sh1ttynerd

sh1ttynerd

nerd
Jul 29, 2024
I first did self harm when i was 12, dating my ex at the time.I don't like pointing fingers because we were practically both children, but that relationship gave me a depression that was heavy for me to carry, it was a lesbian relationship. They cheated on me and i still stayed, by that point i was already having sufficent anxiety about the problem and slowly grew dependant on my gf for emotional stability.

I used to cut, until i realized it would leave scars on my body, i didnt want scars, my parents would see. I didnt want my parents to see.

So i scratched, peeled skin, pulled hair, m_sturbated. Anything but leave scars.

I used to be 2 years free, until i did it again 4 months, and again 2 weeks ago, i only do it in high intense situations where it actually leaves scars, i barely tell anyone what goes through my mind, only my body knows at this point. I didnt have a blade with me at the time so i resorted to scratching, dont do this, the pain during the aftermath is much worse than with any blade. Anything that even grazes your skin is like fire, and it was like that for 2 days.

I made this post to see is anyone harms themself in a way that isnt just cutting, i also made this post because i want to stop resorting to self harm whenever i get super anxious or im on a breakdown. Hearing your story or hearing support is more than enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, NearlyIrrelevantCake, opheliaoveragain and 1 other person
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I haven't self-harmed in years.

My preferred method was just slamming my head into walls, trying to knock myself unconscious.

sh1ttynerd

sh1ttynerd

nerd
Jul 29, 2024
I haven't self-harmed in years.

My preferred method was just slamming my head into walls, trying to knock myself unconscious.
I feel like this totally counts as sh, but its actually really good to know you didnt do it in years, did something drastically improve in your life that made you stop doing it?

Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
I don't encourage sh, but some ways are putting your finger or fingers on a hot surface (or your hand in hot enough water for a few seconds, it could also be a leg). Also using a tight band pulled against your fingers will hurt quite a bit.