• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
The song below is one I listened to a lot back when I was a 16 year old teenager, in the beginning the lyrics says translated.

Days turn in to years
Time keeps going forward
Slowly we start to forget
The life that was forever is no more.

Song: Burhan G Jeg I live

Life in childhood seemed to last forever when I was a child it felt like I would never become an adult the same as a teenager adulthood seemed so far away and life just seemed to be about enjoying it as much as possible, the years felt so long. it´s just like childhood was a world of it´s own like it´s own universe the same with teenage years kind of a NeverLand world (Peter Pan) where in those ages it feels like childhood is forever and as a teenager it feels like teenage years will last forever like it´s two completely different universes if that makes sense? You couldn´t comprehend how it would feel like to be anything other than a child or a teenager you could only imagine how but never truly understand.

- In childhood every day was heaven on Earth so I was excited for something every day I lived in the moment and as for my teenage years these exciting days spread further apart but I wouldn´t have to look much more than weeks or a month, as an adult I can look years months or years ahead and there won´t be any excitement (I am apathetic and have anhedonia so this is a huge factor too of course)

I think another important factor is all the hope there is as a child or teenage because the only thing between us and our dreams are time and in adulthood we will get what we our dreams desire because subjectively I can say I thought that adults could do anything so I imagined my shyness and other problems would disappear when becoming an adult. The difference between these two exciting and amazing worlds I think is where hope and prosperity is an important factor because I lack both of those in adulthood, as a child or teen it´s only time there is between us and our dreams and subjectively my physical and mental health was none existent compared to now. As children and teenager we had dreams for the future but couldn´t predict it, like I thought as an adult everything would magically come into place, as an adult I know it´s not going to happen it´s up to me to fix it but my mind and body is too broken to do it I am not strong enough for this world and it´s insane how much effort it would take even if I did have the strengths to go through with it.

Reactions: binturong, blanketyblk, HGL91 and 2 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
The song below is one I listened to a lot back when I was a 16 year old teenager, in the beginning the lyrics says translated.

Days turn in to years
Time keeps going forward
Slowly we start to forget
The life that was forever is no more.

Song: Burhan G Jeg I live

Life in childhood seemed to last forever when I was a child it felt like I would never become an adult the same as a teenager adulthood seemed so far away and life just seemed to be about enjoying it as much as possible, the years felt so long. it´s just like childhood was a world of it´s own like it´s own universe the same with teenage years kind of a NeverLand world (Peter Pan) where in those ages it feels like childhood is forever and as a teenager it feels like teenage years will last forever like it´s two completely different universes if that makes sense? You couldn´t comprehend how it would feel like to be anything other than a child or a teenager you could only imagine how but never truly understand.

- In childhood every day was heaven on Earth so I was excited for something every day I lived in the moment and as for my teenage years these exciting days spread further apart but I wouldn´t have to look much more than weeks or a month, as an adult I can look years months or years ahead and there won´t be any excitement (I am apathetic and have anhedonia so this is a huge factor too of course)

I think another important factor is all the hope there is as a child or teenage because the only thing between us and our dreams are time and in adulthood we will get what we our dreams desire because subjectively I can say I thought that adults could do anything so I imagined my shyness and other problems would disappear when becoming an adult. The difference between these two exciting and amazing worlds I think is where hope and prosperity is an important factor because I lack both of those in adulthood, as a child or teen it´s only time there is between us and our dreams and subjectively my physical and mental health was none existent compared to now. As children and teenager we had dreams for the future but couldn´t predict it, like I thought as an adult everything would magically come into place, as an adult I know it´s not going to happen it´s up to me to fix it but my mind and body is too broken to do it I am not strong enough for this world and it´s insane how much effort it would take even if I did have the strengths to go through with it.

Yup! You hit the nail on the head. I actually had
a good amount of hope until I was 25. Now all that hope and desire for life has gone out the window.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and blanketyblk
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
While I know your post is very deep and serious TheGoodGuy, it also made me smile. Because of the disillusion I would guess we all share here. I smiled specifically because of a memory your post brought back. I too though adults could do anything. I mean, the way they yelled at you for not being at the top of your game...they had to be awesome, and I just a loser, right? But I remember one conversation with a teacher in Jr. High. We were talking about a student in my class that was being a jerk to me. He made fun of me between classes, and got other people laughing at me out in the hall. I made some reference to something that eluded to how these sorts of things don't go on in adult life. I might have even said High School. I said it so matter of factly. She gave me this look and asked me to explain exactly what I was saying. I told her it was my understanding that, once adults, immature behavior no longer exists. She actually laughed in my face. It just goes to show the misconceptions we can have in our youth. Your childhood sounds a whole lot better than mine. But here we all are just the same. I too thought my youth would last forever. That the good things about it would never end. Now here I am, with nothing left inside me. Life has landed a rock solid punch square in my face, and I'm down. And for the first time in my life I don't feel strong enough to get back up again. A far cry from how I envisioned it as a kid.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy