illandlonely

illandlonely

just a little dumb
Sep 6, 2024
Another vent ik ik i got nothing else to add to this world so here it goes:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Been attending college for only 3 weeks now, fucking hate it. I don't hate the things I'm learning, I actually love it. (its a major in Art BTW) I hate the social setting. I have a huge reaction to social stimuli and cannot handle being around huge crowds. In addition to this, I have someone who loves to fuck with me at any given opportunity they can find.

On the first day, we had a small lecture about how important it is to socialize and make friends as they said "one day they'll be your co-workers/bosses" and during this lecture I looked around in the room when this was said. This guy made a joke saying: "I already have beef with you" while pointing directly at me. I laughed it off and after the lecture I made a joke to him about "taking the beef outside" (Keep in mind this is the first time I've spoken to them ever in my life) he immediately got mad and said: "it was just a joke" and from there the odd interactions happened.

I feel delusional about all this, like I'm suppose to be laughing with him but it really just feels like hes laughing at me. He'll continuously come to my desk to look at my work; he'd scoff, make some back handed compliment and leave. Sometimes he'll come up behind me, to scare me. Once when he did this I dropped my headphones in fear, he laughed so hard the whole studio stared at us in silence. Today, he actually picked up my sketchbook, looked through it, scoffed, picked up my pencils to look at them, placed them back, and left without saying a word.

Outwardly, he's an arrogant self proclaimed know it all that loves to correct the profs and other classmates when they speak. If someone asked someone else for help, well come along just to check if their doing everything right. (usually he claims they aren't when it seems like they are.) I've dealt with people like this before, but years and years ago in highschool. I didn't handle it well back then and I dont know how to go about it now. It seems he only treats me like this as i've seen him treat other classmates with respect. I'm, for some fucking reason, am the exception.

I don't know what to do about this guy, he's very sociable and talks to everyone he can find so if I actually address this to him in private or public this might be social suicide. Also, if its true that this guy can one day be my boss then I definitely do not want to upset him. If anything I want to please him or at least be friendly, I make a point to wave to him, say hi/bye, give him compliments on his outfits/keychains/posters/etc, and praise him for his work. I only started doing this when the frequency of his weird interactions with me increased, before then I was still friendly enough like an acquaintance. I literally cannot tell if this guy actually intents on hurting me or if its all a big joke that im too sensitive to take

I don't need him to like me, I just want him to leave me alone or at least, quit acting like im a joke or his stupid doll.

------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, thanks for attending my ted talk about what should be stupid highschool drama but is instead 20 something year olds going into debt for a dying industry and being bitter towards eachother about it...or something idfk

Reactions: LifeQuitter
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
I don't know what I'd do in this situation, maybe someone else could offer some advice?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Trans woman
Does your bully know you are a trans woman? You kinda left that out in your OP that you were a trans woman. Do you think that has anything to do with their bullying?