• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

eclipsee99

eclipsee99

You’re a sky full of stars~
Nov 20, 2020
Okay so here's the deal.

I have been planning my CTB for quite some time now. I have everything I need, I have my date set, etc. There is just one last problem I am facing..

The issue is, I have no idea where to pitch my tent, light the bbq etc. I have always preferred the idea of doing it in my car. Only problem is the Catalytic Converter...

If I duct tape all the opening and airways like I'd do in the tent, would it still work? I can't risk another failed attempt...

awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Hey OP i do believe the steps you mentioned managing airflow in car were necessary.

It doesn't seem like it but all those air vents would be losing CO.

Are you planning on using 1 grill or 2?

Reactions: eclipsee99
L

LostInMyHead

Nov 27, 2020
Use a carbon monoxide detector to measure levels. I aborted an attempt and ended up in the hospital where they measured the CO in my blood. Levels were near fatal. I almost lost consciousness. I fired up my new emission friendly car in the garage. If I remember correctly the detector maxed out at a lower level than I needed so I estimated how long it would take to get there. Some days like today I wish I wouldn't have aborted. I think I started hallucinating. I was sitting in the drivers seat listening to music, I looked in the back seat, and saw loved ones who had died before me telling me to get out of the car. Weird shit. Anyway, if and when I do it again I will take a bunch of Xanax too. Sorry you are suffering and if you truly want to leave this world I hope it is easy and peaceful.

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Use a carbon monoxide detector to measure levels. I aborted an attempt and ended up in the hospital where they measured the CO in my blood. Levels were near fatal. I almost lost consciousness. I fired up my new emission friendly car in the garage. If I remember correctly the detector maxed out at a lower level than I needed so I estimated how long it would take to get there. Some days like today I wish I wouldn't have aborted. I think I started hallucinating. I was sitting in the drivers seat listening to music, I looked in the back seat, and saw loved ones who had died before me telling me to get out of the car. Weird shit. Anyway, if and when I do it again I will take a bunch of Xanax too. Sorry you are suffering and if you truly want to leave this world I hope it is easy and peaceful.
What did it feel like? I hear there's a lot of nausea, sometimes vomiting.

Reactions: eclipsee99
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
A 1000 ppm meter is priced reasonably. It would give a good idea to know for sure the levels are within fatal levels.

At 1000 ppm it may take an hour or a little more. A charcoal grill can emit around 3500 ppm. This should be fatal enough to cause death in about half an hour, at 3500 ppm.

eclipsee99

eclipsee99

You’re a sky full of stars~
Nov 20, 2020
Are you planning on using 1 grill or 2?
I was planning on using one bbq and a chimney starter. Got way too much charcoal briquettes but it don't matter too much.

Once the charcoals ready, it's going straight into a bucket and into the car. I'll be putting a container of water in the footwell of my car to stop the heat from damaging the car.
A 1000 ppm meter is priced reasonably. It would give a good idea to know for sure the levels are within fatal levels.

At 1000 ppm it may take an hour or a little more. A charcoal grill can emit around 3500 ppm. This should be fatal enough to cause death in about half an hour, at 3500 ppm.
I suppose that would be the best decision, thank you. I'll have to hunt one down before January.

Do you think it's wise doing it in my car, or would the tent be the better option?

And sorry for the late reply yikes

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I was planning on using one bbq and a chimney starter. Got way too much charcoal briquettes but it don't matter too much.

Once the charcoals ready, it's going straight into a bucket and into the car. I'll be putting a container of water in the footwell of my car to stop the heat from damaging the car.

I suppose that would be the best decision, thank you. I'll have to hunt one down before January.

Do you think it's wise doing it in my car, or would the tent be the better option?

And sorry for the late reply yikes
I would love to do it in my Jeep. I could, but I have a small cabin ready to go instead though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
CO can be reliable when done right. As far as a car, like @awfullife has a good point in preventing the CO from leaking out of the air vents, thus losing efficacy. I am no expert on the catalytic converter and what not, but I do think the tent might be a better option if the car seems too troublesome or unreliable.

Reactions: Spitfire