Sleepless night. How about you?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, heavyeyes, Dead Meat and 7 others
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

Im a night owl but I also have trouble falling asleep, I have to stay awake until I basically knock out.

• Hugs
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

I'm the same way. I'm awake all the time until I stay up so late I knock myself out. I like being awake at night better though. No pesky sunlight, as silly as that sounds.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, LONE WOLF., heavyeyes and 8 others
BritishPaul

BritishPaul

irl comic relief
Feb 11, 2023

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, heavyeyes, Dead Meat and 6 others
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

Not silly at all. Funny you should mention that as I dont ever leave the house during the day unless absolutely necessary. I find comfort in the darkness of night, less people out and less likely to be bothered by anyone

• Hugs
  • Love
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

I think that's how I'd like to live, if I was able to leave the house. When I was younger, I'd love to go out for walks at night. I'd walk around the neighborhood, maybe get some McDonalds if they were still open. I agree that nighttime is very peaceful.

• Love
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

I was never into walks or even runs for that matter but I did love bicycling. When I was around 18 I would take my road bike around town after work. I would go exploring taking unexplored routes for a couple hrs. Headphones in with the cool breeze man it was so serene.

• Hugs
  • Love
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

I never got past the training wheels stage when it came to bike-riding so I guess I kind of just gave up on it. But it's a skill I'd like to learn. It seems fun and practical. I live in a really small town so it was mostly just me walking the same roads over and over. Your experience sounds like it was a lot of fun. It seems nice just to be able to ride your bike for a few hours with just music and your thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, heavyeyes, Dead Meat and 8 others
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

My decently sized city (250k) is very bike friendly so lots of bike paths all over. Being from the midwest you only get so much good weather to ride. It did last long tho maybe a few years. Not really sure why I stopped and now its just a memory of the past

• Hugs
  • Love
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

That seems huge to me! I googled what the population of my town is and it's a little under 250. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and the stereotypes about it raining a lot here are very accurate. But I love being in the rain, so it works out. What's the weather like in the Midwest?

• Love
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

Its nice because we get all 4 seasons, I like the change. Summer gets nice n hot, fall the leaves change color, winter the stupid cold and snow, spring is usually the wettest and the green coming back. All have their benefits and negatives. I wouldnt mind living in the Pacific then I love rain especially thunderstorms

• Hugs
  • Love
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

That sounds really nice! I think I would like to be able to experience that at least once in my life, really experiencing all four seasons. Do you have a favorite? I take it based on your comments that you're not a fan of winter.

• Love
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

:haha: Im so over snow and freezing temps. Although over the last few years the winters arent as bad, dont get as much snow and lesser cold temps.

Both spring and fall. Spring has the rain and thunderstorms. Helps me sleep like a baby. It also brings what the vegetation needs to grow. Everything goes from dead to alive. It makes me feel reborn in a sense. Fall because of the colors, seeing the green turn into yellow, orange and red, is a beautiful sight on its own.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, newave3, heavyeyes and 8 others
D

donealready

A person
Dec 6, 2022

• Love
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

I can't relate. I love the snow. I'd love to trade with you so you could get the rain and I could get the snow. And wow the thunderstorms help you sleep? That's really nice. They've always kept me up, but that may be because I'm super sensitive. And I love watching the leaves change colors in the fall. I love all seasons except summer just because I find extremely warm weather intolerable. We've been having a lot of heatwaves in the summer the last few years and they have been insufferable.

• Love
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022

Yea I need some form of white noise to sleep, I always keep a fan on no matter how cold it gets and sometimes Ill listen to the youtube videos of rain/thunder or jets at cruise too.

Summer is easly the worst. Mosquitos, always sweating, burning yourself on leather seats and metal stuff.

• Hugs
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022

White noise is nice. I usually listen to podcasts or YouTube video essays when I fall asleep. I find getting immersed in dialogue of some kind is a good distraction for me while I'm trying to sleep. Strangely enough it doesn't keep me up. Mosquitos aren't a problem here thankfully. But the constant sweating is the worse. If you just lay there, you soak in the sweat. If you try to move around, more sweat. There's no way out.

• Love
D

donealready

A person
Dec 6, 2022

• Love
Reactions: 4am, newave3, heavyeyes and 9 others
BritishPaul

BritishPaul

irl comic relief
Feb 11, 2023