V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
Hi, hope to get a constructive response.

If someone didn't mind drawing out the process along months, with some pain along the way and letting a progressive illness take them out (easier on family vs suicide amongst other reasons), what would be some ways to fuck up the body that could make the body seriously struggle to continue and one day give up?

Something a bit faster than drinking/smoking/eating to death that wouldn't be instant like SN and other popular methods here but still increasingly lethal the more you do it.

The 2 organs to target I would think are the heart and lungs, are there any foods or substances taken to excess that would seriously undermine them?

Sorry if this comes across as silly or ignorant, would really appreciate some interesting ideas.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, yetme, _Minsk and 1 other person
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I had thoughts on stomach / colon cancer. Won't recommend this: it's informational only.

In some hardware stores, you can still buy the small particle smoke detectors. Inside is the only radioactive element a person can legally buy (as I was told): Americum 241. I would imagine buy a few if them and swallowing the elements would cause some sort of cancer.

Again: I've seen people with Colon and Intestinal Cancer close up: You do not want this. I'm posting this only in the spirit of background info.

I'm pro-choice. Find a different way. You don't want that Hell , no matter what you feel. Seriously.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Yomyom, Sunset764 and 3 others
¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
I have a heart disease and im trying to make it worse on purpose. Not sure if this is going to work but im trying really hard. We shall see. I cannot ctb in a way that would have been clear what i have done (sn, partial etc). It MUSNT look like suicide. So i will give it a shot until i think of something better.

• Love
Reactions: neveraskedforthis, Blackpoolbootz and voltage268
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020

If someone didn't mind drawing out the process along months, with some pain along the way and letting a progressive illness take them out (easier on family vs suicide amongst other reasons), what would be some ways to fuck up the body that could make the body seriously struggle to continue and one day give up?

Something a bit faster than drinking/smoking/eating to death that wouldn't be instant like SN and other popular methods here but still increasingly lethal the more you do it.

The 2 organs to target I would think are the heart and lungs, are there any foods or substances taken to excess that would seriously undermine them?

Sorry if this comes across as silly or ignorant, would really appreciate some interesting ideas.
How old are you, height, weight, build? What is your health situation now? What you are suggesting will take years. Also I do not know how you can target those organs with foods and substances. Foods and substances go through the liver and damaging a liver takes decades.

Reactions: Sunset764, laserfocus111, voltage268 and 1 other person
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
How old are you, height, weight, build? What is your health situation now? What you are suggesting will take years. Also I do not know how you can target those organs with foods and substances. Foods and substances go through the liver and damaging a liver takes decades.

31 male 5'10" 165lbs slim to average build (used to be athletic). My health situation is lifelong moderate to severe clinical depression and anxiety which has gotten worse over the years, I feel lethargic, head pain and nausea here and there, peeing more often, weight gain but eating less (checked for diabetes, came back negative). I feel like shit but look fine from the outside.

You make a good point with the liver being the intermediary, are there any interesting suggestions you have that effect any vital organ?

What about regularly inhaling small amounts of the smoke of burning newspapers and papers? The cumulative effect of that over time?

Thanks.

I have a heart disease and im trying to make it worse on purpose. Not sure if this is going to work but im trying really hard. We shall see. I cannot ctb in a way that would have been clear what i have done (sn, partial etc). It MUSNT look like suicide. So i will give it a shot until i think of something better.

Really interested to hear about how you get on, it's messed up but I'm a bit envious of your heart disease, sorry if that comes across insensitive. What things have you been trying? I been dabbling with inhaling the smoke of small amounts of burning newspaper, as messed up as that sounds.

I had thoughts on stomach / colon cancer. Won't recommend this: it's informational only.

In some hardware stores, you can still buy the small particle smoke detectors. Inside is the only radioactive element a person can legally buy (as I was told): Americum 241. I would imagine buy a few if them and swallowing the elements would cause some sort of cancer.

Again: I've seen people with Colon and Intestinal Cancer close up: You do not want this. I'm posting this only in the spirit of background info.

I'm pro-choice. Find a different way. You don't want that Hell , no matter what you feel. Seriously.

