erdbeeren

erdbeeren

Student
Oct 13, 2021
Sorry in advance if I get ramble-y.

I have no skills. Quite literally. My writing, both poetry and prose, is garbage. I have been drawing and trying to improve since before I even learned the alphabet, and it still looks like shit. The proportions are always off and look like a young child drew it. I've also tried 3d art which turn out horrible.

I am borderline retarded (which is a word I hate, but is the only way I can think to describe it). I say borderline because I'm at least somewhat self-aware. I can't even do basic things like hold a simple conversation or understand clear instructions. I can't look people in the eyes or maintain a friendship without either ghosting them or oversharing and talking ad nauseam about whatever my current obsession is. I don't know if it is my anxiety or another underlying cause for my being socially inept, but it is a constant issue none the less.

My grades in school were deplorable despite the fact that I actually tried to pay attention and make sure I understand the material. I had no friends or acquaintances and often sat my myself at lunch or any gathering like a pep rally. Sometimes I'd overhear teachers gossiping about me and my strange habits and awkward tendencies.

I cannot have a conversation with another person without either being outright ignored or ridiculed. Usually, I will think about saying something for a little while before building up the courage to actually say it. Then, I will be lectured on how I am wrong and an idiot to say something so dumb or heavily bombarded with attacks on my overall character. The same people who use me as the ass of their "jokes" are shocked when I choose to not keep to myself around them. And the main perpetrators of this are my family which makes it a little more painful.

I guess it's hard to deal with all this now, but my bus will come in just a few weeks. All these issues will hopefully overcome si and solve every problem at once.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, LastFlowers, TheHatedOne and 21 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Living can be very painful, as we cannot escape from ourselves. It can be dreadful living a miserable existence, I understand. It frustrates me that we were forced to exist and we have to deal with all the horrors of this life, I see it as being unfair. I see death as solving all my problems as well and it is what I look forward to the most. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, LoneMisery, 710 and 5 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I am sorry for you having to endure this, i can find myself in your text very well. I deal with this social thing as well, especially looking strangers into their eyes, it feels so distressing and the effort of not bursting out in tears is so taxing that I can't follow the conversation as a result. Trying to nonlonger fight these emotions might be a solution. I wish you all the best and that you find peace with wathever way you choose.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 710, IanUK, demuic and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I am borderline retarded (which is a word I hate, but is the only way I can think to describe it). I say borderline because I'm at least somewhat self-aware. I can't even do basic things like hold a simple conversation or understand clear instructions. I can't look people in the eyes or maintain a friendship without either ghosting them or oversharing and talking ad nauseam about whatever my current obsession is. I don't know if it is my anxiety or another underlying cause for my being socially inept, but it is a constant issue none the less.

My grades in school were deplorable despite the fact that I actually tried to pay attention and make sure I understand the material. I had no friends or acquaintances and often sat my myself at lunch or any gathering like a pep rally. Sometimes I'd overhear teachers gossiping about me and my strange habits and awkward tendencies.

I cannot have a conversation with another person without either being outright ignored or ridiculed. Usually, I will think about saying something for a little while before building up the courage to actually say it. Then, I will be lectured on how I am wrong and an idiot to say something so dumb or heavily bombarded with attacks on my overall character. The same people who use me as the ass of their "jokes" are shocked when I choose to not keep to myself around them. And the main perpetrators of this are my family which makes it a little more painful.
Textbook autism, no?

Reactions: lostautist, demuic and Snake of Eden
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm particularly sorry to hear how our education system failed you. I'm a former teacher, and in reading your story I hear so many missed opportunities for good teachers/schools to have helped you. (As @GenesAndEnvironment suggests, a diagnosis on the autism spectrum might have been part of that process.)

FWIW, I'm very impressed with how you articulate yourself and communicate your feelings/issues in writing. I think you're a very good writer. I don't know much else about you, but I am 100% positive you have skills. I don't know where you are in life, but I hope you find something. Good grades or not, you sound very intelligent. I would have been honored to have you in my class and to have the opportunity to guide you to your passion.

• Love
Reactions: FractalTears, 710, IanUK and 3 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Textbook autism, no?
Neuro divergence very likely.

OP, you dont have anything to feel bad about as a result of something you could control. Some of us are just not built for this world. You are not less than somebody just because they were fortunate enough to be born and raised with the right combination of circumstances that led to their success in life. It is just how the world works. Not your fault at all

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hollowman, Journeytoletgo, ncmxm and 5 others
I

IanUK

Mar 25, 2021
Sorry in advance if I get ramble-y.

I have no skills. Quite literally. My writing, both poetry and prose, is garbage. I have been drawing and trying to improve since before I even learned the alphabet, and it still looks like shit. The proportions are always off and look like a young child drew it. I've also tried 3d art which turn out horrible.

I guess it's hard to deal with all this now, but my bus will come in just a few weeks. All these issues will hopefully overcome si and solve every problem at once.
Yeah I'm with you. I simply have never understood why I was born. Even as a child I hated other kids just wanted to be alone. I've done ok but it's people. People ruin life if I could live in total isolation I would. I even thought of joining a monastery of silent monks but that would mean reconnecting with Catholicism and I spent years escaping it. I think you need to look at your life in the round based on your age, occupation, talents (everyone has something even you). I'm simply tired of life it's nothing mental. In entering older years and know the future will be worse than the past you really start to think. I've done all I've wanted to, life doesn't get any better and humanity just gets worse and worse. I cannot connect to 2022 and feel like a relic.

Reactions: Hollowman and erdbeeren
Sanva

Sanva

:/
Dec 10, 2021
I've been the same way all my life, it sucks. I wish people could be more understanding.

Reactions: FractalTears, erdbeeren and IanUK
I

IanUK

Mar 25, 2021
I've been the same way all my life, it sucks. I wish people could be more understanding.
People do understand at least on here we know because if we've ended up here we are the same

Reactions: Sanva
LoneMisery

LoneMisery

Student
Jan 23, 2022
Textbook autism, no?
Textbook autism? No its people are f****** rude and ignorant. I hate how people who think their s*** dont stink can make somebody so vulnerable feel like nothing.
Maybe i was raised different but if i was in a crowd and saw that happening i always step up.
If theres one thing i hate more than myself its rude ignorant people

• Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers