renrone

renrone

lover of all things cute : they / them
Sep 24, 2023
I'm not sure if therapy is right for me. I've had many therapists in the past, and every time I felt stuck, I couldn't tell them what I actually needed help with or I risked hospitalisation or getting my younger sister taken from our home. I feel like I've been failed so many times, but I'm willing to at least try it again now that my situation has changed a bit. How should I go about it? What can I even tell them? Should I even bother?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Lostandlooking and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
It is up to you if whether you want to start getting therapy or not. If you feel its best for you, it is worth a shot.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and renrone
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
therapy is not a one-size-fits-all solution, which is how it is treated by most people nowadays.

it won't work for everyone. you can try it and see whether you can get something out of it now. but again, it's okay if it continues not to pan out.

you should try to work with a professional to see what may be helpful for you beyond just therapy. this isn't easy since therapy-pushing is at an all-time high, so if it doesn't work out how you'd like it to, enforce boundaries and move on to trying other forms of treatment.

best of luck.

Reactions: wannabeasuperhero, Praestat_Mori, アホペンギン and 1 other person
renrone

renrone

lover of all things cute : they / them
Sep 24, 2023
It is up to you if whether you want to start getting therapy or not. If you feel its best for you, it is worth a shot.
Thanks, I'm just weighing my options right now. There's relatively no repercussions if I play it right, I suppose.
you should try to work with a professional to see what may be helpful for you beyond just therapy. this isn't easy since therapy-pushing is at an all-time high, so if it doesn't work out how you'd like it to, enforce boundaries and move on to trying other forms of treatment.
That's true, I hadn't quite considered that. I'll definitely try to do that, it sounds much more useful I'd say. Thanks a lot!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pole and アホペンギン
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
therapists are a tool, not a solution. you still have to do the legwork they can only recommend to you. it isnt their personal fault the system is so rigged against the help some need

Reactions: renrone and Praestat_Mori