MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
Instead of a traditional suicide note how about a video explaining your trauma and reasons to CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: deadlemonade, delta.sigma, Seered Doom and 2 others
imissmykitten

imissmykitten

heart rot
May 7, 2023
I think that if you feel comfortable on camera, it can be good because it not only gives something like a handwritten letter to people, but also a last video of you and your voice which can mean a lot. I don't think I would feel comfortable expressing my feelings on camera, so I wouldn't do it myself, but I think that it is generally not a bad idea.

Reactions: Seered Doom and Praestat_Mori
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
A suicide note is a personal thing, so if you feel like making a video that entirely your choice. But i would be afraid it might go viral.

Reactions: f1berz, Seered Doom, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Informative
Reactions: f1berz, sadone2122, R_N and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's a good alternative to a written note as long as you are comfortable with that.

Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
I think the idea of itself isn't bad. Your family and friends would get to see a raw view of who you were, and of what you were scared to say to them and others.
It could be a better way of handling grief for the ones who want to remember you.

But you'd have to factor in that we live in the modern age--where the internet exists.
Do you want to leave a legacy that potentially might go viral in social media?

Personally, I think it would feel a bit disgusting knowing that the bad actors of society would have access to my pure, unfiltered dialogue. Not to mention my family/friends being harassed by others wanting to know more information, or just be cruel via anonymity.

Reactions: LonelyKitten, Seered Doom and ijustwishtodie
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Personal choice.

Would never do for me as I'm totally introvert and don't even like video calling.

If it's more comfortable for you than writing a note then do it.

It has to be what feels right for you although I would say it could well be more difficult for the people receiving it

Last edited:
yeahokbuddyboy

yeahokbuddyboy

Nov 4, 2023
I think I'm going to do this alongside a written/typed note. That way if the video is too hard for her to watch she has the option to read my thoughts.

Reactions: sadone2122
D

deadlemonade

Oct 19, 2023
Instead of a traditional suicide note how about a video explaining your trauma and reasons to CTB?
i think about this all the time. when i'm ready to ctb i'll post a twitter thread and one on here. i guess i just want people to know. just so they don't think i'm ignoring them or just disappeared.