nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I can NOT stand this, every song/sound/situation triggers a bad memory from my past. It reminds me that I have to be down and chained 24 7.

I was doing okay, and suddenly I remembered some memories with my ex BF, and my mind started making stories, he did that to you because you're stupid, you're ugly... you're so and so. I can't handle this. When I go outside my mind, and I realize that everyone from my past is doing pretty well in life, and I'm still stuck in their memories that do me nothing but drag me down to darker places.

Have you ever experienced memory flashbacks? How do you cope with flashbacks? Please share your experience and story :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant, Ame, Tabbyql and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I have, and to make matters worse, flashbacks LOVE to pop up in my dreams!
That's why I've started doing a research about lucid dreams because I'm fed up with not being able to dream what I want lol.

Coping with this reality is too much! Let me be happy in the dreams world at least!!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ame and nopointofliving
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
My whole experience was a depressing unnecessary horror show,
Not outright horror though there was plenty of that by anyone's standard. But emotional terror due to having a mental disorder and physical abnormalities and being emotionally blackmailed/victimised pressured by my ignorant fucking parents.

I cannot use 'healing' psychedelic drugs because I have stupid flashbacks and get psychosis.

Curse anybody who promotes this life.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Yes, I have and to make matters worse, flashbacks LOVE to pop up in my dreams!
That's why I've started doing a research about lucid dreams because I'm fed up with not being able to dream what I want lol.

Coping with this reality is too much! Let me be happy in the dreams world at least!!
Do you see many dreams at night as well? I do a lot, I see many weird dreams and they really put me down when I wake up :(

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
EMDR therapy

Reactions: nopointofliving
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Yes things that happened years ago usually, I automatically say "kill yourself" or "fuck off" every time it happens and get weird looks when someone else is there. I can't remember important things and seem stupid yet I can remember something bad just like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and TooConscious
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
My whole experience was a depressing unnecessary horror show,
Not outright horror though there was plenty of that by anyone's standard. But emotional terror due to having a mental disorder and physical abnormalities and being emotionally blackmailed/victimised pressured by my ignorant fucking parents.

I cannot use 'healing' psychedelic drugs because I have stupid flashbacks and get psychosis.

Curse anybody who promotes this life.
I can feel your pain.... I can't have a moment of peace in my day due to memory flashbacks, and at night... ah the great *horrible* dreams I see :(

Reactions: TooConscious
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Do you see many dreams at night as well? I do a lot, I see many weird dreams and they really put me down when I wake up :(

Yes!! It seems all humans dream at least 7 times every night but they can barely remember their dreams.

I've started writing them down as soon as I wake up. For instance, I always wake up around 4am to go to the toilet and at that very moment, I start writing my dreams down (while being a complete zombie state lol).

According to my research, writing your dreams down is the first step to dream what you want. Also, wondering if you're dreaming right now will make you do the same in the dream and you might then realize you're dreaming and take control! Yay! Hello lucid dream! That's my goal haha.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TooConscious and nopointofliving
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Yes things that happened years ago usually, I automatically say "kill yourself" or "fuck off" every time it happens and get weird looks when someone else is there. I can't remember important things and seem stupid yet I can remember something bad just like that.
I have a similar problem where I have uncontrolled emotions toward things/situations I'm ashamed of in my life I will say out loud "you fuckin knob head" and such about maybe twenty times a day and get really tense and throw stuff or pull and sometimes rip my clothes. I've been attacked over it by chavs.

It isn't even bad stuff, just bad to me as I remember how it made me feel and how I could have and think I shouldve known better to avoid it.
Things like making a fool out of myself like saying something stupid in front of people I shouldn't have.
Really insignificant things that EVERYONE DOES rule over me because this society is a sick game designed to make some suffer to show the rest 'don't step out of line or you end up like him'.
Its sad to realize I've turned into that schizophrenic ' guy you see mumbling to himself'.
I can feel your pain.... I can't have a moment of peace in my day due to memory flashbacks, and at night... ah the great *horrible* dreams I see :(
I come round into this hell every morning incredibly depressed as if I'm back suffering those experiences and it takes me a couple of hours to 'get back in my skin' and be numb, also relying on medication.
Knowing this world is rigged to fuck some of us severely doesn't help, makes me worse the injustice of it really.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime, Tabbyql and nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I experienced the same thing... whenever I remember something, I say to myself: fuck you or and I feel something heavy on my chest.

• Hugs
Reactions: JustAMatterOfTime
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I have a similar problem where I have uncontrolled emotions toward things/situations I'm ashamed of in my life I will say out loud "you fuckin knob head" and such about maybe twenty times a day and get really tense and throw stuff or pull and sometimes rip my clothes. I've been attacked over it by chavs.

Its sad to realize I've turned into that schizophrenic guy I'm guilty of not being taught to understand as a kid.

I come round into this hell every morning incredibly depressed as if I'm back suffering those experiences and it takes me a couple of hours to 'get back in my skin' and be numb, also relying on medication.
Knowing this world is rigged to fuck some of us severely doesn't help, makes me worse the injustice of it really.
I feel your pain.. I have the same problem :(

Reactions: TooConscious
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
Flashbacks of just random moments of mostly bullying family/ school. Guess it's my brains way of getting me to slowly remember everything that my brains tried to protect me from. Judging by the flashbacks I don't fink I wanna remember everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious and nopointofliving
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Yes!! It seems all humans dream at least 7 times every night but they can barely remember their dreams.

I've started writing them down as soon as I wake up. For instance, I always wake up around 4am to go to the toilet and at that very moment I start writing my dreams down (while being a complete zombie state lol).

According to my research, writing your dreams down is the first step to dream what you want. Also, wondering if you're dreaming right now will make you do the same in the dream and you might then realize you're dreaming and take control! Yay! Hello lucid dream! That's my goal haha.
I'm lazy to write my dreams... but I'll try to do so.. Thank you for sharing this technique :)

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife