• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
Hello! I was planning on going through with all of this via charcoal burning in an enclosed space; only issue is that I want to make sure I don't mess it up, you know?

I was planning on using this tent, this skillet, and these briquettes. I was going to light the charcoal on the skillet and then bring it into the tent and wait. I understand that it is best to light the charcoal outside, then wait for the smoking to stop, and finally bring it into the enclosed space.
Are there any dangers that would cause this to not go as planned? I don't want to burn, or cause a forest fire/blow up my car, depending on the area I decide on. I also have heard that potentially briquettes aren't the best option? Is lump charcoal better? And are both able to be simply lit with a lighter, and stay smoldering and emitting CO until everything follows through? Would this charcoal work better?

Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: xxxbmw, eternalflame and keitaro
K

keitaro

uwu
Jul 10, 2022
you may have already read through this since you seem to have a good idea of what you're doing, but just in case it might be helpful, here is a megathread that talks about this method:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053/

it's good that you want to be so careful in your planning!

• Hugs
Reactions: eternalflame
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Hello! I was planning on going through with all of this via charcoal burning in an enclosed space; only issue is that I want to make sure I don't mess it up, you know?

I was planning on using this tent, this skillet, and these briquettes. I was going to light the charcoal on the skillet and then bring it into the tent and wait. I understand that it is best to light the charcoal outside, then wait for the smoking to stop, and finally bring it into the enclosed space.
Are there any dangers that would cause this to not go as planned? I don't want to burn, or cause a forest fire/blow up my car, depending on the area I decide on. I also have heard that potentially briquettes aren't the best option? Is lump charcoal better? And are both able to be simply lit with a lighter, and stay smoldering and emitting CO until everything follows through? Would this charcoal work better?

Thank you!
Invest in a good CO meter (one that goes up to 10000 ppm), do some trial runs, take CO measurements, and make sure that your method will produce CO of at least 10000 PPM. Anything less allows for suffering and increases the chance of failure.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: eternalflame and keitaro
molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
you may have already read through this since you seem to have a good idea of what you're doing, but just in case it might be helpful, here is a megathread that talks about this method:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053/

it's good that you want to be so careful in your planning!
My understanding from that thread is that I should, instead, get a portable grill to light the charcoal lumps, wait for them to turn grey and stop smoking, pour them in a metal bucket that is partially in cold water in a tray, put it in my sealed car (on a flame retardent surface, like a tarpaulin in the front seat?), and wait?

• Hugs
K

keitaro

uwu
Jul 10, 2022
My understanding from that thread is that I should, instead, get a portable grill to light the charcoal lumps, wait for them to turn grey and stop smoking, pour them in a metal bucket that is partially in cold water in a tray, put it in my sealed car (on a flame retardent surface, like a tarpaulin in the front seat?), and wait?
i am not familiar with the method, myself, so i can't help any further. but i'm glad you got more info from the megathread. hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply here to help you.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd forget about using a tarp and use fire brick, instead, on the floor of the car. Maybe even a double layer of the brick.

molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
I'd forget about using a tarp and use fire brick, instead, on the floor of the car. Maybe even a double layer of the brick.
Everything else seems sound, though, yeah? Just use fire brick, and not a tarp?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Uh, no, not really. The skillet is OK, I think. The tent sucks and the charcoals are not the best choice. I wouldn't set a bucket, or skillet, of hot coals on any tarp, even if it is fire retardant. Unless you don't mind being burned to death, I guess, or at least have the potential to be. And honestly, I wouldn't do any CO method without knowing how much CO I was producing. The only way to do that is with a good CO meter ($400). And you would have to do several practice runs to make sure you produce enough CO to get the job done, and not merely harm you irreparably. I have no idea if one skillet full of charcoal is enough to produce CO in the concentration that is needed to bring about a quick death. It may take three skillets full of coals for all I know. That's the purpose of the meter. You need to know that what you are doing is going to work, and once you find that it is, that you will be able to replicate it, and have confidence in, your method at the actual time you ctb.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
Uh, no, not really. The skillet is OK, I think. The tent sucks and the charcoals are not the best choice. I wouldn't set a bucket, or skillet, of hot coals on any tarp, even if it is fire retardant. Unless you don't mind being burned to death, I guess, or at least have the potential to be. And honestly, I wouldn't do any CO method without knowing how much CO I was producing. The only way to do that is with a good CO meter ($400). And you would have to do several practice runs to make sure you produce enough CO to get the job done, and not merely harm you irreparably. I have no idea if one skillet full of charcoal is enough to produce CO in the concentration that is needed to bring about a quick death. It may take three skillets full of coals for all I know. That's the purpose of the meter. You need to know that what you are doing is going to work, and once you find that it is, that you will be able to replicate it, and have confidence in, your method at the actual time you ctb.
Hm. I do not have the funds to buy a CO meter. Guess I'll look for another way? Can't really afford to fuck it up, either.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Hm. I do not have the funds to buy a CO meter. Guess I'll look for another way? Can't really afford to fuck it up, either.
Well, you can always just take a chance. If I didn't have the money for a meter and wanted to use CO, I would just go overboard. Why not just use 4 buckets of charcoal and not just one? That would be 4X the amount of CO produced, and if in a small area, like a small tent, sealed properly, should be more than sufficient to produce the copious amounts of CO needed for a quick ctb. Your chosen tent may work. How are you going to seal the ends? I'd still buy better charcoal though. I might get a couple bags of charcoal, enough for 5 buckets. I'd rather go more than not enough. In this case, overkill is better.

You need a tent that is fully encapsulated, like this: Regatta Malawi' Tent

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
Well, you can always just take a chance. If I didn't have the money for a meter and wanted to use CO, I would just go overboard. Why not just use 4 buckets of charcoal and not just one? That would be 4X the amount of CO produced, and if in a small area, like a small tent, sealed properly, should be more than sufficient to produce the copious amounts of CO needed for a quick ctb. Your chosen tent may work. How are you going to seal the ends? I'd still buy better charcoal though. I might get a couple bags of charcoal, enough for 5 buckets. I'd rather go more than not enough. In this case, overkill is better.
I was thinking of maybe my car, since a tent would be riskier fire-wise, and be harder to find a place for. My car has very little ventilation, so it wouldn't be hard to seal it. And by better charcoal, what do you mean? Do you not think that the Royal Oak lump charcoal I linked would work?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I was thinking of maybe my car, since a tent would be riskier fire-wise, and be harder to find a place for. My car has very little ventilation, so it wouldn't be hard to seal it. And by better charcoal, what do you mean? Do you not think that the Royal Oak lump charcoal I linked would work?
Your link doesn't come up Royal Oak lump charcoal. It comes up Kingsford Match Light. A car can work. I'm not so sure a tent is any more flammable than a car, though. You need to seal all around the doors, the vents, possibly behind the back seat leading to the trunk, maybe around the windows. How much sealing you have to do is directly proportional to how much CO your apparatus is producing. That's why I said overkill is better. Four buckets of red/white burning coal is more apt to overcome leakage than only one bucket. People have successfully ctb with a generator on their front seat, although the fumes are nasty from the combustion. I doubt success using a generator in only a few minutes. More time = more suffering. I'm all about quick and painless, at least as quick and painless as I can make it.

molassesmorasses

molassesmorasses

Human Ransom Note
Jul 15, 2022
Your link doesn't come up Royal Oak lump charcoal. It comes up Kingsford Match Light. A car can work. I'm not so sure a tent is any more flammable than a car, though. You need to seal all around the doors, the vents, possibly behind the back seat leading to the trunk, maybe around the windows. How much sealing you have to do is directly proportional to how much CO your apparatus is producing. That's why I said overkill is better. Four buckets of red/white burning coal is more apt to overcome leakage than only one bucket. People have successfully ctb with a generator on their front seat, although the fumes are nasty from the combustion. I doubt success using a generator in only a few minutes. More time = more suffering. I'm all about quick and painless, at least as quick and painless as I can make it.
Ah, I'm a bit stupid, didn't mean to link the wrong charcoal. This is what I meant to link. You reckon this in a grill, transferred to three or more buckets, would be feasible? You think I'd have to put the buckets in a little bit of water in a tray for heat absorption, or nah? And also on fire bricks, as mentioned? Also, perhaps a stupid question, and I do apologize for asking so much, but would lighting the charcoal in a chimney starter and waiting for it to stop smoking and then transfer to the buckets work, you think? I'm not quite certain if the role played by a grill and the role played by a chimney starter are interchangeable.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You reckon this in a grill, transferred to three or more buckets, would be feasible?
That would work.

You think I'd have to put the buckets in a little bit of water in a tray for heat absorption, or nah?
It can't hurt to err on the side of more safety.

And also on fire bricks, as mentioned?
That would be even safer

would lighting the charcoal in a chimney starter and waiting for it to stop smoking and then transfer to the buckets work, you think?
That's the way that is most efficient. Waiting for the coals to stop smoking is beneficial to you so that you don't have to breath all of the impurities that is the smoke. Ideally, the coals should be red/white hot and producing very little smoke when you transfer them into a bucket, or whatever you are using.

I'm not quite certain if the role played by a grill and the role played by a chimney starter are interchangeable.
A chimney starter is more efficient to get the coals to a high temperature and heating evenly

Have you read the Mega Thread guide on CO? I would suggest you do that.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
CO guide:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/charcoal-method-advice.94265/#post-1655792