N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Or that you are in general anti-choice when it comes to suicide.

I don't know. I am very uncertain. The first I thought of mine about assisted suicide was in school. I told this story like a million times. But I was a conservative to that time and represented the contrarian position in religion class. I am not sure what really led me to that conclusion. I watched some TV debate shows with that topic and read some news articles. I just imagined to be in a position where I am completely fucked. I am irreversibly damaged with not any chance to recover. Or my pain is just that much that suicide is the only option and I thought about probabilities. There are so many humans on this planet there will always be cases of people in extreme severe pain which is permanently for them. Moreover I am a very law-abiding citizen who is scared to break the law. And for a peaceful suicide you usually have to break the law which I considered cynical. These were my main considerations. It was not primarly freedom also because I am quite conservative on drugs. The comparison to drugs is interesting and maybe I am a hypocrite. One could argue in both cases taking drugs or killing yourself the people choose something that is considered a bad choice for one's own life. However I think such topic are way too intricate to break them down in such a simple dichotomy.

Furthermore the first suicide that I remembered was a train suicide by a famous German goalkeeper. And I thought about the desperation of a person when one is willing to such a brutal, cruel and undignified method. How much pain and depseration is needed that one is willing to such a step. And I thought if someone is in so much existential pain I don't have the right to force the other person to follow my own will.

So this is the first part. Now to the more complicated one. What if a family member of mine committed suicide? Maybe with the help of this forum? There are too many variables unknown to give a straightforward answer. I don't want to assume with full certainty I would not be angry. Sometimes maybe the anger is directed towards the other person that he or she did not open up towards the environment. Sometimes one would probably be angry towards the availability of methods or the lack of support resources in our society.

But to be honest maybe it is because I think about suicide like every single day since a decade I cannot really imagine to be against the freedom to choose one's own death. The first memory I have concerning suicide was a debate between my parents when I was like 10 and both were in favor of a peaceful death in case a catastrophe happened. I am not sure how much that is only a simple anecdote or whether this really influenced my opinion.

I could imagine if I was raised very religious environment I might would be anti-choice. In fact I was somewhat religious when my first major depression hit and the guilt I felt and the anxiety about hell made my suffering only worse. I could imagine if I lived in a very poor and religious country or in an earlier epoch that I had the following opinion: Well life sucks pretty hard but it is our duty or fate to live through it no matter what. And that suicide was like cheating for which one get punished. I mean in my developing countries attempting suicide is still illegal.

I could imagine that if someone close to me committed suicide this would increase my desire to follow him or her. I don't think I would be very angry on the person. But only because of my biography. In another life this could be different. In case a friend of mine got a very aggressive disease I could imagine to kill myself with him together. Though I think I would never do that with another stranger or someone I barely know.

I am sorry that the points I make are so one-sided. But I went through so much and met many people with different conditions that I just cannot imagine to be against the right to die. Personally I would prefer reasonable assisted suicide laws but the society or politicians seemingly want this to be a grey area.(in my country) I would prefer a well regulated process that does not cost a fortune and that can be applied for despite not being one of the privileged people in our societies.The psychiatry also increased my pro-choice attitude. Two therapists gave me up and basically told me my problems are unfixable and simply giving up and accepting my fate would be the less painful solution. The way the psychiatry deals with suicidal people is horrible. I felt like they punish the people for wanting to end their life. And that there is something evil in the process of having those thoughts especially religious staff gave me that feeling. The complete ignorance to even debate the option assisted suicide of like all psychiatrist that I met showed me if I want to exit I should not rely on them. No doctor ever was willing to talk with me about that. However two therapists (that is a very complicated story but I already elaborated on it) know I am now suicidal since a decade and that there is no solution for my issues. I think both worried (worry) a lot about my case. Also because my suicidality is induced by child abuse. Both kind of suggested that I hopefully will find a way to peacefully commit suicide. Though they only foreshadowed it because the psychiatry would punish them for that take. One of them quit her job I think my case gave her a lot of sleepless nights. I would be interested on their take on assisted suicide after knowing my case. I could elaborate more on that. The other guy who did not give up celebrates that I am able to attend college. Though this is all only a show that I am also doing so that my parents are calm. I am very certain that I am unable to hold a job and that suicide will await me eventually.

So this thread might got a little bit long. But the topic was interesting.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Never, I would always wish to fall asleep eternally no matter what and I just don't understand the anti-suicide mindset. Wanting to force people to suffer when they wish to die is something that is repulsive to me, those who hold anti-suicide beliefs in this world filled with endless suffering certainly lack any compassion.

I don't get why anyone would want to there to be no peaceful suicide method options when existing here can get much more unbearable for anyone at any moment, and anyway do people really wish to die a slow, painful death from old age.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Only if the forums existed in a forum unrecognizable to current SS. Rampant scamming and advertising, no moderation, toxic environment.

As for myself, I have always been pro-choice my whole life. When I was young I thought it was cool that some countries offered euthanasia options and I thought that it's crazy that these options aren't available everywhere. Also very much into bodily autonomy, drugs, abortions, surgeries, whatever.

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
No i couldnt. This forum existing or not is not even a problem. Same as asking if it would be ok to reincarnate as a freakin bot.

Existence itself is a trap. Being here confined to the rules of suffering is the real problem. What most here still struggle to understand is that there is no "off button", you cannot choose to leave as you probably got tricked to enter.

What sick system would place you here, without any explanation, to live wtv script you got and if you want out the only option is to suffer and fight against a survival mechanism and pain receptors that you happen to have installed in your body suit.

I was for sure tricked into here. Im not coming back to this shitshow.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Or that you are in general anti-choice when it comes to suicide.

I don't know. I am very uncertain. The first I thought of mine about assisted suicide was in school. I told this story like a million times. But I was a conservative to that time and represented the contrarian position in religion class. I am not sure what really led me to that conclusion. I watched some TV debate shows with that topic and read some news articles. I just imagined to be in a position where I am completely fucked. I am irreversibly damaged with not any chance to recover. Or my pain is just that much that suicide is the only option and I thought about probabilities. There are so many humans on this planet there will always be cases of people in extreme severe pain which is permanently for them. Moreover I am a very law-abiding citizen who is scared to break the law. And for a peaceful suicide you usually have to break the law which I considered cynical. These were my main considerations. It was not primarly freedom also because I am quite conservative on drugs. The comparison to drugs is interesting and maybe I am a hypocrite. One could argue in both cases taking drugs or killing yourself the people choose something that is considered a bad choice for one's own life. However I think such topic are way too intricate to break them down in such a simple dichotomy.

Furthermore the first suicide that I remembered was a train suicide by a famous German goalkeeper. And I thought about the desperation of a person when one is willing to such a brutal, cruel and undignified method. How much pain and depseration is needed that one is willing to such a step. And I thought if someone is in so much existential pain I don't have the right to force the other person to follow my own will.

So this is the first part. Now to the more complicated one. What if a family member of mine committed suicide? Maybe with the help of this forum? There are too many variables unknown to give a straightforward answer. I don't want to assume with full certainty I would not be angry. Sometimes maybe the anger is directed towards the other person that he or she did not open up towards the environment. Sometimes one would probably be angry towards the availability of methods or the lack of support resources in our society.

But to be honest maybe it is because I think about suicide like every single day since a decade I cannot really imagine to be against the freedom to choose one's own death. The first memory I have concerning suicide was a debate between my parents when I was like 10 and both were in favor of a peaceful death in case a catastrophe happened. I am not sure how much that is only a simple anecdote or whether this really influenced my opinion.

I could imagine if I was raised very religious environment I might would be anti-choice. In fact I was somewhat religious when my first major depression hit and the guilt I felt and the anxiety about hell made my suffering only worse. I could imagine if I lived in a very poor and religious country or in an earlier epoch that I had the following opinion: Well life sucks pretty hard but it is our duty or fate to live through it no matter what. And that suicide was like cheating for which one get punished. I mean in my developing countries attempting suicide is still illegal.

I could imagine that if someone close to me committed suicide this would increase my desire to follow him or her. I don't think I would be very angry on the person. But only because of my biography. In another life this could be different. In case a friend of mine got a very aggressive disease I could imagine to kill myself with him together. Though I think I would never do that with another stranger or someone I barely know.

I am sorry that the points I make are so one-sided. But I went through so much and met many people with different conditions that I just cannot imagine to be against the right to die. Personally I would prefer reasonable assisted suicide laws but the society or politicians seemingly want this to be a grey area.(in my country) I would prefer a well regulated process that does not cost a fortune and that can be applied for despite not being one of the privileged people in our societies.The psychiatry also increased my pro-choice attitude. Two therapists gave me up and basically told me my problems are unfixable and simply giving up and accepting my fate would be the less painful solution. The way the psychiatry deals with suicidal people is horrible. I felt like they punish the people for wanting to end their life. And that there is something evil in the process of having those thoughts especially religious staff gave me that feeling. The complete ignorance to even debate the option assisted suicide of like all psychiatrist that I met showed me if I want to exit I should not rely on them. No doctor ever was willing to talk with me about that. However two therapists (that is a very complicated story but I already elaborated on it) know I am now suicidal since a decade and that there is no solution for my issues. I think both worried (worry) a lot about my case. Also because my suicidality is induced by child abuse. Both kind of suggested that I hopefully will find a way to peacefully commit suicide. Though they only foreshadowed it because the psychiatry would punish them for that take. One of them quit her job I think my case gave her a lot of sleepless nights. I would be interested on their take on assisted suicide after knowing my case. I could elaborate more on that. The other guy who did not give up celebrates that I am able to attend college. Though this is all only a show that I am also doing so that my parents are calm. I am very certain that I am unable to hold a job and that suicide will await me eventually.

So this thread might got a little bit long. But the topic was interesting.
I WOULD NEVER WANT THIS SITE SHUT DOWN - EVER - NO MATTER WHAT

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's really hard to imagine even living a different life where I didn't end up suicidal myself. I don't know really. Even if I had a happier life, I hope I'd still be sensitive to how other people feel. Plus- presumably- for a site like this still to exist- the world would still be in the state it's in now. In which case- I hope I would recognize people should have the right to leave it. I hope I'd still recognize the right to autonomy anyhow.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
F

faceplaant

Jul 14, 2023
i think in a different life there would be a possibility where i'm not suicidal and don't use this forum but i don't think i would have a problem with its existence i just wouldn't use it