dmdmdm

dmdmdm

Student
Sep 20, 2023
What coping mechanisms do you use when the urge to CTB is getting too strong again?

I'd Like to cope in a way other than self-harm and/or crying like a bitch.

Something that doesn't leave marks preferably

• Hugs
Reactions: rih and Hero Remeer
Hero Remeer

Hero Remeer

Sep 22, 2024
When I was really sick, all I did was stay in bed trying to rest. Afterwards, when I recovered, I spoke to people I trusted, called people and talked about my sadness. That relieved me. I see that going through this matter alone is worse, it's as if the mind imagines many things that in the end won't even happen. With this I mean that I got it out of my insides in some way and if I couldn't talk to anyone, I could write it down by my own hand on a piece of paper.
Open world games like Skyrim are a good way to pass the time, but there is a limit to that. I find it relaxing to play at my own pace in those games.
I forgot something, what I really lacked when I was sick was company, a hug, someone to lean on.
I hope I have helped you in some way.
Greetings, a hug, be well.

rih

rih

Aug 23, 2024
I have these pretty comfortable noise cancelling headphones, and I really like to find like some sort of noises I like and just blast them (at reasonable volume not to damage hearing) Things like from when I was a kid like tumble dryers/hoovers , heavy rain storm noises, certain 'color' noises like blue/brown/red, then I like to read, if it's with rain my brain subjects every scene and setting to match the noise and there's something calming about it. Or just lie down. as long as the noise occupies my head I get a little calmer.

Reactions: dmdmdm