P

pueblo85

Jun 7, 2022
could you tell me a movie that talks about suicide, as a morbid

Reactions: Euthanza and cuddlefish22
C

cuddlefish22

Jul 1, 2022

Here's a link for a pretty good list. I've personally seen and enjoyed Girl, Interrupted and Christine.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Euthanza
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
"Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters" and Mishima's own movie "Patriotism," which he directed and starred in. I actually like the rescored version by Aaron Embry (check it out on YouTube) more than the original's mutilated Wagner score...

Reactions: MountainMonkey, Euthanza and Grey-zoner
G

Grey-zoner

Dec 17, 2021
"Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters" and Mishima's own movie "Patriotism," which he directed and starred in. I actually like the rescored version by Aaron Embry (check it out on YouTube) more than the original's mutilated Wagner score...
Great score on "A Life in Four Chapters" by Philip Glass. "Patriotism", if I remember correctly, was a self-masturbatory experimental film, not equivalent to his writing.
Taxi Driver is a little related to suicide (murder-suicide), but that's a pretty obvious choice. In general, there haven't been as many decent films about suicide as you would think. Probably because people prefer to ignore it.

Reactions: Euthanza
S

Sinfulserenity

May 30, 2022
could you tell me a movie that talks about suicide, as a morbid
I can't remember the name, so maybe someone can help me out. It's a movie where a grown daughter is meticulously planning out her suicide, and her mother is in the house with her, watching as she takes care of all of her last concerns. Her mom tries desperately to talk her out of it, but doesn't succeed. I think it came ou in the 80's, anyone?

Reactions: Euthanza
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
You Don't Know Jack (euthanasia)
Paddleton (assisted suicide)
The Craigslist Killer (murder suicide)

Reactions: MountainMonkey
G

ghqkiiia2

Jun 15, 2022