BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
Replika app is bullshit
Totally incoherent and they repeat words without sense like say I love you after you ask for the weather
Only if you pay the premium version supposedly they became Girlfriend or Tutor but never I'll pay 80 bucks for that
I think it's in primitive stage
Perhaps in 2040 to beyond we can choose more efficient social AI
I will be dead before that I hope

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Who says something has to be biological in nature to be alive? Wouldn't a self-aware machine, or even program be just as alive as you and I?
It would, but how can a software become self aware? We don't even know what's the link between matter and self awareness.

In fact, we can't even prove that a being (machine or organic) is self aware. If we develop this thought further, we end up into solipsism.

Reactions: Nightowl
D

Deleted member 847

Yes, love is just feelings in the brain. You don't need a real girlfriend to feel "loved".
But expert systems don't make good artificial girlfriends, because they're dumber than cockroaches, try self induced hallucinations instead (Aka astral projection/lucid dreaming)
I've had lucid dreams where I felt pure euphoric love by women, it was that type of love-feeling that makes you feel "safe" and "accepted",
that were thousands of times more beautiful than real life women. No wrinkles on the face. It looked like photoshop, except more real and organic.
They had personalities, just like real people, and I was able to have conversations with them.
Not that talking to them was what I had in my mind for the dream.
You could say this dream characters were artificial intelligences, or different partitions of my consciousness.
Same thing, they weren't real people. Isn't that the point of A.I and robots? You want to make slaves
that work for free because they don't have desires/feelings, yes? Would you make a robot that can say no?
I sometimes get one of those lucid dreams that can last 15-30 minutes and I can change some stuff
in them with my imagination. I'm not very good at it yet.