• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I thought micro dosing would help me. Somehow I'm still in a dark place. every time I microdose psilocybin/shrooms I keep getting this thought. That we all were given the same lifetime summation of suffering. we can't leave until we reach our "quota."

Even though we are all given an equal amount of suffering over our lifetime, it manifests differently in everyone. Some will have their suffering spread throughout a lifetime. Some will have it all at the end. Some will have external suffering. Some internal. Some physical. Some self-inflicted. Some emotional. Some familial. Some spiritual. Some social. Some genetically. Some environmentally. Some are condensed. Some are diluted and spread out. Some will have a little bit of everything, etc. Get creative with it. The unfolding of suffering looks unique to everyone. Short lifetime. Long lifetime. the summation will be the same amount.

I think you die (whether intentionally, or by natural causes, or by a natural disaster, etc), when you've fulfilled the amount you're supposed to. The amount everyone needs to reach before they die. It's the summation of suffering. We can't compare anything because we all don't know our end dates. And some people suffer in silence.

So if this were true though, and we all can't have more or less than anyone else, karma would hold no value, at least not in this lifetime. Maybe karma defines your reincarnation. like coming back as a fucking slug if you deserve it.

Why does my brain literally go to this one thought every time I have shrooms? (I'm still new to shrooms btw). But this feeling. It feels like I figured out the universe, at least when it comes to suffering. Like suffering is an energy, like a sum of kinetic and potential energies. If suffering is an energy, I feel like it's balanced in the universe. It is out of our control.

Even though I know everyone is given the same amount of suffering in their lifetime, it doesn't help alleviate suffering. Except now it just feels like penance for being alive.

You can't compare yours to others because you don't know everything they went through. And you don't know what they WILL go through. And you don't even know what YOU will go through.

I know this is controversial. I am not saying any suffering is deserved. I am not saying any of it is fair. But unfortunately I think none of us will be able to escape this life until we've hit our suffering quotas.

At least when someone passes, there's relief in knowing that their suffering is over.

EDIT: I understand this isn't an easy concept to get. There's no way to know someone else's past, present, or future suffering. There's no way to even know our own. I'm NOT saying one person's adversity equals someone else's adversity. And it would be ignorant of me to assume someone's adversity is causing their suffering.

Also, not everyone is vocal about what traumas they've had. I'm saying that you don't know what other people are going through or will go through. I'm not saying childhood cancer is the same as someone suffering a heartbreak. It's the sum of suffering in the lifetime. Happiness doesn't negate any past, present, or future suffering, unfortunately.

It's my way of coping and trying to understand certain things in the world. Like a baby who passes away a few days in their life. Their suffering was condensed all to the beginning of their life. Some people have it spread out or scattered throughout a lifetime, but they have a lifetime that's longer than a few days. It's the lifetime summation.

We can't know if someone's suffering will only be at the end of their lives. We can't know if someone suffers in silence. I guess this is my elaborate way of describing empathy. Even though I've been through so much I can't even begin to discuss, I literally feel bad for everyone; I just look at people and wonder about their past, present, and future suffering.

I'm not minimizing anyone else's suffering either. It's just a new perspective. We can't know everything. I feel our lifetime suffering quota is the same but we each have vastly different adversities and struggles. Suffering is manifested differently in each person and we can't assume their situation is causing suffering.

We all end up the same (dead) eventually. Human nature will always have us jealous in wishing our suffering would present differently. And there are others who think they're the fortunate ones but they may face a horrible ending or suddenly lose their children in a car accident. And there are some who put on a facade but are actually suffering silently. We can't tell them their suffering isn't suffering just because it doesn't look how you think suffering should look. Each and every suffering is valid.

Last edited:
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I don't know about this. There are people who die old and happy who claim to have had an easy life. I'm in my early 20s and hardky remember a time I haven't suffered. What about people who had childhood cancer? That's a hell of a lot of suffering early on. What about babies who die a few days into life? Just my personal take on this.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
To me, the premise that we are all given the same amount of suffering in this world is incorrect. I think many people experience much more suffering than others, and, vice versa, others much less than many others. There's no "equity" in this world. I have no idea what "shrooms" do in general, or what they do to you, specifically.

