Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
No one can predict the future and the way the world is going, it's definitely going to take a long time to fix this. Most countries are having it under control and I do expect things to be better by next year.

I just don't think we will be fully recovered till at least by 2023 in the latest and that fricken sucks. Especially when you have idiots who believe in conspiracy theories and listen to politicians and not actual scientists who spread actual facts.

Even when we do get the vaccine, there will still be people who will choose not to, just like with the masks. Just gotta see how this all plays out...

• Aww..
Reactions: Worthless_nobody and Simba
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Why should I wear a mask or get a vaccine? I'm not at risk, and I don't care if everyone over 60 drops dead. Most of the people dying were due in another year or so anyway.

Attachments

• ABA0F9CD-0A28-4716-872F-A704612A81A8.jpeg
    ABA0F9CD-0A28-4716-872F-A704612A81A8.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 22
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I apologize for my earlier words. I do not know your age, risk, or who you care about who might be at risk and it was in poor taste for me to verbalize my thoughts here. I wish you well.

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I apologize for my earlier words. I do not know your age, risk, or who you care about who might be at risk and it was in poor taste for me to verbalize my thoughts here. I wish you well.
It's all good man and shit happens. It's just I want things to go back to normal and I'm just worried about my country. It's absolutely crazy right now...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Oyoy and FusRohDracarys
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
There's a very real possibility that this is truly the new normal for many, and I mean many years to come. I just came to the conclusion that I'll probably CTB before this thing really goes away. Especially because of the country I live in.

Most countries have handled this horribly and the ones that are doing it "right", do so mostly because most of their population has enough wealth and access to financial security that they can lock themselves up in their house for months and shut down their economies for a while. on the other side, the countries that are now seeing a big spike in both cases and deaths were already in a bad financial situation. Most of the people in south america can't afford to quarantine for months and our politicians are so extremely corrupt that they are using this crisis to steal even more from the pockets of the general population and building their political power even further. I'm lucky that I can afford to stay at home, but I'm also in the high risk group so it doesn't really matter since there's a very high chance that me or my family gets the corona at some point due to how bad things are escalating.

I do not envy the ones who will inherit this fucked up world.

• Aww..
Reactions: mediocre and Joey
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I think you're referring to America but here in Europe has been a disaster too. Many mistakes were and continue to be made. Maybe the main difference is most countries here have slowed the virus for the time being. But I definitely see it picking up again now that travel has resumed between countries and people just go back to doing what they were before.

There are many people here that don't listen to advice either. They refuse to wear masks or social distance. I'm talking about the U.K. specifically. There have been British tourists over in Spain causing havoc as usual and they don't care...

Reactions: Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I think you're referring to America but here in Europe has been a disaster too. Many mistakes were and continue to be made. Maybe the main difference is most countries here have slowed the virus for the time being. But I definitely see it picking up again now that travel has resumed between countries and people just go back to doing what they were before.

There are many people here that don't listen to advice either. They refuse to wear masks or social distance. I'm talking about the U.K. specifically. There have been British tourists over in Spain causing havoc as usual and they don't care...

Europe's response to this virus was incredibly bad, everyone expected those countries to be prepared.

This situation is so fucked that it seems just unreal, almost a bad dystopic story that came to reality. I think I could count with one hand the number of countries that had a good response to this outbreak and with the other the number of people I know in real life who take this seriously.

And the worst is yet to come, the economic collapse is already here and not a day goes by without warning signs for new waves of infections.

Reactions: Green Destiny and mediocre
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
People underestimate covid. It could possibly mutate as much as possible, so every infection could make a different scenario. A lethal version is possible (even if its statistically low, it doesn't mean 0%) to be infected with. Also re-infection is possible. Its not like herd mentality would work.

The virus will fuck humans and everything while the dumb people are playing politics and economics instead of real way of dealing with the situation.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Fragile
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
The level of downplaying with the virus is insane. You get a spike in deaths and a new seemingly-related virus and, rather than moving to avoid the possible danger, many peoples first response is to make excuses for why we don't need to care. Things like wearing masks and avoiding large gatherings were not difficult, but rather than accepting them people went on spiels like "I'm sure it only affects old people, and the numbers are inflated, and anyone that dies was probably going to die anyway" even when the general global medical consensus does not support this view.

