illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
Hi!! So recently have been seeing a doctor, something I've been putting off for a long time. My resting heart rate is very high, blood pressure is a bit low and I have pretty frequent nausea. I was on Effexor, (discontinued a few weeks ago) and also stopped my Strattera yesterday. Currently having a lot of withdrawal symptoms, does anyone have tips for dealing with SNRI discontinuation? I have tried taking Benadryl with no luck. Doc prescribed Propranolol for my heart but I haven't taken it yet as I'm afraid of most medications & highly sensitive to side effects.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Tälos and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I don't have any tips for how to stop taking those meds unfortunately, but do you know if taking them caused your high heart rate and low blood pressure, or was it something else? Hopefully quitting them will help you.

Tälos

Tälos

Jul 4, 2023
You shouldn't stop them all at once. Give it a few weeks in total, like 2 or 3 depending on your dosage. Reduce to half your dose and you should be fine and have no withdrawals.

Reactions: AriasRed
M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
Did you stop them under medical supervision? I'm not surprised you feel rotten! Give the propranolol a try, it might work. I take it too and it has worked wonders bringing my heart rate down.

Reactions: AriasRed
illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
I don't have any tips for how to stop taking those meds unfortunately, but do you know if taking them caused your high heart rate and low blood pressure, or was it something else? Hopefully quitting them will help you.
hi! the medications did not cause my tachycardia but did make it worse. my pulse went from 130-140 to 150s on a good day when the meds were introduced. low blood pressure I'm not too sure.
Did you stop them under medical supervision? I'm not surprised you feel rotten! Give the propranolol a try, it might work. I take it too and it has worked wonders bringing my heart rate down.
i did stop the Atomoxetine under medical supervision, the Effexor however I had to fight with my psych to even be given permission to taper & took myself off it anyway. I took half a dose of propranolol last night & felt myself fall asleep in real time, far too quickly almost as if I was entering sleep paralysis. it did reduce my heart rate to around 110 which is good for me but I think I will be talking to my doctor before I try taking it again.
You shouldn't stop them all at once. Give it a few weeks in total, like 2 or 3 depending on your dosage. Reduce to half your dose and you should be fine and have no withdrawals.
Due to the symptoms I was having I would much rather go through the withdrawals than take the meds. Thank you though, I hope this may be helpful to someone if not me. I'm simply looking for ways to make it suck less.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream