing right? They have purposes and somehow in the end life just help them to attain their goals. Well in a real life it's not as easy as it is lol

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Yeah but at the same times it was nice, I have someone to talk to even when I'm alone. Of course I don't talk out loud it would be bad if others see it.

Characters in the movie seems like to always know what they are doing right? They have purposes and somehow in the end life just help them to attain their goals. Well in a real life it's not as easy as it is lol
Oh, I misunderstood what you said. You mean that you hear voices? We're not just talking about the usual running monologue most of us have?

tipsytiger

tipsytiger

Sep 10, 2022
Oh, I misunderstood what you said. You mean that you hear voices? We're not just talking about the usual running monologue most of us have?
no, I actually hear voices in my head usually when I close my eyes or before I wake up. It usually take shapes of different people in my memories and saying things that was never said by those peoples.

it was a very unique experience but also not really nice to have.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I've gone back to playing the SNES, my childhood console. This is really all I want to do until I die. I finished my projects and posted them on my profile page.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
no, I actually hear voices in my head usually when I close my eyes or before I wake up. It usually take shapes of different people in my memories and saying things that was never said by those peoples.

it was a very unique experience but also not really nice to have.
Have you seen anybody about this?