Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I woke up this a morning with a wicked headache. Which isn't anything unusual for me. But when I went to get out of bed I am overheated and now I have chills. And my stomach feels sick. I looked up the symptoms for covid, flu and cold I match up with them all about the same.

Is there a way I could have gotten it? I'm a delivery driver I come into contact with a lot of people. Aside from not wearing a mask because I'll most likely pass out I'm fairly careful with my interactions plus there's no cases in my city and I haven't traveled in years..... I really think I'm overreacting but randomly waking up this bad is freaking me out
And the sore throat symptom is here

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Amumu, BitterlyAlive, Dr Iron Arc and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I would go get tested if you can and from there maybe whoever's in charge of that can tell you what to do depending on where you live. Other than that, you could try any over the counter meds that would relieve the symptoms in case you just have something more mild.

I had been waking up with sore throats and headaches every day so I too was worried at first but it turns out I just have really dry air in my bedroom and caffeine withdrawal.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I would go get tested if you can and from there maybe whoever's in charge of that can tell you what to do depending on where you live. Other than that, you could try any over the counter meds that would relieve the symptoms in case you just have something more mild.

I had been waking up with sore throats and headaches every day so I too was worried at first but it turns out I just have really dry air in my bedroom and caffeine withdrawal.
Well I was drinking last night so when I first noticed the headache I figured I was just hungover but when my stomach and everything started to act up it didn't feel the same as a hangover anymore

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Get tested if you can. Until then, I'm not really sure what to advise. I would personally just rest up as though I had the flu, watch my symptoms, and take it from there. If it got worse, I would go to the ER.

Take care mate, really hope you start feeling better soon.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Dr Iron Arc and Life_and_Death
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Well I was drinking last night so when I first noticed the headache I figured I was just hungover but when my stomach and everything started to act up it didn't feel the same as a hangover anymore
I haven't heard about COVID affecting the stomach in any way, but I know for a fact that sometimes the flu can. Flu season is coming up in about a month in some areas. Still, it would be good to get tested.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I hope you guys are right :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Winona [restored]

Winona [restored]

Sep 12, 2020
I woke up this a morning with a wicked headache. Which isn't anything unusual for me. But when I went to get out of bed I am overheated and now I have chills. And my stomach feels sick.

I had exactly the same symptoms when I had stomach flu (rotavirus). Now there is a transition period between summer and autumn, and at such a time it is very easy to catch some of the usual seasonal diseases, not only COVID.

I do not know how things are going in your country, but in my country they use COVID tests, which show accurate results at least 5 days after the first symptoms appear.
Try to drink as much liquid as possible, do not spend a lot of time lying down, control your breathing. Do you have a pulse oximeter? It would be good to measure the level of oxygen saturation

Take care!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Oh right I forgot a symptom. My nose. I didn't mention it thought because it's just a normal thing for me so I forgot but I can tell when it's sickness related because it feels different
I had exactly the same symptoms when I had stomach flu (rotavirus). Now there is a transition period between summer and autumn, and at such a time it is very easy to catch some of the usual seasonal diseases, not only COVID.

I do not know how things are going in your country, but in my country they use COVID tests, which show accurate results at least 5 days after the first symptoms appear.
Try to drink as much liquid as possible, do not spend a lot of time lying down, control your breathing. Do you have a pulse oximeter? It would be good to measure the level of oxygen saturation

Take care!
I'm up for just about any problem that isn't covid lol.

Don't lay down? But aside from my headache it's making me feel a little better (I want soup lol sorry random thought). I can only control my breathing so much I have a breathing problem. Which brings us to your last suggestion. I don't have one of those and even if I did I'm not sure it would be of any use to me. My normal breathing is almost like I can't get enough oxygen in so I breath extra

Last edited:
Winona [restored]

Winona [restored]

Sep 12, 2020
Oh right I forgot a symptom. My nose. I didn't mention it thought because it's just a normal thing for me so I forgot but I can tell when it's sickness related because it feels different
Are you able to smell and taste?

Don't lay down? But aside from my headache it's making me feel a little better (I want soup lol sorry random thought).
Some doctors say that if you have COVID, then constant lying in a horizontal position increases the likelihood of complications, they recommend turning, twisting, half-sitting, if you find it hard to breathe, try sleeping on your stomach. I don't mean don't lay down at all, just try to change your position sometimes

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I don't think my husband is feeling bad and we work together so you'd think if it was covid he'd be feeling bad too right?
Are you able to smell and taste?
As good as I can. I have dissociation so that stuff was only so good to begin with

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I thought you guys might want to know. I had some soup and the chills and whatnot seemed to calm down. I'm about to take something for my headache too. Thank you everyone. I was fairly confident I was fine and overreacting but waking up really sick like that scared me and you guys helped a lot to calm me down:hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I thought you guys might want to know. I had some soup and the chills and whatnot seemed to calm down. I'm about to take something for my headache too. Thank you everyone. I was fairly confident I was fine and overreacting but waking up really sick like that scared me and you guys helped a lot to calm me down:hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:
That's good to hear! Personally, I would get tested either way if you can. Just to be safe! Then you can totally qwell your worries so if you ever have these symptoms again you don't have to panic.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: