possiblegoodbyes

possiblegoodbyes

Feb 17, 2021
suicide can "run in families" just like any genetic disease or disorder.
seriously, I'm worried that if I CTB, it would start a friggin trend of possibly immediate or extended family members or friends also CTB. For me, I've had suicidal ideation since my teens and half ass attempted/HOWLED for help a couple times in my late teens. Because I couldn't bring myself to do it, I was kind of jealous of people (none who I knew personally.... just hearing about them) who went all the way. BUT because I'm still alive, I would then see how it affected other people... and how it can turn into a domino effect. Like if you personally know someone, maybe the 'jealousy' that they CTB turns into 'if they can, I can'.
Ugh, I just don't want anyone I personally know and love to ever feel how I do and actually CTB. selfish of me to want to stop them because I feel the same way. I don't know why I feel like everyone is capable of saving themselves except me....? Well, this turned into a big word vomit. Hardly remember what I initially was trying to get off my chest. Gah.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, FuneralCry, Trench and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
suicide can "run in families" just like any genetic disease or disorder.
seriously, I'm worried that if I CTB, it would start a friggin trend of possibly immediate or extended family members or friends also CTB.
If suicide is a "genetic disease" then your family members might still ctb even if you don't. That's how "genetic diseases" work

• Yay!
Reactions: -Toplox- and nopointofliving
possiblegoodbyes

possiblegoodbyes

Feb 17, 2021
Not exactly what I meant but... touché LOL
If suicide is a "genetic disease" then your family members might still ctb even if you don't. That's how "genetic diseases" work
Not exactly what I meant but.... touché LOL

• Love
Reactions: motel rooms
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't know if it would be exactly a "genetic disease" but I think my dad might really lose his mind and also ctb if I do it!!!
I'm sooo worried!

• Hugs
Reactions: possiblegoodbyes
dying in a-minor

dying in a-minor

May 2, 2021
Most of my family members died mainly from cancer and mental ilnesses (CD, OCD etc.) run in my family so I doubt they'll ctb but they won't survive for so long after I'm gone.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I get what you mean. I know that a self inflicted death creates trauma to those left behind. I see it as not in my concern as I won't be here to see it. I think if all the stigma was taken away towards suicide and suffering people can get an accepted, peaceful death that the family knows is coming, then maybe this would ease the pain. I think because suicides have to be done in secrecy to avoid being sent to a psych ward, and people often have no choice but to do them at home, this is what is responsible for most of the trauma of those left behind. I agree that there is a higher chance of ctb for someone if a parental figure has done it, as they see them as a role model.

Reactions: possiblegoodbyes
possiblegoodbyes

possiblegoodbyes

Feb 17, 2021
I don't know if it would be exactly a "genetic disease" but I think my dad might really lose his mind and also ctb if I do it!!!
I'm sooo worried!
Exactly, That's what I meant! Not that suiciding literally is within our genetics. That it can lead to a domino effect of more peopling suiciding within our personal circles.
I get what you mean. I know that a self inflicted death creates trauma to those left behind. I see it as not in my concern as I won't be here to see it. I think if all the stigma was taken away towards suicide and suffering people can get an accepted, peaceful death that the family knows is coming, then maybe this would ease the pain. I think because suicides have to be done in secrecy to avoid being sent to a psych ward, and people often have no choice but to do them at home, this is what is responsible for most of the trauma of those left behind. I agree that there is a higher chance of ctb for someone if a parental figure has done it, as they see them as a role model.
Yes totally what I meant. Thank you for putting it into better words for me.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife