huntermellow

huntermellow

another bpd death statistic
Aug 6, 2024
i'm planning on using the charcoal burning method in december. i found out about SN and wanted to switch to that but i genuinely don't know where to get it from online since i'm in the uk so if anyone could help me with that too it would be appreciated because that method sounds more preferable to me. my ideal way to die is to fall asleep in my bed holding my plushie listening to my voice memos of the only happy moments of my life. the reason i want to do it in december is because i know most, if not everyone in my uni flat/block/building will be going home during christmas so i would have the flat to myself for a week or so and won't hurt anyone (hopefully). i'm still really scared of the chance that the CO will affect other people still in the building but idk where else to do it. i saw a very detailed thread of doing it in a tent but i wouldn't know where to set the tent up or how i would even carry everything to the tent since i don't have a car to put things in. i'm planning on sealing every crevice of the window and door with weather stripping and covering the smoke detector. i also need to measure the size of the room to know how much charcoal i should use based on the room size but i'm not very good at math or science so idk if 1kg in a typical en-suite uni bedroom will be enough… i'm also worried the smoke will make it harder for me to fall asleep even if i use sleeping pills and it might somehow leak through the door and activate any smoke alarms or sprinklers in the corridor. i'm also really scared i'll just end up burning down my room or the furniture… there's so many things to be worried about because what if i end up doing all this just for it to not work and then i'm kicked out of uni and stuck in a psych ward. would anyone be able to give me any tips or suggestions to make sure i succeed without hurting anyone or getting caught?

D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
I think you really should try to figure out the tent thing or something like it. The risk of murder here seems unacceptable. What floor are you on?

Reactions: exitingtothevoid
huntermellow

huntermellow

Aug 6, 2024
i know that's what scares me the most. i haven't actually moved into the flat yet but i think i'll be on the 6th floor. it's just i've read about how some people who have used this method in east asia did it in hotel rooms and apartments and there weren't any other casualties in the ones i read so idk…

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think this is a REALLY bad idea. In addition to the risk of injuring or killing others who may still happen to be in the dorm, I'm sure there are CO detectors located in various places within the dorm that are going to detect the CO and alert others to its presence. When that happens you are bound to be discovered and, if not yet dead, will have to deal with the consequences of your actions. If you get interrupted before dying, there is the real potential for you to face catastrophic results, including severe neurological damage. It's not worth the risk to yourself or others. You need to find a better way.

huntermellow

huntermellow

Aug 6, 2024
is there anywhere else you'd suggest? i've read articles of people in east asia doing it in hotel rooms which would also have the risk of hurting other people so i thought if the people in those hotels weren't affected then it would be okay to do in my room… it would be so much easier if i had a car so i could do it in there or use it to go do it in a tent. the SN option is still what i'd prefer but it's hard to get

sameoldMantra

sameoldMantra

Aug 3, 2024
I would Buy sealant tube good amount Will completely seal the door

Bathroom normally are smaller so is better and have small Windows. You can put cardboard and use sealant too in the windows

huntermellow

huntermellow

Aug 6, 2024
I would Buy sealant tube good amount Will completely seal the door

Bathroom normally are smaller so is better and have small Windows. You can put cardboard and use sealant too in the windows
ahh so if i do it in the bathroom instead am i less likely to hurt other people?

sameoldMantra

sameoldMantra

Aug 3, 2024
It depends on how the apt is distributed but in general yes. But the main thing is to make the room as sealed as possible.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Imo the best way is using a tent bc this is the smallest space that can be filled with a maximum of CO with several kg of charcoal. Here's the Megathread and a guide. Did you checkout them?