feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
I want to go one of two ways and this is very similar to one of my ways. I've always pictured doing it by drowning rather than jumping, but honestly jumping isn't a bad idea either. From my experiences skydiving, when you jump you don't get that uncomfortable drop you get in your stomach like you get on a rollercoaster. I still feel like i'd be too scared to make the actual jump though.

When i think about it, i picture myself taking about a week or at least a few days by the ocean to enjoy it though. This allows for rain - i wouldn't want the peaceful views on my last day to be ruined by rain or even a cloudy day. Taking a whole week would give you some leeway to pick the perfect day.

I wish you peace if you do decide to go. If not, these buses run 24/7. You can always get a later one if you choose 💜

Reactions: 90starve
Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
I want to go one of two ways and this is very similar to one of my ways. I've always pictured doing it by drowning rather than jumping, but honestly jumping isn't a bad idea either. From my experiences skydiving, when you jump you don't get that uncomfortable drop you get in your stomach like you get on a rollercoaster. I still feel like i'd be too scared to make the actual jump though.

When i think about it, i picture myself taking about a week or at least a few days by the ocean to enjoy it though. This allows for rain - i wouldn't want the peaceful views on my last day to be ruined by rain or even a cloudy day. Taking a whole week would give you some leeway to pick the perfect day.

I wish you peace if you do decide to go. If not, these buses run 24/7. You can always get a later one if you choose 💜
I'm contemplating it as a last resort, but how do people have the balls to do it?

M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
I wish you peace, whatever you decide to do.

This is a documentary on Beachy Head from 2002 - the guy on the left survived, though he was confined to a wheelchair, but had he not called Samaritans from the phonebox by the cliff just before he jumped, they wouldn't have called the police and he would have died on the ledge of the cliff with his lungs punctured.

I know you're not going to tell anyone about your plans before you go ahead with them, I mentioned the thing about ledges just so you know what to avoid.

Last edited:
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I wish you don't forget about me before you leave and you can say goodbye to me and to many here who appreciate you.
You are one of the most valuable friendships I have made on this site and many here feel the same warmth with you that they would feel with a mother.

I wish you the best, I appreciate you a lot, too much

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Hey OP,

Your story and this thread stuck with me and I wondering are you still with us? It's getting close to the date.

Hope you're still safe.

C

cerealandmilk

Sep 9, 2023
I have decided to make my plans more concrete by booking a hotel near Beachy Head for the end of September. I won't disclose the precise date for privacy reasons as I don't want my attempt to be interfered with in any way.

This date means that I have plenty of time to arrange my affairs in advance. It also means that if my circumstances change in any way (or if my method changes), I can cancel the reservation without being charged.

I have booked 1 night and have decided I will enjoy my final night to the best of my abilities. I'm going to have a nice meal, stroll along the seafront and try to make the most of my last day.

While the prospect of jumping is terrifying, I am glad that I can at least enjoy a meal and don't have to fast like I would have if I still had SN. I can savour my favourite foods one final time and admire the beautiful views before I go.

There is a sense of finality in being prepared. It's all planned and booked now.

If anything changes, I will post an update. Otherwise I'll say my goodbyes in September.

I don't look forward to dying, but I do look forward to quiet that follows.
I'll go with you if you're looking to not do it alone lmk. I'm making the trip this month

strawb12

strawb12

Student
Mar 26, 2023
Good luck. It sounds like you've planned everything out that could happen. I'm sure with that with all the thought you've put into this you'll be successful.