T

tamivi

Aug 5, 2022
I started playing chess few months ago and I think it saved my life. It gave me a meaning. It gave me something I care about. I wanted to get better, I wanted to make good moves.

Nothing in my life had meaning until I started playing chess. I found a meaning.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: vipatherappa, Seaghost, theboy and 8 others
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It may be that the narrow structure of chess allowed you a platform of certainty that became a solid foundation of stability from which order in your life could be regained.It may parallel how a crystal grows.

Reactions: Ethereal Knight
T

tamivi

Aug 5, 2022
Certainty is a big part of it, you are right. I feel safe on the chess-board. When I lose, it is because I made mistakes, not because someone decided to punish me. It is fair.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath and akana
nosurpries

nosurpries

Jul 3, 2022
chess has always been a huge part of my life actually. i used to go to local tournaments when i was a child, i was even president of my highschools chess club back when i attended haha. back when i had friends it was one of our main activities, playing chess (especially bughouse variation). i miss it a lot actually, playing online with strangers isn't the same as with friends you know. even today whenever there's a chess board in a cafe or some shop i'll play with who i'm with and even strangers have sometimes asked to play winner, it's only occasional but it's one of the little things that truly bring me joy. chess has always been a positive part of my life, it's great you could find comfort in the game aswell, cheers :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: vipatherappa, tamivi and Ethereal Knight
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Yeah, I get punished even for making good moves in life.
Chess is fun.

Reactions: tamivi and Ethereal Knight