M

Mare Tranquillitatis

Mar 10, 2020
I am planning with an exit bag in some months. Of course I fear to fail. How do you cope with a failure, I think it must be a terrible feeling. I did no attempt up to now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I had hanging failures but nobody ever found out so only feelings i had were anger, frustration and sadness because i failed. I still wish it worked, but that 1 tiny mistake..

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
My belief is the exit bag method, if the procedure in the "Exit International" videos is followed (see "BedsideViewing.rar" in the Resources tab), except use a 20 cu ft (minimum) cylinder of inert gas for welding rather than the "Balloon Time" disposable tank since those now are mixed with air, has almost no chance of failure. For all except those who aren't able to breathe deeply due to illness, I feel this method is the best in terms of reliability, accessibility, painlessness, peacefulness, etc. I don't understand why anyone would choose to use anything else if they have around $300 and can have a small cylinder of gas delivered to their residence without suspicion. I am in the US and was able to easily purchase helium online and buy a regulator flowmeter at a local tool store as I posted about previously. Maybe in other countries it is more difficult to obtain the gas, but I feel the advantages make it at least worth trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakespear's Brother and Mare Tranquillitatis
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I don't really have an answer, but I do share the same concern, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the main things that's holding me back from moving forward at this point as I've been ready to go for some time.

It seems like a failure would feel psychologically devastating. Because it's like, "okay, now what the fuck do I do?"

Even more so as exit bag is one of the more reliable ways, provided the protocol is followed and the gas is precisely pure enough.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I took the opportunity after a recent failure to just let life take its course for a short while, and reevaluate things.

It's either a case of if at first you don't succeed, try and try again, or maybe it's a matter of if it doesn't work out, perhaps it wasn't meant to be.

Suicide is so complicated there must be far more failures than successes. You're not in the minority of cases, for sure.

Reactions: Shakespear's Brother and Mare Tranquillitatis