A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I bought chloroform but it got stuck at the ups warehouse so I have to go pick it out soon.

I wasn't planning on ending things this way, but the situation has turned dire and I need to end things before I start suffering.

So, any advice?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry about whetever brought you to this, @almostnohopeleft. I'm not sure what kind of advice you're seeking, but if you make it clearer people here can help.

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I'm sorry about whetever brought you to this, @almostnohopeleft. I'm not sure what kind of advice you're seeking, but if you make it clearer people here can help.
Thanks. I guess just any advice on this method in particular. I don't have much time and I'm not sure what to do.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Ah. I was just googling it, and chloroform isn't generally available in many countries. Are you sure it's legal for you to go pick it up?

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
ye
Ah. I was just googling it, and chloroform isn't generally available in many countries. Are you sure it's legal for you to go pick it up?
yes, it's legal here. i legit ordered it online.

S

Super_Cat

Aug 18, 2020
Did you look into "sudden sniffers death"? This doesn't sound like a great method, it's not very fast and the damage done is permanent if you survive.

• Wow
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
This_sux ✓

This_sux ✓

Forever alone
Aug 6, 2020
Chloroform? That poison which damages your lungs forever? Uhm, good luck with that. Your lungs will pretty bad if you fail

• Wow
Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
The set-up described in one thread here on the forum - a laundry basket full of me + chloroform-soaked rags inside a garbage bag sealed shut with tape - sounds like overkill compared to what's described in medical reports and news articles. It doesn't work as fast as in the movies, but a whole hamper full of soaked rags seems outré.

An article:

An old but fascinating account:

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/chloroform.16617/post-315056

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I was thinking of drinking it? Enough to where it was fatal? And I'm not sure, but potentially taking a sleeping pill before and hopefully drinking it right when I'm about to fall asleep? Do you think that would work? @GoodPersonEffed @Soul @This_sux ✓ @Super_Cat

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I'd forgotten about this but when I was at school we caught a bird that was injured in the playground and took it to the Biology teacher. He just put it under a glass dome thing, poured chloroform on some cotton wool and stuck it in with the bird and gassed it.

Was weird seeing that. We thought he'd nurse it to health. He saw it off in 5 minutes.

• Aww..
Reactions: Soul
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I think you need to do an online search. I found a case study abstract of two men who used it in combination with plastic bags, they didn't drink it they inhaled it.

I get concerned when someone is in a hurry and relying on others to plan their suicide. There are a lot of physical problems to recover from with this method if rescued. I respectfully suggest you do your research and not do this impulsively.

• Love
Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
I was about to say the same thing, @almostnohopeleft. I'm just googling and am not any kind of expert on this method.

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I think you need to do an online search. I found a case study abstract of two men who used it in combination with plastic bags, they didn't drink it they inhaled it.

I get concerned when someone is in a hurry and relying on others to plan their suicide. There are a lot of physical problems to recover from with this method if rescued. I respectfully suggest you do your research and not do this impulsively.
Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your input. To be frank, I was not anticipating having to do this so quickly, and I really wish it wasn't the case. Which is why if I seem underprepared that is, in some ways, accurate. I had planned on inhaling, but figured it could get messy. There isn't much online, and I've researched a fair amount, but figured swallowing would, at some point, be lethal. Unfortunately this seems to be a somewhat obscure method, but it was really the only thing I could get my hands on.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think you will find swallowing any significant amount...challenging. I posted in that linked thread about chloroform and rags, so I won't bother repeating it.

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I think you will find swallowing any significant amount...challenging. I posted in that linked thread about chloroform and rags, so I won't bother repeating it.
Sorry, which thread are you referring to? I didn't see anything in the linked one.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/chloroform.44771/

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I'm not quite sure why you picked chloroform or what your situation is that requires so urgent an out. If you are looking to avert suffering, I suspect you will have significant difficulty drinking an adequate volume.

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I'm not quite sure why you picked chloroform or what your situation is that requires so urgent an out. If you are looking to avert suffering, I suspect you will have significant difficulty drinking an adequate volume.
why is that exactly?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your input. To be frank, I was not anticipating having to do this so quickly, and I really wish it wasn't the case. Which is why if I seem underprepared that is, in some ways, accurate. I had planned on inhaling, but figured it could get messy. There isn't much online, and I've researched a fair amount, but figured swallowing would, at some point, be lethal. Unfortunately this seems to be a somewhat obscure method, but it was really the only thing I could get my hands on.

I'll say up front that I recognize I'm not giving you an opportunity to save face here in the comment that follows. I'm direct, honest and no bullshit, and I don't do face-saving, especially when it seems like someone is heading for an honorable mention for a Darwin Award. I don't pussy foot about this kind of stuff. I'm speaking to you with equality and respect and a little toughness, like an alpha man talking to an alpha man, totally upfront, not playing, saying don't be a dumbass and seriously fuck yourself up.*

I don't see how you've researched a fair amount and are considering drinking it. I used duckduckgo on TOR and learned a lot, there is quite a lot of online information. The method was popular in the late 1800s to early 1900s. There are contemporary medical publications about chloroform suicides. Instructions aren't given, but there's enough information out there to know what the hazards are and to be able to figure out how to do it.

It seems to me like you're flying by the seat of your pants and the repercussions are way too great for that. I get that there's not info like there is for SN, there's no regimen with specific instructions. But there is definitely information out there to get informed and then ask educated questions. I could understand you researching and then asking specific questions to help you with testing it out and planning, but you seem to be at square one, and you could take some ridiculous advice and get really fucked up. Like that thread with the laundry basket -- if you read old and new accounts online of successful suicides, there's no need for that kind of overkill, and it probably won't be blissful like what was claimed. If you read accounts, or even warnings about handling the chemical, you'll know about burns. If you read about the effects, you'll know what physical repercussions there are if you fail, and you'll know the mechanisms of how it kills. Read how it was discovered, read about the dentist who tried to introduce it into dentistry -- these accounts will give you clues about how to test it, but also make you aware that it's risky to do so. Bottom line: get informed, this is serious. If you don't get what I'm saying and you're not going to take it to that level, that's cool, you don't have to, and I'll wish you good luck and step out of further discussions. It's your right to be uninformed and do whatever you choose to do, I won't judge, and I also won't keep participating and drive myself nuts over something I can't control.

I sincerely wish you the best. I hope you can see that. I don't think you're dumb. But I do think you're heading toward making some really ignorant moves and that's so unnecessary.

*Yes, I'm a woman, but I'm also alpha and I can hold my own with any man. Maybe you're female, I don't know, but even if you are, this is a man-up situation.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: This_sux ✓, Paralyzed boy and lonelyhouse
lonelyhouse

lonelyhouse

Jun 30, 2020
GoodPersonEffed coming in hot with the realest replies. God I love you. I learn so much from you. ❤

• Love
Reactions: Paralyzed boy and GoodPersonEffed
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You tell me, as you have researched it, presumably.

A

almostnohopeleft.

Aug 11, 2020
I'll say up front that I recognize I'm not giving you an opportunity to save face here in the comment that follows. I'm direct, honest and no bullshit, and I don't do face-saving, especially when it seems like someone is heading for an honorable mention for a Darwin Award. I don't pussy foot about this kind of stuff. I'm speaking to you with equality and respect and a little toughness, like an alpha man talking to an alpha man, totally upfront, not playing, saying don't be a dumbass and seriously fuck yourself up.*

I don't see how you've researched a fair amount and are considering drinking it. I used duckduckgo on TOR and learned a lot, there is quite a lot of online information. The method was popular in the late 1800s to early 1900s. There are contemporary medical publications about chloroform suicides. Instructions aren't given, but there's enough information out there to know what the hazards are and to be able to figure out how to do it.

It seems to me like you're flying by the seat of your pants and the repercussions are way too great for that. I get that there's not info like there is for SN, there's no regimen with specific instructions. But there is definitely information out there to get informed and then ask educated questions. I could understand you researching and then asking specific questions to help you with testing it out and planning, but you seem to be at square one, and you could take some ridiculous advice and get really fucked up. Like that thread with the laundry basket -- if you read old and new accounts online of successful suicides, there's no need for that kind of overkill, and it probably won't be blissful like what was claimed. If you read accounts, or even warnings about handling the chemical, you'll know about burns. If you read about the effects, you'll know what physical repercussions there are if you fail, and you'll know the mechanisms of how it kills. Read how it was discovered, read about the dentist who tried to introduce it into dentistry -- these accounts will give you clues about how to test it, but also make you aware that it's risky to do so. Bottom line: get informed, this is serious. If you don't get what I'm saying and you're not going to take it to that level, that's cool, you don't have to, and I'll wish you good luck and step out of further discussions. It's your right to be uninformed and do whatever you choose to do, I won't judge, and I also won't keep participating and drive myself nuts over something I can't control.

I sincerely wish you the best. I hope you can see that. I don't think you're dumb. But I do think you're heading toward making some really ignorant moves and that's so unnecessary.

*Yes, I'm a woman, but I'm also alpha and I can hold my own with any man. Maybe you're female, I don't know, but even if you are, this is a man-up situation.
In all honestly, I didn't expect it to be blissful. I just wanted something to end things, and figured enough would do that, no matter how painful.

God, I'm so caught. I was literally about to do it. I guess I figured enough would be lethal.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
What size bottle? I have a much different threshold for self harm than other posters. I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider whatever you are considering.

Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
In all honestly, I didn't expect it to be blissful. I just wanted something to end things, and figured enough would do that, no matter how painful.

God, I'm so caught. I was literally about to do it. I guess I figured enough would be lethal.

This is all stuff you needed to think about and ask about and research and discuss before you ordered the stuff.

Please put the bottle away somewhere safe and read all you can about it before deciding it's your way out.