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I don't know about this. There are people who die old and happy who claim to have had an easy life. I'm in my early 20s and hardky remember a time I haven't suffered. What about people who had childhood cancer? That's a hell of a lot of suffering early on. What about babies who die a few days into life? Just my personal take on this.
Just because someone is old and dying happy does not mean they haven't had their share of suffering. Not everyone is vocal about what traumas they've had. What I'm saying is you don't know what other people are going through or will go through. Not saying childhood cancer is the same as someone suffering a heartbreak. It's the sum of suffering in the lifetime.

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
To me, the premise that we are all given the same amount of suffering in this world is incorrect. I think many people experience much more suffering than others, and, vice versa, others much less than many others. There's no "equity" in this world. I have no idea what "shrooms" do in general, or what they do to you, specifically.
It's just my elaborate way of saying you don't know everything someone went through or will go through. Idk I guess it's the definition of empathy. Everyone's suffering unfolds in ways unique to them.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I've been microdosing too and it's just making me feel even more like dying. I think it's beneficial for those in a neutral state. it brings up trauma it was my last hope for helping with depression. It does sometimes make me believe there is some sort of higher powers though

Reactions: ilovemydog
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It's just my elaborate way of saying you don't know everything someone went through or will go through. Idk I guess it's the definition of empathy. Everyone's suffering unfolds in ways unique to them.
I agree with this^. Our own hell is our own hell, and ours alone, but I still believe suffering is not equally distributed, although, I will say, there certainly is plenty to go around. Plenty for all.

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
It's myI agree with this^. Our own hell is our own hell, and ours alone, but I still believe suffering is not equally distributed, although, I will say, there certainly is plenty to go around. Plenty for all.

I agree with this^. Our own hell is our own hell, and ours alone, but I still believe suffering is not equally distributed, although, I will say, there certainly is plenty to go around. Plenty for all.
It's my way of coping and trying to understand certain things in the world. Like a baby who passes away a few days in their life. Their suffering was condensed all to the beginning of their life. Some people have it spread throughout a lifetime, but they have a lifetime that's longer than a few days. It's the summation.
I've been microdosing too and it's just making me feel even more like dying. I think it's beneficial for those in a neutral state. it brings up trauma it was my last hope for helping with depression. It does sometimes make me believe there is some sort of higher powers though
Ive been trying to use psilocybin as a last effort/last hope for me too. bc there's really nothing else I can do. since it's not helping, it feels like it's a sign that it's my time to go. Along with a lot of other things I'm going through. I haven't tried ketamine though, have you?

Last edited:
Reactions: locked*n*loaded
B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
I thought micro dosing would help me. Somehow I'm still in a dark place. every time I microdose psilocybin/shrooms I keep getting this thought. That we all were given the same lifetime summation of suffering. we can't leave until we reach our "quota."

Even though we are all given an equal amount of suffering over our lifetime, it manifests differently in everyone. Some will have their suffering spread throughout a lifetime. Some will have it all at the end. Some will have external suffering. Some internal. Some physical. Some self-inflicted. Some emotional. Some familial. Some spiritual. Some social. Some genetically. Some environmentally. Some are condensed. Some are diluted and spread out. Some will have a little bit of everything, etc. Get creative with it. The unfolding of suffering looks unique to everyone. Short lifetime. Long lifetime. the summation will be the same amount.

I think you die (whether intentionally, or by natural causes, or by a natural disaster, etc), when you've fulfilled the amount you're supposed to. The amount everyone needs to reach before they die. It's the summation of suffering. We can't compare anything because we all don't know our end dates. And some people suffer in silence.

So if this were true though, and we all can't have more or less than anyone else, karma would hold no value, at least not in this lifetime. Maybe karma defines your reincarnation. like coming back as a fucking slug if you deserve it.

Why does my brain literally go to this one thought every time I have shrooms? (I'm still new to shrooms btw). But this feeling. It feels like I figured out the universe, at least when it comes to suffering. Like suffering is an energy, like a sum of kinetic and potential energies. If suffering is an energy, I feel like it's balanced in the universe. It is out of our control.

Even though I know everyone is given the same amount of suffering in their lifetime, it doesn't help alleviate suffering. Except now it just feels like penance for being alive.

