Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
One thing I've learned from my time here is that suicidal thoughts and behaviors are not as simple as one cure. Even if your opinion does work, it wouldn't work for everyone.

Reactions: Rouge4000, Sleeper System, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
You don't have to, actually. You don't gave to pontificate about the lives of people you know nothing about. Why do you want to?
for fun... statistics are the devil!!!!!!!! run away satan is coming for you

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The problem with suicide today is that we live in a weak society, and I refer to the facts. We live in a world where every day you see how young people are taught that they must "fight for their rights", that they have many "rights", but where are the obligations?... the traditional family is despised, no one wants to have children. Are your parents old? put them in a nursing home, people make fun of you? report them to the police. In a world without responsibilities full of weak people, it is normal to see life as meaningless... And personally I think that people who see life as meaningless without something serious happening to them to justify it, are just bored.

I definitely agree with the 'obligation' part. I think some people feel a huge sense of obligation towards all things living. They may even feel an obligation to have children in the first place- and then they feel obligated towards them. Life becomes a trap.

I just get the impression that- even when people's lives are bad, some put up with them because they feel like they have to. They simply won't consider suicide as an option.

I think maybe in today's society, we are more open to question things rather than trust and accept them. I don't think we trust our governments as much as maybe we used to. Things like psychology have enabled us to blame our parents for things we probably would never have dared to before. Plenty of people don't enjoy being a wage slave in a capitalist/consummerist culture. Many people are secular now. So- we seem more willing to question the rules. We feel less obligated to follow them if we see them for being exploitative. I definitely think suicide is a willingness to break the rules and shed obligations.

I don't think it's always that people are weak. I think it's that people sometimes reject having these obligations put on them. I guess I do agree with the OP there- it does feel like it's a response to oppression. Limits basically. We are a very limited species. Even our biology can severely limit us but also our financial/social position. Most of us realise we're not going to live happily ever after!

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, Celerity, edu0z and 2 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I definitely agree with the 'obligation' part. I think some people feel a huge sense of obligation towards all things living. They may even feel an obligation to have children in the first place- and then they feel obligated towards them. Life becomes a trap.

I just get the impression that- even when people's lives are bad, some put up with them because they feel like they have to. They simply won't consider suicide as an option.

I think maybe in today's society, we are more open to question things rather than trust and accept them. I don't think we trust our governments as much as maybe we used to. Things like psychology have enabled us to blame our parents for things we probably would never have dared to before. Plenty of people don't enjoy being a wage slave in a capitalist/consummerist culture. Many people are secular now. So- we seem more willing to question the rules. We feel less obligated to follow them if we see them for being exploitative. I definitely think suicide is a willingness to break the rules and shed obligations.

I don't think it's always that people are weak. I think it's that people sometimes reject having these obligations put on them. I guess I do agree with the OP there- it does feel like it's a response to oppression. Limits basically. We are a very limited species. Even our biology can severely limit us but also our financial/social position. Most of us realise we're not going to live happily ever after!
interesting POV

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've seen videos of impoverished people in desperately poor countries hanging themselves or one was actually stabbing himself repeatedly. I'm sure it happens everywhere and it is possible that people in those countries are not aware of that because the news is suppressed.

Reactions: Lupgevif