clearing eyes

clearing eyes

femboy hooters employee of the month
Jul 23, 2019
growing up, the only way my parents dealt with their anger was by breaking things or hitting me. now i don't know any other ways to deal with my anger. in the moment, the only thing i can think to do is destroy myself and my surroundings as much as possible. i have the right mind not to hurt anyone else, because i just don't have the desire and of course they don't deserve it. but i do injure myself and break my belongings. how do you guys cope?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ERASED, purplesmoothie, XYZ and 3 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I like to throw glasses/beer bottle at the wall.
I try to avoid hurting myself as much as possible.
Emotions are over-rated.
The moment I receive/feel negative emotions, I get rid of it.
I don't want none of that negative shit.
It's fruitless and does not help me.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, Worthless_nobody and Pineapplecrown
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Ooh, this is a tough one. I find it hard even admitting that I have anger issues, but I do. Recent interactions with my husband have demonstrated that to me. Some people subscribe to peaceful activities like gardening or meditation... that stuff has NEVER worked for me. I feel like I need to scream and let it out, even throw things sometimes. My husband likes to go for drives. Sometimes I'll listen to music to help.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tiredofitall2323, KleinerWolf, XYZ and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I suppose if I had firearms, I would just go to a shooting range and mag dump (not necessarily fully automatic, but rapidly firing until I'm empty) at ranges that allow it. This would be another good reason to have firearms, for target shooting and there are even stories of people finding going to the shooting range to be cathartic. One caveat though is that depending on how oftenly you go about it, ammo can add up and get expensive, especially after many sessions (especially if you go through hundreds of rounds).

In the meantime, I just take my old junk/posessions I don't want and smash it and then trash it. Sure, eventually I run out of personal effects from the past that I don't care about, but that's what I do. Other than that, I just go off on yelling in my room, sometimes to the detriment of annoying people in my house, which was never my intention but occasionally does happen. It's not a good cope or habit and I've been looking into other ways as to not draw attention or suspicion to myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, XYZ and Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
This is a tough sad subject for me. I have extreme anger issues and I don't cope well. My parents yelled and fought when I was a child my all my ex's were loud angry people...one would hit and hurt me in his anger. I'm ruining my current relationship because of my anger issues...he is very calm and never gets angry and can't stand my anger outbursts. Environment plays so much into this it's unfair...all I have ever seen or known is anger. I would love to try art, or gardening or anything to help but lately I threw and broke a glass, and burned myself...so I'm not handling it too well.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Sounds tough, man. I do the same. Break stuff and hit myself. As I am typing this I have a big bruise on my right arm from a recent meltdown. I also smashed my tablet during that same episode and I am kinda sorry about that. My anger knows no limits, it is uncontrollable and it rages like a wild fire. I don't give enough fucks to try and control it. I only hurt my own body and destroy my own property so I don't really care, it's not like I am injuring someone else.

• Aww..
Reactions: KleinerWolf
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Same... ever since I was a kid I always throw things every time I feel sad or angry. I stopped because my mom got mad at me, but then I start yelling and crying when I'm angry. Somehow I start injuring myself when I feel angry. Biting my arms and fingers, scratching, hitting my head or my body using my hand or an object. This isn't helping lol I don't know how to cope but at least nothing's broken. Just me.

Hope you find a solution to cope soon. Wishing you the best.

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon and XYZ
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
If you are not physically ill i would try to channel that extreme negative energy into something healthy for yourself, weight-lifting or running for example.
Good luck.

Reactions: Wayfaerer
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
So many times where I felt the overwhelming urge to punch holes in the wall. I just repeat "calm down" in my head while taking deep breaths.