goblin99

goblin99

šŸ˜¢
Jan 12, 2024
I've been thinking about ways to start preparing for ctb'ing, and one thing I wanted to do was clean my room and car. I want to make sure I don't leave my spaces unclean for my housemates when I'm gone, and that anything I don't want found to be thrown away or donated prior to me leaving. It feels almost cathartic in a way to look through everything I have and decide whether it was okay to leave for other people to have to go through when I'm gone. I'm also thinking when it's my time I'll separate some of my things I think my housemates might want and put the rest in a bin for them to donate if I don't think they'd have a use for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: returntothevoid, Neverfeltdeader, Linda and 4 others
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Good call... There's always something about cleaning and putting away stuff that seems calming..
Specially when it comes to deciding what to keep or not.

Reactions: returntothevoid and goblin99
greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
I went through this exact experience before I tried to ctb a couple months ago, and I agree about it being cathartic. Especially going through my childhood bedroom was very weird - kinda therapeutic and nice but also obviously very sad and grim.

• Love
Reactions: goblin99
Zany

Zany

scaredy-cat
Jan 31, 2024
When people will go through your stuff, do you have in mind what you want to be done with specific items? Ik it's a a bit of a weird question, but i'd considered adding notes to some of my stuff when I start tidying up. Though i wonder whether anyone would really care, so it might not be worth it and it's kinda weird maybe. Or do you reckon you'd chuck most stuff away

goblin99

goblin99

šŸ˜¢
Jan 12, 2024
When people will go through your stuff, do you have in mind what you want to be done with specific items? Ik it's a a bit of a weird question, but i'd considered adding notes to some of my stuff when I start tidying up. Though i wonder whether anyone would really care, so it might not be worth it and it's kinda weird maybe. Or do you reckon you'd chuck most stuff away
I think I'll leave it open ended. I don't even know if they'll want anything I leave behind. I know I want to take care of giving some things away myself, like my pride flags, because if my dad flies down after I'm found I'm not sure I'd want him to see them. I definitely think I'll leave a note on my computer telling my housemate she can have it. idk about the rest of it. tbh the more I think about whether or not they'll actually want anything I own, the more it looks like junk to me. I might just load it all up in bins in my car for them to easily be able to drop them off at goodwill or something.
Especially going through my childhood bedroom was very weird
I'm really glad my childhood bedroom is halfway across the US from me. Though I wish my dad didn't have so many reminders of my existence in his house. Maybe he'll get rid of my remaining things there when I'm gone. idrc tbh

• Love
Reactions: greatgooglymoogly