Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
After spending some time forced into selfcare, I don't hate myself, but I'm not feeling..... idk.... I want to be different....

I like the way I am, I'm the comfy, natural kind of person. I have makeup etc, but if I wore it more than 5 times a year id be surprised. but I feel like I'm missing something. i just can't place it.

I tried dying my hair before black with purple streaks, but the purple streaks blended in with the black (it was my own fault, I was trying to make a non natural colour natural lol)

I'm going to get my hair cut, and I'm really looking at the butterfly cut (currently my hair touches my a$$ its so long lol)

But outside of this I'm at a total loss.

I really admire girls with really short cuts.
Have you ever "judged" someone, but you're not judging them, you're admiring them while judging yourself. "OMG I love your hair, I couldn't ever do that" while thinking to yourself, that you'd like to but you're just way to self-conscious (this isn't what I'm currently looking for, just an example mostly)

I'm looking for a "general" alternative look. I think Clawed Beauty 101 looks nice, but a bit more than what im looking for.

(ive got to get going, i might add more in the comments later)

small vent first

i was reading this "advice column" and someone mentioned her friend had changed her look and then lied about it. and the "advice" was that only vain people change themselves. HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!! the next time im having a panic attack because im worried i look like shit, ill remind myself it has nothing to do with the judgmental assholes that flood the world, im just a vain bitch.
maybe i shouldnt even have made this post....i want to change myself......so i can find myself....finding myself is vain i guess.....thats just horrible...what am i going to do!!???

it should be illegal for some people to speak :meh::meh::meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, CC123 and mango-meridian
AvaCutey

AvaCutey

Pragmatist
Oct 9, 2024
only vain people change themselves. HOLY FUCKING CHRIST!!!!
Talk about a reductive statement!

It sounds like you haven't updated your look in a while, but during that time, who you are has changed. Definitely go for it!
I changed out my wardrobe about 2 years ago, it felt great, like I was closing that chapter of my life. You shouldn't stop silly articles from working towards your goals.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death and CC123
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
It sounds like you haven't updated your look in a while
people have looked at baby (cant even walk) pics "oh, thats you" XD XD yeah no updates lol. but i dont mind overall
Definitely go for it!
id like to, like i said, i had to go, so i didnt have time to properly end my thread the way i wanted to lol.

i wanted to say that if anyone had thoughts or ideas it would be greatly appreciated. because like the title says, "where to start?"
🫂