• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Would you recommend long-term Cognitive Behavioural Therapy self-therapy? Free to leave comments.

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Short-Term Worked for Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long-Term Worked for Me

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
Curious about the efficacy of it. I've heard that long-term was effective in severe cases. Feel free to elaborate in the comments.

Reactions: zeecen
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I had CBT over a decade ago. It helped a lot with my PTSD. I had flashbacks every time I closed my eyes to go to sleep and when I did drift off, would wake up, sweating and heart racing a few seconds later. I still suffer the effects of PTSD but only if there's a specific trigger rather than all the time, and I don't really get flashbacks anymore - vivid memories, yes, but I can usually distinguish between time and place. HTH.

• Love
Reactions: AlexYaBoy
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
I couldn't do it because my mind is too chaotic to calm down enough to do the homework they give.

Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
I started receiving psychoeducation when I was very young so I've gone through trauma therapy, cbt, dbt, and pretty much everything else, usually multiple times.

By far CBT has been the most useful for me in my lifetime of mental health treatment. It taught me how to analyze myself which is rlly helpful when seeking other kinds of therapy and also communicating feelings to others. It's definitely not enough for a lot of people on it's own, but is most definitely effective when fully embraced and being taught by a competent professional. There's also tons of free CBT resources as well.

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
the problem with me and cbt was that none of the therapist's "arguments" felt new to me. i tend to overthink a lot, so i'd already been through the loop arguing with myself about the rationality behind my depression. nothing she said felt like a new, helpful avenue or train of thought for me in that sense.

HOWEVER i do know of two friends who have gained significant benefit from it. so i would suggest at least giving it a try. maybe i just had a bad therapist idk

T

Thia

recovering
Nov 24, 2023
my therapist flat-out told me after a few sessions that it's useless for me, but that's because I knew how to do it already somehow...

it can't hurt to try, I guess?