Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
One of the infamous things about ctb by hanging is the horrific sight it leaves behind, and I despise the thought of my family being greeted by my limp, suspended body and my empty eyes. But as much as I wish I had a better option that'd leave me in a slightly less disturbing position, like lying on the floor or something, hanging is what I have to go with if I am to ctb in my situation.

I've been wondering if there's a good way to "soften" the image and lessen the trauma toward my family. The first thing that comes to mind is to overdress a little. Wearing warm, thick clothes that cover as much of my skin as possible, including some type of makeshift mask to cover my face, such as a bag. When they see a suicide note, a corpse, and the shape of my body, they're bound to know it's me hanging there, and shouldn't need to see much gruesome detail in order to confirm that. It'd still be horrible to find your relative dead, I'm aware, but at least I might be able to avoid leaving a specific image burned into their memories.

The only fear there, is the thought of someone pulling the mask off, which has the risk of being even more traumatizing than just walking in and immediately seeing my face. It's my hope that everyone would just leave my body alone and covered until the proper authorities would arrive to identify and remove it themselves.

Does this idea have a decent chance of working the way it's intended to, or is it likelier to make things worse instead?

Reactions: throwaway777
Mich517

Mich517

Ex-musician
Jan 9, 2019
One of the infamous things about ctb by hanging is the horrific sight it leaves behind, and I despise the thought of my family being greeted by my limp, suspended body and my empty eyes. But as much as I wish I had a better option that'd leave me in a slightly less disturbing position, like lying on the floor or something, hanging is what I have to go with if I am to ctb in my situation.

I've been wondering if there's a good way to "soften" the image and lessen the trauma toward my family. The first thing that comes to mind is to overdress a little. Wearing warm, thick clothes that cover as much of my skin as possible, including some type of makeshift mask to cover my face, such as a bag. When they see a suicide note, a corpse, and the shape of my body, they're bound to know it's me hanging there, and shouldn't need to see much gruesome detail in order to confirm that. It'd still be horrible to find your relative dead, I'm aware, but at least I might be able to avoid leaving a specific image burned into their memories.

The only fear there, is the thought of someone pulling the mask off, which has the risk of being even more traumatizing than just walking in and immediately seeing my face. It's my hope that everyone would just leave my body alone and covered until the proper authorities would arrive to identify and remove it themselves.

Does this idea have a decent chance of working the way it's intended to, or is it likelier to make things worse instead?
As far as I'm able to imagine, I think it would be better if they see you from the back without any covering instead with a bag on your head. Just because you don't wear it on every day. Imagine your father or whoever in that two different "options".

Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
As far as I'm able to imagine, I think it would be better if they see you from the back without any covering instead with a bag on your head. Just because you don't wear it on every day. Imagine your father or whoever in that two different "options".
I get what you mean but I don't think there's much control over where I'm facing after I die.

Reactions: Mich517 and DeadD
DeadD

DeadD

King Idiot
Mar 28, 2019
I've always planned on going somewhere super remote and just doing it in nature so that way the vultures can clean up the mess and my family won't have to see me like that. That or call the police and tell them my location so at least my family doesnt have to see my body, but knows where it is

Reactions: taylor321
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Sounds good, though I guess it depends on where you live. If I did that, I'm sure the police would come and stop me long before I could succeed.

M

MistakesHappen

Escapologist
Aug 29, 2018
Honestly i think they would uncover your face to be sure. That is what i would do, uncover the face and try to break the rope or something like that, i think a normal parent wouldn't leave the body there.
It's better to do it outside if you are worried of what is left behind

Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Thanks for the honest answer. You're definitely right. It's ridiculous of me to act like my family wouldn't immediately try to confirm exactly who I am, and whether I'm still alive. I guess I was just so hopeful that I could make things a bit better, I needed to be told the reality.

Outside isn't really an option where I live either, so looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet and die with my face showing. Forcing some poor family member to pull a bag off me and have my dead face flop out of it, right in front of them, would be another level of horrific. So I'll have to forget it.

• Aww..
Reactions: MistakesHappen