What are your thoughts on regularly inhaling the fumes and smoke of small amounts of burning paper in terms of lung cancer etc?

Last edited:
T

tothemoon

Aug 5, 2019
I might luck out with this. I have barretts esophoagus. Basically acid reflux for years has given me a pre-cancerous condition. But it's hit or miss. I was diagnosed 3 years ago...haven't checked it since because 'merica' and I have no health insurance. All literature shows it DOES turn to cancer...but that might be 20 years from now. Or...I could have the cancer already and it might take a year or so before it's so bad that I know (this happens with pancreatic cancer, they will have it for 18-24 months but the symptoms are so asymptomatic by the time they know officially...its too late). To answer your question...ridiculously heavy alcohol use can shut down your liver. and it happens 'quickly' , my brother went on basically a 6 month binge and it nearly shut his liver down. If you're in a place where you could drink straight vodka on a daily basis...could work in a year or so. But again, we're talking LOTS of liquor, daily. Fact of the matter is most people just can't keep up with that.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk and voltage268
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
I might luck out with this. I have barretts esophoagus. Basically acid reflux for years has given me a pre-cancerous condition. But it's hit or miss. I was diagnosed 3 years ago...haven't checked it since because 'merica' and I have no health insurance. All literature shows it DOES turn to cancer...but that might be 20 years from now. Or...I could have the cancer already and it might take a year or so before it's so bad that I know (this happens with pancreatic cancer, they will have it for 18-24 months but the symptoms are so asymptomatic by the time they know officially...its too late). To answer your question...ridiculously heavy alcohol use can shut down your liver. and it happens 'quickly' , my brother went on basically a 6 month binge and it nearly shut his liver down. If you're in a place where you could drink straight vodka on a daily basis...could work in a year or so. But again, we're talking LOTS of liquor, daily. Fact of the matter is most people just can't keep up with that.

Unfortunately I live with my parents so hiding severe benders would be hard lol but appreciate the suggestion. A close family member has acid reflux and now I'm worried for her... One good thing about the UK is our NHS so I'm sorry you have to have those circumstances, half my family live in the US and I grew up always wanting to live there, grass is not always greener I guess.

Reactions: Sunset764
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
What are your thoughts on regularly inhaling the fumes and smoke of small amounts of burning paper in terms of lung cancer etc?

Unlikely. People smoke cigarettes: burning paper and carcinogens. Rate of increased cancer risk started at 20 pack/years.

Lung cancer isn't a good way to go.

Reactions: Sunset764 and autumnal
¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
Really interested to hear about how you get on, it's messed up but I'm a bit envious of your heart disease, sorry if that comes across insensitive. What things have you been trying? I been dabbling with inhaling the smoke of small amounts of burning newspaper, as messed up as that sounds.

I know what you mean. Its absolute hell and i hate this disease. It has robbed me of many many things. This is the only time its going to be in favor. Im taking less meds than perscribed, im taking very high doses of vitamin e (its harmful for the heart) and im trying to raise my blood pressure. I have no idea how this is going to turn out.

If that fails me i have already established a plan b. I was diagnosed with a very rare pre-malignant blood disease last year. Doctors thought i had lymphoma. I have been researching all the possible ways i can cause cancer to develop. For a very long time. But this is going to be hard to execute.

Reactions: voltage268
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
My fucked-up lungs got this way largely due to this:

I'm not sure I could make myself aspirate stuff on purpose, though.

V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
I know what you mean. Its absolute hell and i hate this disease. It has robbed me of many many things. This is the only time its going to be in favor. Im taking less meds than perscribed, im taking very high doses of vitamin e (its harmful for the heart) and im trying to raise my blood pressure. I have no idea how this is going to turn out.

If that fails me i have already established a plan b. I was diagnosed with a very rare pre-malignant blood disease last year. Doctors thought i had lymphoma. I have been researching all the possible ways i can cause cancer to develop. For a very long time. But this is going to be hard to execute.

How many IUs of vit E are you taking and how are you raising blood pressure if you don't mind mentioning? I think too much salt could but kidney stones etc sound brutal lol. Have you had much trouble with the side effects of megadosing vit E - 'diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, weakness, tiredness, headaches, rashes'? I wish you peace every day that you're still here.

¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
How many IUs of vit E are you taking and how are you raising blood pressure if you don't mind mentioning? I think too much salt could but kidney stones etc sound brutal lol. Have you had much trouble with the side effects of megadosing vit E - 'diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, weakness, tiredness, headaches, rashes'? I wish you peace every day that you're still here.

Im taking 800 Ul. Im weak and tired all the time so i cant say if its due to vitamin e. But im getting terrible nose bleeds and headaches almost every day. Vitamin e acts as blood thinner.
Im taking oxymetazoline- nasal spray that is meant to constrict blood vessels (in nose). But i take it orally so i get the systhemic effect. It constricts blood vessles and consequently raises blood pressure. I couldnt stand the thirst and water retention salt gave me.

I wouldnt recommend my method to anyone. Thank you! The same goes for you. I wish you all the best.

• Love
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
Unlikely. People smoke cigarettes: burning paper and carcinogens. Rate of increased cancer risk started at 20 pack/years.

Lung cancer isn't a good way to go.
I mean actually ingesting and not exhaling the smoke, agree it's not pleasant but when you're desperate and looking for an out that doesn't directly implicate taking your life...if you fine people have better ideas I'm all ears!

Last edited:
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/giving-self-a-terminal-illness.17007/

A previous posting of the question you're asking.

Reactions: Yomyom and voltage268
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

While various terminal illnesses are certainly significantly prevalent in society at a statistical level, the odds of any one person contracting one in their lifetime are still pretty slim. Even with ways of exacerbating the process, such as smoking, it's still a very lengthy process with no guarantee of 'success'. The process could be so lengthy that you might even die of old age or other 'natural' causes before you develop a terminal illness!

If you wanted a method that didn't look like suicide, for the sake of your family, you might be better off exploring various types of misadventure. Just be sure you don't endanger anyone else during this though.

Reactions: Soul, Yomyom and laserfocus111
L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Trying your best to contract cancer is not exactly a foolproof, pain free and reliable method to go. I've interacted with many people with different kinds of cancer in my career and I'd say it just sucks having to live with it. It doesn't just make you ctb like an off switch. It slowly eats away various aspects of your life before you're reduced to a shell of your former self. This process is usually drawn out over months and years. Just consider it a small blessing that you're in relatively good health for now.

Imagine suffering from complications of cancer on top of your preexisting urge to ctb. That's adding on unnecessary suffering.

Autumnal's suggestion of looking for opportunities for misadventure sounds more realistic.

Last edited:
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I have no suggestions, but I do know that I've been hoping for a terminal illness. The thing is, once I have one, I won't feel the need to wait for that to kill me. I've learned that suicide while terminally ill is seen much differently. My cousin's father killed himself after being diagnosed with Huntington's and everyone understood, even though it wasn't severe yet. The fact that he killed himself was rarely addressed. It was like he never did. No one was angry with him. I've had two very cancerous looking moles for years and never get them checked out, as I've been hoping it would lead to cancer some day and by the time it's realized, will be too late. There's even been a lump right underneath one for years now. I have a lot of random symptoms that could suggest it may have already spread if I already do have cancer. Especially stomach, like chronic bloating, that never goes away, pain and nausea and bladder problems for years that is getting worse, even blood in my urine occasionally. My mom died from cancer and I think that would make people understand my decision even more. But who knows, may have nothing at all.

• Love
Reactions: Soul and voltage268
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
Trying your best to contract cancer is not exactly a foolproof, pain free and reliable method to go. I've interacted with many people with different kinds of cancer in my career and I'd say it just sucks having to live with it. It doesn't just make you ctb like an off switch. It slowly eats away various aspects of your life before you're reduced to a shell of your former self. This process is usually drawn out over months and years. Just consider it a small blessing that you're in relatively good health for now.

Imagine suffering from complications of cancer on top of your preexisting urge to ctb. That's adding on unnecessary suffering.

Autumnal's suggestion of looking for opportunities for misadventure sounds more realistic.

