antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
Does anyone here has chronic depression? How is it for you?

For me, who has chronic depression, in phases I'm suicidal and inactive as it can be, therapy is chronic bullshit to me.
I'm currently in the psych ward, again. Just visited a group where the therapist said "it will get better, you will feel normal again". I must say I dont even know what normal is like. Can't stand being myself and always misunderstood. How the hell am I supposed to live? A normal life? Work? Something I have never been able to do. I don't think there is anything that could help me. This whole therapy thing is to pass the time and the only thing that helps me a little is medication. Other than that I consider everything as bullshit. Fuck this life

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead, Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've suffered from clinical depression since age 7. Nothing helps to get rid of it.
Therapy is Bullshit and meds don't do much good either.
I'm currently going through another exhausting bout of depression, I just stay in bed all day either sleeping or staring at the walls .
I don't eat much, yet when I do food tastes like cardboard, I don't enjoy anything.
Having a normal life just impossible , I can't function like so - called normal people.
Depression and bipolar 1 have ruined my life, I don't even want to get better anymore.
I just want to die now.
I've suffered enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead, Cloud Busting, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
I've suffered from clinical depression since age 7. Nothing helps to get rid of it.
Therapy is Bullshit and meds don't do much good either.
I'm currently going through another exhausting bout of depression, I just stay in bed all day either sleeping or staring at the walls .
I don't eat much, yet when I do food tastes like cardboard, I don't enjoy anything.
Having a normal life just impossible , I can't function like so - called normal people.
Depression and bipolar 1 have ruined my life, I don't even want to get better anymore.
I just want to die now.
I've suffered enough.
I agree with you that meds don't do much good either. Maybe for a little while but then it comes back and is as hard as it was without the meds. It seems like the body just builds a tolerance. Doctors tell me that's impossible but I live it so they are full of shit. They say stuff like "it can be that the meds Don't work as good anymore because things came into your life that made it harder again" but nothing changed in my life. Doctors are constantly full of shit and even though I tell them it is different they still have their dumb point of view that is not based on evidence I offer as a person.
I fucking hate this shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead, WAITING TO DIE and Praestat_Mori
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
True.
I've tried everything from sertraline to venlafaxine and a few others , yet they either don't work, or only work for a while, or the side effects are intolerable.
Only one of them ever worked for me , and they only worked for a couple of months ( venlafaxine ).
Yet when I stopped taking them, the withdrawal effects were horrendous.
I no longer take meds , or bother going to the doctors or therapy anymore because nobody cares, and they are just there to make money out of other peoples suffering.
Fuck them all.

• Hugs
Reactions: hopeisdead and Cloud Busting
antilife

antilife

Student
Sep 11, 2023
True.
I've tried everything from sertraline to venlafaxine and a few others , yet they either don't work, or only work for a while, or the side effects are intolerable.
Only one of them ever worked for me , and they only worked for a couple of months ( venlafaxine ).
Yet when I stopped taking them, the withdrawal effects were horrendous.
I no longer take meds , or bother going to the doctors or therapy anymore because nobody cares, and they are just there to make money out of other peoples suffering.
Fuck them all.
I tried the same ones. Currently on venlafaxine. The worst thing is That without the meds I just cant survive. I cant take care of myself it's so bad its really fucked up. Literally notable to do anything it's not an overstatement. Now I'm at least not thinking about suicidw 24/7 and kind of able to do a little minimum of movement in a day. Dont know how im going to function when im gonna be at home again tho.
Can't wait till venlafaxine doesn't work anymore at all:))) fuck my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I tried the same ones. Currently on venlafaxine. The worst thing is That without the meds I just cant survive. I cant take care of myself it's so bad its really fucked up. Literally notable to do anything it's not an overstatement. Now I'm at least not thinking about suicidw 24/7 and kind of able to do a little minimum of movement in a day. Dont know how im going to function when im gonna be at home again tho.
Can't wait till venlafaxine doesn't work anymore at all:))) fuck my life.
I completely understand when you say it's not an overstatement that it's difficult to do things like taking care of yourself.
I've been stuck in my room for 99% of the time over the last few weeks. Just so physically and mentally exhausted through depression.
Fuck my life too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting and antilife
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Depression is like the golden child of mental illnesses. Theres so many ways to treat it, if I had depression I would buy off the dark web shrooms, ketamine or any of the drugs known to help it.

hopeisdead

hopeisdead

Into the void.
Aug 15, 2023
I feel the same way you all do. The past 10 months have been unbearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE