• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deicius

Dec 1, 2023
Why do we keep setting goals, thinking they'll bring fulfillment, only to find our desires growing stronger? We often go back to square one, starting a new pursuit with hopes and dreams of reaching the summit. We're aware our minds play tricks, but we justify it to give our lives a sense of purpose. In reality, the ultimate goal is death, making our pursuits seem like excuses for significance. Despite the constant threat of death, we strive for achievements, even though they won't last forever, just like sand palaces on the beach.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
The default nature of the human experience is imitation and conformity with social constructs. When we remove ourselves as participants of this unwinnable game of Life and become observers of it is when we come to the realization that summarizes your line of reasoning and gain new awareness on the absurdity of it all in nihilism. And then we either remain participants/observers of this shitty game or we clock out by Suicide.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's a way to pass the time I suppose! There's the practical side of it too. Most people need to earn money in order to survive. So, then it's a case of- would you prefer to earn it via doing something you find fulfilment in- a career or, a wage slave job that you likely hate?

Experiencing fulfilment is a very personal thing though. We all vary. What I may take pride in, others will see as a total waste of time and energy and vice versa.

But- as creative people, my Dad once said to me- the day you stand back and say- I've basically nailed that. There's nothing there I could have done better is the day I'd give up. Part of our journey in anything- be it sport, science, art, cooking, teaching- whatever, is realising our faults and trying to work on them. The question is- is there a summit? Do you suppose the current olympic records will never be broken? How do you know when you've done your ultimate personal best?

The most important thing though is the desire to keep doing whatever it is. If you think death makes everything pointless, then, fair enough. I'm not going to argue. Not sure it will make you any happier in life though... Most people pursue passions because they bring them some kind of joy or fulfilment. It's all bittersweet of course because we are limited, because we fail and because eventually, we die anyway. But there we go- it's what we're stuck with I'm afraid.

I think Nihilism can be used as a tool in it's cynicism. A realisation of how this world is set up and more of a reluctance to be exploited. I think it can take the pressure off too. I used to feel such enormous pressure to be successful. Now, I don't think it matters at the end of the day.

Still- I think most of our most Nihilistic members here are the most unhappy. Seems to me like they simply can't invest their attention in anything much to distract them. All the time, it's the harsh meaninglessness of existence going round in their heads. I don't see how that helps them if they're stuck here for years. After all, CTB isn't easy.

Even if careers, hobbies, friendships, relationships are meaningless distractions- they are distractions at least! What reward do people get for realising everything is pointless and giving up? What benefit do they get? It's not to say they have control over it- I don't know but, if it's a choice, I wouldn't personally choose it. I don't need the world to agree with what things I find fulfilling. I just need enough people to like what I do to pay me enough to live on and I need the time and enough money to enjoy my own pointless distractions until I can CTB.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
The modern economic system sets people up to compete with each other. 100 people having the same goal, e.g. winning a prize, a job, only one will be successful and happy. Somehow in the process, the economy becomes larger, rich people become richer, most people feel better and okay, at least at first. People become more busy. The society needs more people to fill meaningless jobs. As the bubble grows larger, more people are disillusioned.