D

dozer

May 28, 2023
Just seeing who on here pays attention to the climate crisis and the end of human civilization that it will surely (eventually) cause.

While we don't know exactly when, we will eventually reach 2 degrees Celsius of post-industrial warming, and then 4 degrees and so on.

At some point, agriculture will become very difficult, food supply chains will break down, strong natural disasters will become more and more common, tipping points will be met, rightwing racist sentiment will rise as climate refugees move, etc.

Because of these and other factors, society will collapse. Will it be in five years? or fifty? Or more? Nobody knows.

In addition to already wanting to CTB in the next couple of years due to mental illness and other issues, I don't want to stick around and live in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm old, tired, and already hate existence as it is.

We hear a lot about preppers who try to stock up on stuff and prepare themselves to survive a doomsday scenario, but for me, prepping is securing a means to peacefully exit.

Just seeing if anyone else on this forum views the future in a similar manner.

Reactions: kitch, lostnfound and ipmanwc0
Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
I keep getting these car company ads that boast they'll be a carbon-neutral company by 2050. Technically true, I suppose, the company can't emit carbon once society has collapsed, most people have died, and the ones that are left do not have the technology to fuel, maintain, and drive cars. That ad is a fantastic metaphor for the insanity of our current civilization.

The environment is collapsing, the climate is collapsing, chemicals are everywhere, we are destroying our farmable land permanently, everything horrible is happening faster than expected, and everyone around me is planning for the future, popping out babies, and taking plane trips to Spain as though everything was just fine. I feel the same as you. As soon as the plumbing collapses, I'm out.

Reactions: Hollowman, lostnfound and dozer
D

Deleted member 65988

Eh, I don't really see a reason to stay around for any kind of future because so far, the current trajectory does not bode well at all for how things will look further down the line. Who knows when society will fully collapse, I already live in a country on the verge of that in some sense so I'd like to be outta here sooner rather than later.

But hey, humans love to be optimistic about the future no matter what so that's why they make plans for it.

Reactions: lostnfound
D

dozer

May 28, 2023
Eh, I don't really see a reason to stay around for any kind of future because so far, the current trajectory does not bode well at all for how things will look further down the line. Who knows when society will fully collapse, I already live in a country on the verge of that in some sense so I'd like to be outta here sooner rather than later.

But hey, humans love to be optimistic about the future no matter what so that's why they make plans for it.
Yes. Collapse will happen in different places at different pace.