speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020
Hello,
I am beginning to think about my ctb plans. I dont want to ctb at home for fear of intervention. I have anxiety so choosing a place where I can relax and be at peace will be difficult, but more than that.... to my dying breath....I don't want to be rude
In your opinions, what is the most considerate place to ctb? Where will the discovery be the least distressing and intrusive? Is renting an Airbnb and ctb on the patio a crappy thing to do?

also, what are the most important loose ends to tie up before taking your trip? Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Bct, Starflow11 and mx5nb3
mx5nb3

mx5nb3

"The opposite of depression is vitality"-A.S. Tedx
Jun 10, 2020
I would reccomend renting a hotel room and locking yourself in the bathroom. Bring pillows, blankets to place around/underneath you to ease the cleaning process. Leave a note taped to the outside of the bathroom door to notify housekeeping to call police and/or ems.

Reactions: speck, ActualLesbian, RileyTanaka and 5 others
Theresa Riot

Theresa Riot

Apr 5, 2020
Definitely go to a hotel, unless you plan to go into the wilderness and never be found at all. I've worked in hotels for years, and I can tell you that as long as you're quiet and keep to yourself, staff won't bother you until it's time to check out. My only suggestion would be to NOT leave note on the outer door in the hallway. The night auditor might see it on their rounds and call emergency services. Instead, shut yourself in the bathroom and leave the note on the bathroom door.

Hotels have rules about these things, and whoever sees the note the next day will immediately call emergency services and they will take things from there.

As for loose ends, I guess make sure your family members know what to do with your body once it's released to them, if that's important to you. As for like a will or whatnot, I don't know. I don't have anything to leave to anyone, so ‍*shrug.*

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: speck, ActualLesbian, Bct and 3 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Dear speck, may I ask u what Method u planning for CTB. ??

Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
It's more considerate to do it at hotel instead of Airbnb, since the owner/staff of the Airbnb-ed building may not be trained to handle suicide, thus more prone to be traumatized.

Definitely go to a hotel, unless you plan to go into the wilderness and never be found at all. I've worked in hotels for years, and I can tell you that as long as you're quiet and keep to yourself, staff won't bother you until it's time to check out. My only suggestion would be to NOT leave note on the outer door in the hallway. The night auditor might see it on their rounds and call emergency services. Instead, shut yourself in the bathroom and leave the note on the bathroom door.

Hotels have rules about these things, and whoever sees the note the next day will immediately call emergency services and they will take things from there.

As for loose ends, I guess make sure your family members know what to do with your body once it's released to them, if that's important to you. As for like a will or whatnot, I don't know. I don't have anything to leave to anyone, so ‍*shrug.*

Thanks for sharing this information! Hopefully I'm able to afford myself to CTB at hotel since currently I'm broke.

Reactions: Theresa Riot and ActualLesbian
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I'm doing a hanging from a metal railing above the center of a small arch bridge, which is gonna place me right in the middle of the bridge, but hey the body shouldn't look to bad or anything so I'm still a good person.

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
I had a similar thread a while ago and got some very great tips, I'm sure you can find it looking on my profile. I will most likely be doing it at a hotel or better yet, a holiday park with bungalows. I'm not sure anyone has looked into something like that since it's naturally much more expensive than a room, but off-season, they're not that expensive really. I thought it could be nice for the increased privacy of a reasonably secluded little cottage, not having to lock myself in a small bathroom but being able to tape the note to the front door and go out lying comfortably on a bed or sofa with views of a forest at night.

Reactions: speck and ActualLesbian
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I'm doing it at home because I don't care about my awful family but I will be doing it in the bathroom in my bathtub since it will be easier to clean up for the police.

• Hugs
Reactions: Theresa Riot and Philosykos
speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020

Smart advice all around. Thank you!
I had a similar thread a while ago and got some very great tips, I'm sure you can find it looking on my profile. I will most likely be doing it at a hotel or better yet, a holiday park with bungalows. I'm not sure anyone has looked into something like that since it's naturally much more expensive than a room, but off-season, they're not that expensive really. I thought it could be nice for the increased privacy of a reasonably secluded little cottage, not having to lock myself in a small bathroom but being able to tape the note to the front door and go out lying comfortably on a bed or sofa with views of a forest at night.

That's what I was considering as well- something a little more peaceful than a regular hotel. Thanks for your reply!
It's more considerate to do it at hotel instead of Airbnb, since the owner/staff of the Airbnb-ed building may not be trained to handle suicide, thus more prone to be traumatized.

Thanks for sharing this information! Hopefully I'm able to afford myself to CTB at hotel since currently I'm broke.

Thank you, that's what I was thinking too- Hotel employees/Resort employees might have had at least one "if you see a dead person" tip in their training.
Dear speck, may I ask u what Method u planning for CTB. ??
I've been hoping to procure and use N for many years now. I am too afraid of other methods. N sounds right for me- I want to be at peace!

Last edited: