• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Has anyone else here bought the stuff on Chronicpainnomore's nitrogen method shopping list? I'm curious about the regulator he recommended. It's for argon, not nitrogen, and I'm wondering what setting I should set it to to equal a flow rate of 15 liters per minute?

Reactions: shattered dreams and Tiburcio
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Has anyone else here bought the stuff on Chronicpainnomore's nitrogen method shopping list? I'm curious about the regulator he recommended. It's for argon, not nitrogen, and I'm wondering what setting I should set it to to equal a flow rate of 15 liters per minute?

Hi. I purchased my regulator from maxdog brewing.com. Not cheap but already outfitted to attach the the tank without the use of a wrench. It came in a nice black box with tubing. Check out my avatar.

As far as using an argon regulator for nitrogen I have no idea. You might try calling a welding company and asking-tell them you want to get into jewelry making but you accidentally ordered an argon regulator. See what they say.

15 liters per minute is recommended by the PPH.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768, comfortablydumb and Tiburcio
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Hi. I purchased my regulator from maxdog brewing.com. Not cheap but already outfitted to attach the the tank without the use of a wrench. It came in a nice black box with tubing. Check out my avatar.

As far as using an argon regulator for nitrogen I have no idea. You might try calling a welding company and asking-tell them you want to get into jewelry making but you accidentally ordered an argon regulator. See what they say.

15 liters per minute is recommended by the PPH.

I saw the regulator and hose from maxdog, but it was like over $450 or something like that. The regulator in Chronicpainnomore's list is very cheap. But, I guess if I can't figure out the calculations, I'll have no choice but to buy the expensive one. I wanted to leave as much money as possible to my husband. We're very poor. :-( Without purchasing the regulator, I only have about $10,000 to leave him. I guess I could call a gas company, but I'm not a good liar and the thought makes me nervous. Thanks for the idea, though! In the meantime, if anyone else knows anything about argon to nitrogen calculations, please let me know.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
True... but then again, the one you purchased already has a hose that is guaranteed to fit the regulator.

I have a strange feeling I'm going to be forking out the cash.

Have you already made an exit bag? I haven't even bought any of the materials yet. I don't know why I keep putting it off. It's not like I'm going to have a choice to keep on living. I need to get everything before this site gets taken down. One of my biggest fears is this site going down, because I don't know where else on the internet I could talk about my suicide.

If I were you I would just fork out the cash; after all it's your death, and it's already stressful planning this rather technical method.

If you decide to not go with maxdog you will have to check out some YouTube videos from home beer brewing hobbysists who discuss connecting the regulator to the tank.

Exit bag easy to make. Instructions on YouTube.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Scared,

I just deleted my post wherein I mentioned my friend. Would you mind deleting your where you quote my friend? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted that publicly I appreciate it!

Last edited:
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Scared,

I just deleted my post wherein I mentioned my friend. Would you mind deleting your where you quote my friend? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have posted that publicly I appreciate it!

I deleted it. No problem.

I think I can make the exit bag. I've watched some videos, specifically Doing it with Chi ...and Doing it with Betty.

This is indeed a very technical method. I'm not very technically oriented ...and I really don't feel like I'm smart enough to use this method. I have no idea how to check that the tank is full with the pressure gauge or even how to turn it on or set the regulator. I wish I had experience with these things. All this stresses me out. But I need to figure it out so that I don't have to use my gun. I'm sure once I've got everything I can figure it out.

I'm so sorry for venting my worries here. I feel like I'm in panic mode because I'm going to die soon.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018

I think I can make the exit bag. I've watched some videos, specifically Doing it with Chi ...and Doing it with Betty.

This is indeed a very technical method. I'm not very technically oriented ...and I really don't feel like I'm smart enough to use this method. I have no idea how to check that the tank is full with the pressure gauge or even how to turn it on or set the regulator. I wish I had experience with these things. All this stresses me out. But I need to figure it out so that I don't have to use my gun. I'm sure once I've got everything I can figure it out.

I'm so sorry for venting my worries here. I feel like I'm in panic mode because I'm going to die soon.

You are smart enough. You need to take a deep breath and read the PPH over and over about this method.

For your own peace of mind I would spring for the maxdog regulator. It took about two weeks for it to arrive from AU.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
You are smart enough. You need to take a deep breath and read the PPH over and over about this method.

For your own peace of mind I would spring for the maxdog regulator. It took about two weeks for it to arrive from AU.

Thanks for talking to me. It gets pretty scary and lonely when you know you're about to die. Especially scary when you're worried about the technicalities of your method. It helps having someone talk to me about it. I'm thinking I've got a month or two left to live. I think I will go with the maxdog brewing regulator. I definitely need peace of mind that I'm doing it right, ...and I know it's got the 15 liters per minute setting and the hose is guaranteed to fit the regulator. That simplifies things. Ok...*deep breath*... thanks.

Reactions: lv-gras
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for talking to me. It gets pretty scary and lonely when you know you're about to die. Especially scary when you're worried about the technicalities of your method. It helps having someone talk to me about it. I'm thinking I've got a month or two left to live. I think I will go with the maxdog brewing regulator. I definitely need peace of mind that I'm doing it right, ...and I know it's got the 15 liters per minute setting and the hose is guaranteed to fit the regulator. That simplifies things. Ok...*deep breath*... thanks.

You got this!

My hard and fast deadline is Oct 1 so I'll be around if you want to talk.

Reactions: shattered dreams and ScaredOfLife
P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018

Good question. Maybe @chronicpainnomore can answer it?

@Aponia & Ataraxia may have answered it here.

However, the reviews are not encouraging:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01I67VKFW

Uncontrollable flow
ByAnita M. Yeslandon September 15, 2017

I returned this flow meter because the flow of argon was uncontrollable. Open the valve enough to get, say 15 CFH and the ball jumps up to 30 CFH or way lower than 15. It just shouldn't be hard to dial in the flow you want and have it stay there.

This one might be better:

https://www.amazon.com/Argon-Regulator-Welder-Welding-Flowmeter/dp/B072PTFVNL/

Last edited:
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Good question. Maybe @chronicpainnomore can answer it?

@Aponia & Ataraxia may have answered it here.

However, the reviews are not encouraging:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01I67VKFW

Uncontrollable flow
ByAnita M. Yeslandon September 15, 2017

I returned this flow meter because the flow of argon was uncontrollable. Open the valve enough to get, say 15 CFH and the ball jumps up to 30 CFH or way lower than 15. It just shouldn't be hard to dial in the flow you want and have it stay there.

This one might be better:

https://www.amazon.com/Argon-Regulator-Welder-Welding-Flowmeter/dp/B072PTFVNL/

Thanks. I've decided I'm just going to get the nitrogen regulator from maxdog brewing, even though it's over $450, so I can be sure it gets the job done. Plus, it comes with the hose already attached.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and Smilla
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Yeah, I saw that and now I'm wondering if I should go back to buying the cheaper regulator that I wanted earlier, the one from chronicpainnomore's shopping list. I do want to leave my husband as much money as possible after my death, since he'll have to pay for my cremation. It helps having that converter tool. So, 32 CFH should do the trick. Thanks.

A

azeton

Student
Jun 2, 2018
32 cfh is not the right number. Here is the problem. We need a flow meter, and nitrogen regulators do not have one. Therefore, we have to get an argon regulator since they have flow meters. 32 Cfh is the right number for Argon, but not nitrogen. Argon is 44% heavier than Argon, so we have to compensate for that. I am horrible at math, so I do not know if we need to set the flow meter 44% higher or 44% lower than 32 cfh. Hopefully, chronic pain no more or someone with better skills can help us.

Regarding the max dog regulator, do not buy it. That regulator is no better than $25 regulators on Amazon. He insanely overpriced it over 10 times what it was worth. I do not support anyone who takes advantage of people like us....absolutely disgusting. We can get the calculation easily and the hose can be bought at Home Depot or Lowes for $5.

1 LPM = 2,12 CFH - this is physical universal standart for ALL GAS (nitrogen, argon, oxygen, acetylen...other) flow units.

IMG 20180801 WA0005 IMG 20180801 WA0004 IMG 20180801 WA0003

Last edited:
Reactions: shattered dreams
P

Pony Slaystation

Jul 28, 2018
@azeton I don't see a way to use this device to "control" the flow? Doesn't it merely "indicate" the flow with the outlet flow meter? The reviews on some of these regulators say the same thing about the flow varying wildly, as indicated on the flow meter, when you open the valve. That tells me that what is needed is a "flow regulator" ("click style") rather than a "flow meter". Max Dog is a click-style flow regulator that is clicked in to a flow of 15 LBM by default.

M

miker2018

Aug 11, 2018
what size of tank is required to make sure i have enough nitrogen?

D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018

Check out Maxdog Brewing.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Check out Maxdog Brewing.

I had heard about them but I was hoping to not have to spend around $450 or so for a regulator. But, I may have to. Thanks.