• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

m00nl1ght

Mar 26, 2020
This is what I got to buy over the last few weeks. The tent unfortunately has two non sealed sides but I have to work with it. I´d want to CBT at the beach or a lonely forest.

My plan was to use ducktape to seal all edges. Then put a thin plastic sheet on top, around the whole thing and again tape it with several layers. I'd set the two disposable grills on fire with a lighter. I won´t need anything else. Last time it caught fire immediately (look at the pics below). I´ll probably drink a bit of alcohol. Just wait until the charcoal turns gray and no flames are visible. Then put the charcoal into fresh aluminum bowls, fill two additional ones with ice cubes and enough water to keep the charcoal cool. Put them on top of each other. Bring everything into the tent and curl on the floor. Put in headphones and look at my CO meter until it hits 999ppm. Eventually drink the rest alcohol and go to sleep.

Do you think this could work? I'm scared of melting the whole tent. Last time I tried this method in my home I burned through the aluminum bowl, a thick plastic sheet, my carpet and into the floor. (As seen in the photos) I don't want risk that again. I don't have intention to try until I know a safe way to do it

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    839.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: medjooled11, pthnrdnojvsc, tr3sh and 1 other person
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Subbing in case a legit answer comes. I was thinking of the same thing, except bringing the tent somewhere outside.

M

m00nl1ght

Mar 26, 2020
Subbing in case a legit answer comes. I was thinking of the same thing, except bringing the tent somewhere outside.

Ah I didn´t mention I want to bring the whole thing outside...Want to die at the beach if possible or in a lonely forest

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would say to put the charcoal and the ppm meter in the tent, put the ppm meter near the entrance and check it, don't enter the tent until the meter says the ppm is high enough. If the ppm is low you're going to experience symptoms. Have you seen the chart in the CO megathread?

M

m00nl1ght

Mar 26, 2020
I would say to put the charcoal and the ppm meter in the tent, put the ppm meter near the entrance and check it, don't enter the tent until the meter says the ppm is high enough. If the ppm is low you're going to experience symptoms. Have you seen the chart in the CO megathread?

Yes I´ve seen it. But I don´t want to open the tent and let the gas out while entering. I don´t really care about any symptoms as long as it´s only a headache etc. Last time I just feel asleep with the burning grill even though there was thick smoke. No symptoms until I woke up hours later

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes I´ve seen it. But I don´t want to open the door and let the gas out while entering the tent. I don´t really care about any symptoms as long as it´s only a headache etc.

My thought is that some air will come in the tent when you enter, but the gas will build back up, giving you enough time to close the door and settle in without too many symptoms.

Reactions: I’mDone
joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
Then put the charcoal into fresh aluminum bowls, fill two additional ones with ice cubes and enough water to keep the charcoal cool.

Can you explain this bit? I don't understand about the water cooling and such

M

mr nobody

Apr 8, 2020
If you use water, it will flash to steam and fill the tent with hot steam.

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
The water is used in a pan under the grill or bucket with the hot coals in it. (Not on the coals) It cools them so it's not too hot in your space ie burn the floor like in the pictures .
If you don't know about the water and it's placement, you need to research more on this method.

joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
If you use water, it will flash to steam and fill the tent with hot steam.
Like a sauna??
The water is used in a pan under the grill or bucket with the hot coals in it. (Not on the coals) It cools them so it's not too hot in your space ie burn the floor like in the pictures .
If you don't know about the water and it's placement, you need to research more on this method.

Water underneath the pan? My physics brain is tingling, i'll have to research some more indeed

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
In the CO method using coals you do not put water ON the coals. This extinguishes them.
If you've read .. if using chimney starter the coals are transferred to a bucket or pan, that pan is either placed on bricks or in a pan of water or both to keep it from burning the surface it's on and the pan of water can cool the coals quicker. When the coals are gray ash they emit CO for several hours. That is when you use them in a tent or car.