Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I wonder, if instead of ctb we could all throw in a few quid, buy a private island, hire a bus and catch it to a new Eutopia. I find so many members on these forums seem to be genuinely kind and humane. Imagine if we all lived together thousands of miles from what troubles us. Just a thought. We could have monkey butler's! And I will get Martin to start drawing up plans for a coconut radio system and if possible a coconut Nintendo system.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, avoid_slow_death, azucaramargo and 10 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I wish.
I know myself too well.
Within 36 hours, I will have alienated so many people.
It's the nature of my beast: Borderline Personality Disorder. PTSD.
A lovely idea, in theory. If I had been allowed to have a lobotomy, I would have been extremely useful.
Alas, that isn't an option. I am doomed to remember everything from the age of 2 onwards. How is this remotely humane? Especially when 11 and up is fraught with violent PTSD?
My utopia involves ending this life.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, NaNo210, TheDevilsAngel and 1 other person
Whynot32

Whynot32

Bought my ticket, ready for the ride.
Jan 13, 2020
My dream has always been "The Beach" minus the shark bites....

I do love Thailand!

• Love
Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, azucaramargo, thelastchicken and 2 others
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I wish.
I know myself too well.
A lovely idea, in theory. If I had been allowed to have a lobotomy, I would have been extremely useful.
Alas, that isn't an option. I am doomed to remember everything from the age of 2 onwards. How is this remotely humane? Especially when 11 and up is fraught with violent PTSD?
Yes I felt like a bit of Whimsey might be fun to post. Perhaps things might go better for you on the island than you think. Maybe it will be such a chilled out place none of that would matter any more. :-)

Incidentally, I also remember almost everything from the age of 2 onwards! I can't forget anything it seems! And also when I turned 11 things got really bad. Unfortunately for me, my memory isn't stored chronologically, it's stored by emotion or some kind of other stimulus. So if I see let's say an object my brain will retrieve a tidal wave of memories associated with it. That ends up meaning that I can get randomly flung back into a distressing memory that I had "forgotten". And I can totally agree! It's not humane at all! It's like my brain can't distinguish between important memories and trivial ones.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, azucaramargo, LegaliseIt! and 2 others
C

ctbUniquectb

Pariah
Jan 7, 2020
Isn't Epstein's abandoned? I bet its price is spoliated from ... The Incidences

Reactions: HadEnough1974 and TheDevilsAngel
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Isn't Epstein's abandoned? I bet its price is spoliated from ... The Incidences
Well if we all chip in a tenner we might be able to get it for a song. Then again, it might put a dampener on things, knowing what happened there. Actually let's just keep looking!

• Love
Reactions: Skyview and TheDevilsAngel
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'd consider it, especially if I am still able to CTB on my own terms and with dignity (painless, comfortably, and reliably).

@LegaliseIt! I feel the same way too. My Aspergers has cost me countless relationship with people and also a part of my social anxiety and social life. I never developed the social skills I should have when I was younger (adolescence and teenage years - formative years), and as a result, I am paying the heavy price as an young adult and still am to this day. There is no help for me and people just don't get it, which is also a strong reason of me wanting to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt! and TheDevilsAngel
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Sounds like a total and complete disaster in the making. Sign me up !!!

• Love
Reactions: jgm63, LegaliseIt!, Broken Chimera and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Sounds like Lord of the flies

Reactions: Cevapcici, a_strange_day and TheDevilsAngel
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Sounds like Lord of the flies
I see it as lord of the flies in reverse. The "real" world seems more like lord of the flies to me a lot of the time. This would be a safe haven :-) of course if it all turns into a disaster I'm sure we could probably get Donald Trump to nuke us without much effort. I'm pretty sure he would love to press that big red button. :-)

Reactions: NeverMatteredAnyway, charlottewilts and Mr2005
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I wish.
I know myself too well.
You haven't gotten rid of me yet. ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: LegaliseIt!
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
Sounds like a wonderful idea mate. I wish I could throw a big party irl with members. Or go on vacation with people who won't judge me because they share my feelings about life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Sounds like a wonderful idea mate. I wish I could throw a big party irl with members. Or go on vacation with people who won't judge me because they share my feelings about life.
That's kinda where my idea came from! :-) Sadly I doubt the vast majority of members will never meet. At least we have these forums :-) Perhaps we could all volunteer to colonize Mars? I've heard they are looking for the 'right people'.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Cevapcici
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I find your outburst of hope and optimism refreshing. Sure, put me down for 1 dollar.

