Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
What does everyone think of using liquid flex seal to paint over the tent for CO? Would this just result in too much heat and moisture getting trapped and the tent getting burned into or is it a decent idea?

I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
It's my understanding that flex seal, while not predisposed to flammability, will catch on fire at high temperatures/heat. I don't think it would be particularly helpful in keeping, anything really, from catching on fire.

Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
It might work for inert gas, but heat would probably be an issue as far as flammable materials. Making a sealed tent for gas would probably be more possible.

Reactions: lavender143once
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I doubt they would use that in their commercials.

• Yay!
Reactions: deafening and lavender143once
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't see any problem with it. A far cheaper material, though, would be to use "gutter sealant". You can get it is a gallon can, too.

C

cookies

Jul 2, 2023
It's my understanding that flex seal, while not predisposed to flammability, will catch on fire at high temperatures/heat. I don't think it would be particularly helpful in keeping, anything really, from catching on fire.
If waiting for the coals to become ashy, they shouldn't put off much heat. In this case, would the flex seal work without risk of fire?

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
If you can , do a run test without you in the tent. If it goes on fire , at least you won't be burn. If it works , you have the green light.