JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I had the worst panic attack of my life last night. I had wave panic attacks, so multiple panic attacks for two hours straight. My heart felt like a water balloon I was so sure it was gonna rip out of my chest or burst. The worst pain I have ever felt. I have never been so scared in my life. (Would love to hear about your worst panic attacks, Would help a tonne to relate.)

Anyways, In my appointment I told her I was serious about committing suicide. In my last thread I said I wouldn't mind being sent to a hospital, however I clearly have not been sent. This isn't deterring though because I was immediately put on antidepressants and have a cbt appointment (A therapy appointment), which is a great outcome. Thank you for reading and I would love to hear how therapy has gone or is going for you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, NoHorizon, DepressedChemMajor and 4 others
L

loopdaloop

-
Apr 16, 2023
Glad to hear that you weren't commited to a psychward, they tend to either not make any difference or worsen the situation by adding trauma. There are better options out there for rehabilitation (that are less in a hospital setting, and more like a communal space). Anyway, starts can be a little rocky but it's worth it. Maybe this post better suits the recovery section.

• Love
Reactions: JustABug, Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm glad that you were not sent to a psych ward immediately but you get a "ctb appointment" I hope you have teh chance to talk more about it in this appointment if that is your desire. may I ask what antidepressant they prescribed you?

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Song lad that you are getting the help and support that you need. Therapy can take a while and people do find it helpful - I am with a therapist at the moment and it si helping (though I am sure that snail will get there faster than me).

In terms of panic attacks, I have Complex PTSD and other stuff. Panic attacks for me can last for hours - but others don't realise that I am having a panic attack (not sure of that is because of the autism or cPTSD) - I will literally feel like there are a million elephants pounding my heart, be extremely nauseous, feel like my head is being constantly punched - but will remain functional with work etc. Hrounding techniques, mindfulness etc do help sometimes. At the other extreme, I just faint - which is great as I don't have to worry, but I noticed that I will only faint in what I would consider to be a safe place (my home) which is strange.

Good Luck with the therapy. I hope that they help with the panic attack

• Love
Reactions: JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I'm glad that you were not sent to a psych ward immediately but you get a "ctb appointment" I hope you have teh chance to talk more about it in this appointment if that is your desire. may I ask what antidepressant they prescribed you?
They have prescribed me Diazepam! Not very excited about it but better to start somewhere.
Glad to hear that you weren't commited to a psychward, they tend to either not make any difference or worsen the situation by adding trauma. There are better options out there for rehabilitation (that are less in a hospital setting, and more like a communal space). Anyway, starts can be a little rocky but it's worth it. Maybe this post better suits the recovery section.
Yes I did think to change it to that section! Thank you for reminding me!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori