heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
Ok first of all, I don't live in the U.S

Second, in my country they usually require 2 yrs of college or of course, work experience.

I'm currently working as a call center agent for almost 2 months now. It's absolute hell for me but I thought I should stay here for a year so I can put it in my resume at least but god fuck I don't think I can survive another month. It's absolute hell. I don't want to AWOL. I'd honestly love to because I hate the bank I'm working for so I'm fine being banned from working for them ever again but I do need to properly resign because I'm sure I'll need my documents for the next job and IDK my next job can probably find out that I went AWOL for this one.

I'm not sure what job to take because before I even considered working in call center industry, I've checked out working for warehouse, and being a barista but they need experience. For barista there is actually a 2 yr college requirement so I couldn't get into it. I just want a job where I don't have to talk to anyone. I'm okay with talking with coworkers but I don't want talking as my Work.

I can't go back to college because I went AWOL and I'm afraid that even if I do come back, I'll just go AWOL again. No, therapy is not an option as I don't have the budget for it yet. Yes, I've tried freelancing because I used to work on art commissions but I don't have the motivation for it now.

I know there are chat supports and my friend actually worked as one before. They usually need 1-2 yrs of call center experience though.

I just don't know what to do. I can't kill myself so I have to live like a normal person but I don't know how! Can anyone recommend jobs for someone who hates talking? I'm just out of options and feel like I've researched everything.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
I found third shift jobs can isolate you from some of taxing encounters with people.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Military to get transferable skills and money for college/trade school afterwards.

Realistically, you need to figure out how to make at least $80k-$100k equivalent in your country. That's pretty much what you need to live a comfortable life, have your own place, and not struggle. No reason you can't get there by late 20s early 30s.

Call center work, even management won't afford you a comfortable, stable life.