Reactions: Joey, Green Destiny and Life sucks
illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
covid part 2: electric boogaloo

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Can't speak for other countries but the one I reside in (U.S) I'm not surprised the virus has spiked back up to extremes. Of course this virus hit when we have one of the absolute worst Presidents to ever exist in charge along with idiotic governors, mayors and political leaders in general but Joseph De Maistre did say that "Every nation gets the government it deserves." So hey we're reaping what we've sown a thousand times over here. Of course i'm not downplaying similar situations like the UK or Brazil or Germany etc. This pandemic shows how simple and easy it could be to prevent a global catastrophe and how us humans will do everything in our power to not only ignore safeguards and preventive measures but make things A MILLION times worse for everybody.

Reactions: Joey and Worthless_nobody
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The level of downplaying with the virus is insane. You get a spike in deaths and a new seemingly-related virus and, rather than moving to avoid the possible danger, many peoples first response is to make excuses for why we don't need to care. Things like wearing masks and avoiding large gatherings were not difficult, but rather than accepting them people went on spiels like "I'm sure it only affects old people, and the numbers are inflated, and anyone that dies was probably going to die anyway" even when the general global medical consensus does not support this view.
There's alot of propaganda and misinformation with this pandemic. The idea of masks and social distancing wasn't to prevent the spread. It was only to slow it down so our medical system wouldn't be inundated.

This is just a more virulent strain of the flu. The majority of the global population is projected to get this regardless.

The fact of the matter is if we face any serious pandemic there's next to nothing we can do except slow it down. The globe is so interconnected nowadays that quarantines are ineffective.

They aren't talking about the collateral damage and long term effects we'll face globally over this "quarantine" either. I suspect the damage from that will be many magnitudes worse.

Edit to add: Spread distance from "aerosol" is being stated as 3 meters as well. So why is 6 feet acceptable as social distance?

3 meters is over 9 feet last time I checked and that's the boundary of the aerosol effect. Wouldn't you want to be atleast another few feet from the boundary?

Last edited:
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
the countries used to wearing masks like Japan and China haven't been seeing as hard hits since it started because they wear masks for a simple cold on a regular basis. Granted it's China so take all their data with a grain of salt. It shocks me how many people are refusing to do such a simple thing.

What this virus has taught me is just how little empathy there is in the world. Just because the virus has less of a chance of killing you doesn't mean you should get it anyway and spread it to the people who are more at risk.

Reactions: Joey, Worthless_nobody, Red and 2 others
Simba

Simba

Missunderstood Potato
Dec 9, 2018
Here in Israel Covid-19 is really bad :(
I knew already that there was gonna be supposedly a second wave of some sort since the country has made the exact same mistake as the Japanese people did ,by reopening schools and so on like wtf and our president Netanyahu was saying all this time , "We need to be exemplary for the rest of the rest " like ,wooow Bibi you messed the whole country up and on top of all that if i remember correctly there has been a spike the last day of just more than a thousand people. Lovely. Great. Wonderful. This sucks real bad :( plus I've got chrone's disease and work as a cashier in the supermarket :/

• Aww..
Reactions: Green Destiny and Red
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
There's alot of propaganda and misinformation with this pandemic. The idea of masks and social distancing wasn't to prevent the spread. It was only to slow it down so our medical system wouldn't be inundated.

This is just a more virulent strain of the flu. The majority of the global population is projected to get this regardless.

The fact of the matter is if we face any serious pandemic there's next to nothing we can do except slow it down. The globe is so interconnected nowadays that quarantines are ineffective.

They aren't talking about the collateral damage and long term effects we'll face globally over this "quarantine" either. I suspect the damage from that will be many magnitudes worse.

Edit to add: Spread distance from "aerosol" is being stated as 3 meters as well. So why is 6 feet acceptable as social distance?

3 meters is over 9 feet last time I checked and that's the boundary of the aerosol effect. Wouldn't you want to be atleast another few feet from the boundary?
Just follow official medical advice and we'll be fine. Normal people need to stop acting like they know shit about how to control a pandemic or manage the economy during one.

Quarantine is helping, as is cleaning and masks. The 2 meter rule does have an impact too. Viruses aren't back and white situations where you must either do the maximum to prevent them or do nothing. We're just trying to make it manageable until a vaccine is found.

Also worth saying that the SARS virus is not the flu, and it shouldn't be treated like a "worse version of the flu" because they are not the same.

As for the effects of quarantine they are harsh but people will manage. People have already made a lot of adaptations to continue working through this situation and we're finding new ways of allowing various businesses to open again.

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Just follow official medical advice and we'll be fine. Normal people need to stop acting like they know shit about how to control a pandemic or manage the economy during one.

Quarantine is helping, as is cleaning and masks. The 2 meter rule does have an impact too. Viruses aren't back and white situations where you must either do the maximum to prevent them or do nothing. We're just trying to make it manageable until a vaccine is found.

Also worth saying that the SARS virus is not the flu, and it shouldn't be treated like a "worse version of the flu" because they are not the same.

As for the effects of quarantine they are harsh but people will manage. People have already made a lot of adaptations to continue working through this situation and we're finding new ways of allowing various businesses to open again.
I am following the official narrative here. The problem with that is they don't even know what they're talking about. They've put out so much conflicting information.

How is 2 meters effective when they've shown scientifically that the aerosol from breathing goes 3 meters? They've also proven that the quarantines aren't having the desired effect.

The mortality rate with this thing is a joke. I'm far more likely to die of any number of things. You can live in fear if you'd like but life is inherently dangerous and I'll take my chances.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I am following the official narrative here. The problem with that is they don't even know what they're talking about. They've put out so much conflicting information.

How is 2 meters effective when they've shown scientifically that the aerosol from breathing goes 3 meters? They've also proven that the quarantines aren't having the desired effect.

The mortality rate with this thing is a joke. I'm far more likely to die of any number of things. You can live in fear if you'd like but life is inherently dangerous and I'll take my chances.
There is no official medical information telling us that quarantine and social distancing have had no effect. Some measures have proved to be useless while others help, which is why the guidance changes. At the very least you can use hand sanitizer, wear a mask and avoid large unnecessary gatherings. These things are insanely easy and help slow the spread.

Also stop treating things as if they are binary. 3 meter transmission distance does not mean 2 meter gaps make no difference, and quarantine not having the effect we wanted doesn't mean it hasn't had enough of an effect to be worth using. On top of that the mortality rate of the virus is high enough for it to be concerning, and more importantly the number of people that get it and end up needing some kind of hospital treatment or become to sick to work for a while is high.

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
you're taking more than your chances with how easy it is to get infected. letting yourself get infected is also getting many other people infected before you show symptoms. those people could be high risk. it's about sympathy. it's about the spread.

Reactions: Joey and Worthless_nobody
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
you're taking more than your chances with how easy it is to get infected. letting yourself get infected is also getting many other people infected before you show symptoms. those people could be high risk. it's about sympathy. it's about the spread.
It's illegal for a Concealed Carry permit holder to wear a face covering. With all of the civil unrest, defunding of police, and increased crime rates I'd rather carry my handgun then wear a mask.

@cryptic__egg I never said quarantine and distancing measures have had no effect. I'm sure its helped to slow the spread and I even said as much.

Again even the official narrative on this changes by the day. I'm not here to debate the issues, I was merely expressing my own opinions and faults with what we're being told.

As long as I have the right to choose I will practice that right. Being that this is a pro choice forum I'd like to think that my position is understood.

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Can't speak for other countries but the one I reside in (U.S) I'm not surprised the virus has spiked back up to extremes. Of course this virus hit when we have one of the absolute worst Presidents to ever exist in charge along with idiotic governors, mayors and political leaders in general but Joseph De Maistre did say that "Every nation gets the government it deserves." So hey we're reaping what we've sown a thousand times over here. Of course i'm not downplaying similar situations like the UK or Brazil or Germany etc. This pandemic shows how simple and easy it could be to prevent a global catastrophe and how us humans will do everything in our power to not only ignore safeguards and preventive measures but make things A MILLION times worse for everybody.
I heard that now all of the Coronavirus data is going to go straight to the White House from now on. Hmm...