I wonder what life would be like on the SS-island. Peaceful? All milk and honey? Singing kumbaya at sunset?

Or will one of us quickly turn into a tyrant and rule with an iron hand?
That's kinda where my idea came from! :-) Sadly I doubt the vast majority of members will never meet. At least we have these forums :-) Perhaps we could all volunteer to colonize Mars? I've heard they are looking for the 'right people'.

Right people = people who want to live a minumum of 15 more months which is aproximately what it takes to make a one way trip to the Red Planet. Any volunteers?

Last edited:
Reactions: charlottewilts, Flippy and Cevapcici
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I find your outburst of hope and optimism refreshing. Sure, put me down for 1 dollar.

I wonder what life would be like on the SS-island. Peaceful? All milk and honey? Singing kumbaya at sunset?

Or will one of us quickly turn into a tyrant and rule with an iron hand?

Right people = people who want to live a minumum of 15 more months which is aproximately what it takes to make a one way trip to the Red Planet. Any volunteers?
I certainly hope it would be all milk and honey :-) I think we would have to draw up some kind of constitution to prevent iron rule. Though I find it highly unlikely that most people on these forums would have the motivation to become a totalitarian dictator. I think ultimately we all just want to escape from misery. You contribution of 1 dollar will be greatly appreciated in the meantime! :-)

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo and Epsilon0
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I like that idea. But I feel like it'll end up like that south park episode when the police started killing people at a party thinking they were gonna commit mass suicide.

Reactions: azucaramargo, charlottewilts and Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Christ! You're right lol! You could see it coming I guess! 2+2 equals 13581321 and they level us all with machine guns to protect us! Actually on most days I could see the upside. Maybe not today though, frankly I still think the idea has legs lol! :-)

Reactions: Broken Chimera
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019

Make sure to have plenty of chairs spaced apart at the party. IRL, we're reportedly a non-social group. :tongue:

Reactions: azucaramargo, Flippy and Cevapcici
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
Make sure to have plenty of chairs spaced apart at the party. IRL, we're reportedly a non-social group. :tongue:
Mah....it depends I guess...I used to be a very social person before my downfall, and I still can be at times. I'd be comfortable partying with people who won't judge me :p

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
What we're all really trying to escape from is life itself. It's a fundamental truth that life is suffering. Religion and science, especially evolution acknowledges that.

Reactions: Shinbu
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
What we're all really trying to escape from is life itself. It's a fundamental truth that life is suffering. Religion and science, especially evolution acknowledges that.
True :-) I just thought the sun might make things a little better for a while :-)

Reactions: Cevapcici
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Oh crap. It's Suicidal Love Island. ITV picked it up but it was cancelled after the first episode.:blarg:

Reactions: azucaramargo, LegaliseIt!, Cevapcici and 1 other person
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Oh crap. It's Suicidal Love Island. ITV picked it up but it was cancelled after the first episode.:blarg:
You are certainly on form with the jokes today! :-)

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Cevapcici
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I love the sound of that!! The SS family is united!!

Reactions: azucaramargo
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
You are certainly on form with the jokes today! :-)
I'm eating a lot of pepperami. I think the sn in the meat is making me loopy. I'm also getting thread deja vu.

Reactions: Flippy
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Lol be careful! God knows what else goes into them! Anything that chases you demanding you "finish him off" has to be handled with care! (Hopes you remember the TV advert!)

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Lol be careful! God knows what else goes into them! Anything that chases you demanding you "finish him off" has to be handled with care! (Hopes you remember the TV advert!)
Thanks. I'll dream about that now. If I sleep.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Haha! Well sorry to spoil your sleep! Now that you mention it I will probably have some similarly themed night terrors too! But do keep the jokes coming it's cheered me up after a crap day! Any jokes about psychiatrists et al would be just the ticket! :-) Actually come to think of it that leads back to Fawlty Towers doesn't it!?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Well I have to turn in for the night to try and avoid dreaming of Ade Edmonson voiced meat products but maybe tomorrow.

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
Haha! Sorry about that! Hope you get a decent sleep! :-)
I found one Patient: "Doctor, my wife thinks I'm crazy because I like sausages." Psychiatrist: "Nonsense! I like sausages too." Patient: "Good, you should come and see my collection. I've got hundreds of them." continuing the meat based products theme! :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465