I appreciate your point and I would never take something like cancer lightly at all, if that's even possible or that anyone ever has, having severe clinical depression with various physical symptoms had already eaten any semblance of life I was ever supposed to have, I'm already a shell man, and have been to A&E more than once with episodes of out of control pain that morphine didn't help. I'm fully prepared for what it could be, that's how fucked up severe mental illness is, it makes you hope to get one of the major things most average people fear getting in life.

Just want to assure you I would never take lightly the debilitating and humiliating nature of cancer, or anyone who is suffering with it, I'm just a desperate person. Fuck me if my younger self knew what things I'd be typing on an internet forum in the future... Thanks anyway for working to mitigate the suffering of those who have it, I agree with you to a good extent, if there were any other methods I'm completely open, I just can't hurt my family with a direct method and a misadventure like falling off a cliff or something would alert them as they already know about my mental illness.

Reactions: laserfocus111
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Unfortunately I live with my parents so hiding severe benders would be hard lol but appreciate the suggestion. A close family member has acid reflux and now I'm worried for her... One good thing about the UK is our NHS so I'm sorry you have to have those circumstances, half my family live in the US and I grew up always wanting to live there, grass is not always greener I guess.

the national heroin service is complete shit and unfit for purpose, currently 1/3 of its entire budget is spent on court settlesments for negligence, they murdered my friends grandad with wrong meds, they did fuck all for me apart from yr long waits for appointments so i had to go private, they stuck my neighbours dying wife basically in a side cleaning room because "shes living longer than we expected" i could go on.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
The illness I have goes slow and feels dreadful, but it means people understand why I'm going to kill myself. I know that's a blessing.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sunset764, laserfocus111, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
V

voltage268

May 19, 2019

Thanks for sharing, did you have a compromised immune system which lead to accidentally breathing in something?

It says 'life-threatening complications might occur if the person has gone too long without treatment', have you been tempted to forgo treatment to increase the likelihood of dying?

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
No immune-system problems, but I had recurring bouts of aspiration pneumonia that went undiagnosed until a bout that nearly killed me. I didn't have an advance directive at the time but I've corrected that error and will refuse treatment if it gets acute again.

V

voltage268

May 19, 2019
No immune-system problems, but I had recurring bouts of aspiration pneumonia that went undiagnosed until a bout that nearly killed me. I didn't have an advance directive at the time but I've corrected that error and will refuse treatment if it gets acute again.
Cool thanks; how often do the possibly lethal bouts occur, and did you share the idea of aspiration pneumonia as a suggestion? Like in the idea I gave above about inhaling smoke from burning small amounts of paper to try and screw up the lungs, aspiration pneumonia could result from someone intentionally stifling coughing (as coughing is the lungs trying to expunge any harmful particles)?

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Cool thanks; how often do the possibly lethal bouts occur, and did you share the idea of aspiration pneumonia as a suggestion? Like in the idea I gave above about inhaling smoke from burning small amounts of paper to try and screw up the lungs, aspiration pneumonia could result from someone intentionally stifling coughing (as coughing is the lungs trying to expunge any harmful particles)?

I don't know if it would be possible to deliberately induce aspiration pneumonia. I think it would take more than suppressing coughs; more like repeatedly inhaling peas or something of that ilk. Please don't take it as a suggestion, though; it was just an example of something noncancerous that can cause bad lung damage.

Please be careful.

RileyTanaka

RileyTanaka

ill / failure
Mar 20, 2020
This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on SS.

Reactions: AcornUnderground
L

Living4MyBeagle

Nov 11, 2019

I have aspiration pneumonia also. A couple of years ago I aspirated in my sleep. My Mom found me unresponsive. They didn't think I'd live. I ended up living but was intubated in the ICU for a month and had a traumatic brain injury because she found me right before I died. I was like damn that would have been a perfect way to go. In my sleep.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764, Soul and voltage268
L

laserfocus111

Student
Feb 11, 2020
Aspiration pneumonia typically happens in people with impaired swallowing mechanisms for whatever reason (stroke /impaired consciousness etc) . I wouldn't count on it as a method.

Reactions: Soul, voltage268 and autumnal
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
If I were diagnosed with a terminal illness I would kiss the ground in gratitude...

Reactions: Sunset764, Meena and voltage268