You can't compare yours to others because you don't know everything they went through. And you don't know what they WILL go through. And you don't even know what YOU will go through.don

I know this is controversial. I am not saying any suffering is deserved. I am not saying any of it is fair. But unfortunately I think none of us will be able to escape this life until we've hit our suffering quotas.

When someone passes, there's relief in knowing that their suffering is over.
I really don't think this is true. You have some people suffering enormously. While I am sure the rich and powerful have things go wrong you can't say their suffering is on par with the average North Korean. Or take western cases Like the Fritzl case or Sylvia Likken.

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I really don't think this is true. You have some people suffering enormously. While I am sure the rich and powerful have things go wrong you can't say their suffering is on par with the average North Korean. Or take western cases Like the Fritzl case or Sylvia Likken.
But you don't know if all of their suffering will be at the end of their lives. You don't know if anyone suffers in silence. I guess this is my elaborate way of describing empathy. I literally feel bad for everyone, ever since I've had this new way of thinking. I just look at people and wonder about their past, present, or future suffering.

I'm not minimizing anyone else's suffering either. Just a new perspective of seeing a lifetime summation of suffering. We can't know everything. So we can assume we're the same because we all end up the same eventually. Can't justify any suffering but it is manifested differently in others. Human nature will always have jealousy in wishing their suffering presents differently. Or there are some thinking they're the fortunate ones but have a horrible ending. Or some who put on a facade but are actually suffering silently.
Ive been trying to use psilocybin as a last effort/last hope for me too. bc there's really nothing else I can do. since it's not helping, it feels like it's a sign that it's my time to go. Along with a lot of other things I'm going through. I haven't tried ketamine though, have you?

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
It's my way of coping and trying to understand certain things in the world. Like a baby who passes away a few days in their life. Their suffering was condensed all to the beginning of their life. Some people have it spread throughout a lifetime, but they have a lifetime that's longer than a few days. It's the summation.

Yes , for me it only helped for a day but I enjoyed the spiritual experience of it . It's definitely worth a try

Reactions: ilovemydog
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I personally don't agree with this. I don't see how suffering is spread equally amongst everybody. I do think you are right when you say that we don't know what others will go through as well as that suffering manifests differently in everybody but, still, I don't think that the suffering experienced is equal. If it was equal, why would a site like this even exist for you to voice your thoughts on? Not to mention at how I can see that I'm not suffering as much as somebody with chronic pain or somebody who is homeless or even as much as some other people on this site.

Maybe I'd agree more if you were only referring to instrumental suffering (i.e. suffering which is used to alleviate further suffering down the line such as using the gym to be in good health, working to avoid homelessness, going through rejections to find the right relationship etc). However, even then, I wouldn't fully agree due to how some people could suffer more through working to avoid homelessness as not everybody finds work to be easily. Some people have a neurotype or other issues that goes against them, making life harder for them overall

I personally don't understand how you think that we suffer equally in society when there are some who clearly have to go through more challenges (hence more suffering) as a result

I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I personally don't agree with this. I don't see how suffering is spread equally amongst everybody. I do think you are right when you say that we don't know what others will go through as well as that suffering manifests differently in everybody but, still, I don't think that the suffering experienced is equal. If it was equal, why would a site like this even exist for you to voice your thoughts on? Not to mention at how I can see that I'm not suffering as much as somebody with chronic pain or somebody who is homeless or even as much as some other people on this site.

Maybe I'd agree more if you were only referring to instrumental suffering (i.e. suffering which is used to alleviate further suffering down the line such as using the gym to be in good health, working to avoid homelessness, going through rejections to find the right relationship etc). However, even then, I wouldn't fully agree due to how some people could suffer more through working to avoid homelessness as not everybody finds work to be easily. Some people have a neurotype or other issues that goes against them, making life harder for them overall

I personally don't understand how you think that we suffer equally in society when there are some who clearly have to go through more challenges (hence more suffering) as a result
I understand this isn't an easy concept to get. There's no way to know someone else's past, present, or future suffering. There's no way to even know our own. Not saying one person's adversity equals someone else's adversity. It would also be ignorant of me to assume someone's adversity is causing suffering

Reactions: divinemistress36