sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Does anyone despises Christmas or is it just me?

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
No, I don't. It is a nice holiday I was only allowed to celebrate once or twice. I am grateful for good things and not an edgelord about them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Buffy5120 and Ghost2211
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
yes and no. just before my 11th bday i "lost" my grandfather and ever since then holidays have sucked for me because i would always visit him during this time. so yes i hate holidays. however i love the decorations and the presents (wrapping, giving), i love the baking and the cooking.

so for me its a back and forth thing and having a personality disorder (that from my experience seems to double as a mood disorder) doesnt make it any easier at all. lol

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal and Ghost2211
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
I spend mine alone that's why I hate it. My parents always chose my sister than me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, botanormal, demuic and 4 others
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
I like most holidays I think other than valentines day, which I can't stand.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, LastFlowers, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
The name for the famous Usenet group alt.suicide.holidays or ASH owes its name to these holidays. For those who don't know it was earlier incarnation of SS.

Reactions: Sensei and sarahR
LooksAtMoonDog

LooksAtMoonDog

Too Long in the Wasteland
Nov 10, 2020
I don't really care about Xmas itself. But the ramping up of my country's already rampant consumerism surrounding Xmas is quite disgusting.

Reactions: Élégie, demuic, sufferingalways and 2 others
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
Yeah me neither

Yes some adverts now start in October it's too much!
Yeah it's nuts. My mom starts gearing up for holidays weirdly early, especially these last few years

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
What I like about most holidays is that people tend to be less busy and maybe bit more "quiet" (everyone stays inside etc.). So Christmas is just a couple of days where I feel like the world isn't moving as fast - I love that aspect.
And I really enjoy eating Raclette (which is our traditional dinner) once a year.
But listening to some relatives talk, hug them or being "forced" to give and receive presents sucks.

Reactions: sufferingalways, DocNo and LooksAtMoonDog
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Don't like Christmas, can get behind the seasonal sweets though. Ohh and the Christmas beer!

sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Yeah it's nuts. My mom starts gearing up for holidays weirdly early, especially these last few years
Some people start in September buying stuff.
Don't like Christmas, can get behind the seasonal sweets though. Ohh and the Christmas beer!
I like Christmas trees though. The only thing I like about Christmas. But spend it alone it's just sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: sufferingalways, Brick In The Wall and LooksAtMoonDog
PointlessStruggle

PointlessStruggle

Wretch
Oct 28, 2020
Some people start in September buying stuff.

I like Christmas trees though. The only thing I like about Christmas. But spend it alone it's just sad.
This year is gonna be my first Christmas alone I think, unless I can make it to my family celebration. Guess I'll get a taste of your Christmas experience soon

• Hugs
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, Sensei and Brick In The Wall
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Don't like it at all. I'm glad I don't have to wear those memories.

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, sarahR and sufferingalways
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I loved Christmas, I'd always travel to spend it with family. This will be the fifth Christmas I spend alone. Since I became unwell and lost the ability to travel any distance, I can no longer get to my sister's place, so I will spend it alone instead.
I like to think I'm used to it now, that's what I say but sometimes i forget.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LooksAtMoonDog, Good4Nothing and 4 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I like it, but that's because it is some thing I get to do for and with the kids. Christmas alone would just be another day to get wasted and watch TV, and maybe eat some yummy baked goods.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, LooksAtMoonDog, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This year is gonna be my first Christmas alone I think, unless I can make it to my family celebration. Guess I'll get a taste of your Christmas experience soon
Second one alone for me so I feel your pain :hug:

• Hugs
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
No ,you are not alone .I hate it too.
It reminds me of what I haven't got and what I can't have. This makes me feel very lonely and very sad.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, LooksAtMoonDog, Good4Nothing and 2 others
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I loved Christmas, I'd always travel to spend it with family. This will be the fifth Christmas I spend alone. Since I became unwell and lost the ability to travel any distance, I can no longer get to my sister's place, so I will spend it alone instead.
I like to think I'm used to it now, that's what I say but sometimes i forget.

We can message over the holidays here if you like? Health permitting my end (sleep etc). My buddy and I just treat like any other day. His parents passed (he's old. ;-). ) and I cut ties from mine), so I have no family stuff either. Hug x

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and LooksAtMoonDog
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I love the idea of gifting others but that's the only thing enjoyable about the holiday to me (the shopping is stressful). I don't despise it but I definitely don't look forward to it like I used to

• Love
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, botanormal and sarahR
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My world shattered during the Christmas party at work five years ago and yet I just can't help but still get the warm fuzzies any time a Christmas special comes on tv or I get to eat seasonal treats like peppermint or whatever...

• Hugs
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, botanormal and sarahR
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Don't like it at all. I'm glad I don't have to wear those memories.
I have a few faded away.
I love the idea of gifting others but that's the only thing enjoyable about the holiday to me (the shopping is stressful). I don't despise it but I definitely don't look forward to it like I used to
Yeah the magic def is gone. In America they decorate the houses and all the neighbours also. That I would love to see.

• Hugs
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog and botanormal
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I can't enjoy any holidays so they just bring me grief seeing everyone else get to be festive and spend time together while my ugly ass rots in my bedroom for the umpteenth time.

• Hugs
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog and botanormal
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm indifferent to holidays. I'm happy that I don't have to work, but that's about it. Had it not been for the fact that my closest family want to celebrate Christmas I would have skipped it.

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, botanormal, demuic and 2 others
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
I can't enjoy any holidays so they just bring me grief seeing everyone else get to be festive and spend time together while my ugly ass rots in my bedroom for the umpteenth time.
Same my own family leaves me alone and chooses my sisters house and just leaves me alone. For 2 years now. I'm becoming immune. Hopefully there's be a few people here on Xmas to talk to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, botanormal and LastFlowers
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Can't wait to hang the ornaments this year!

Thumb 1920 96142 Fe57b8250e6702057622ccb8d01356ef  halloween christmas tree black christmas 7c7 1
Yyjscjdh2vgfhgrxlpmi

• Wow
Reactions: FortunesFool, LooksAtMoonDog, Good4Nothing and 3 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Not really a fan of the forced feeling to it, feels like there's an expectation for everything to go perfectly and some people can get overly stressed about that. I still like it when it's more relaxed though, my mum loves Christmas and so I always celebrate it with her. I'm glad it can bring many people a lot of happiness.

• Hugs
Reactions: sarahR, LooksAtMoonDog and ecmnesia