• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I have recently been changing trazodone for mertazapine and I have noticed that, in the face of sound and visual stimuli, I have had a lightning effect on my head followed by a brief involuntary movement of the legs and arms of a few seconds. Somewhat distressing because it was followed by a long aspiration. I've had little priceless spasms forever, such as fingers that seem to shake, muscles that you see are making small contractions but none of them caused me any problems. But this does scare me because it is an almost total body shake. Yesterday I had 3, both in bed. One for loud sound and one for reading and watching YouTube videos. Has anyone suffered the same?

• Hugs
  • Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, Isisnefert and orlandom
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Got myoclonus whith Prozac

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, Isisnefert and bad luck
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
I have recently been changing trazodone for mertazapine and I have noticed that, in the face of sound and visual stimuli, I have had a lightning effect on my head followed by a brief involuntary movement of the legs and arms of a few seconds. Somewhat distressing because it was followed by a long aspiration. I've had little priceless spasms forever, such as fingers that seem to shake, muscles that you see are making small contractions but none of them caused me any problems. But this does scare me because it is an almost total body shake. Yesterday I had 3, both in bed. One for loud sound and one for reading and watching YouTube videos. Has anyone suffered the same?
Bro pick either antidepressants or alcohol. Or ignore me)

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and bad luck
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Sorry got it with Prozac, first two times it went away if I stopped it, but I was bent on taking it so I tried a could le of times more and there cane a day when the myoclonic jerks became semipermanent, lasted for many months, yes also with sound while starting to sleep, very violent and definitely got some permanent damage of my nervous system. A doctor told me to stop it and I did but the jerks just stayed, it's been two years and they are almost gone but my nervous system is fucked, I was also on prokinetics so the combo was deadly. My neurologist sent me Benadryl to stop them, check the side effect list, but with ADs some things are permanent, hope it's not the case for you be careful.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Isisnefert and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Bro pick either antidepressants or alcohol. Or ignore me)
It had never happened with other antidepressants. Even when mixed with alcohol

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert and orlandom
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
It had never happened with other antidepressants. Even when mixed with alcohol
I took Prozac for five years then stopped for six months cold turkey and this happened for the first time when I tried to reintroduce it, ADs are weird, are you on any new meds?? Check the drug interaction list since ADs interact with so many things.

• Aww..
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Sorry got it with Prozac, first two times it went away if I stopped it, but I was bent on taking it so I tried a could le of times more and there cane a day when the myoclonic jerks became semipermanent, lasted for many months, yes also with sound while starting to sleep, very violent and definitely got some permanent damage of my nervous system. A doctor told me to stop it and I did but the jerks just stayed, it's been two years and they are almost gone but my nervous system is fucked, I was also on prokinetics so the combo was deadly. My neurologist sent me Benadryl to stop them, check the side effect list, but with ADs some things are permanent, hope it's not the case for you be careful.
Thanks for the reply. I hope it's okay or better now. I was researching last night but didn't find anything about it. In fact, seizures with mirtazapine are not common but 2 days I take it and this happens.

• Aww..
Reactions: Isisnefert
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I hope it's okay or better now. I was researching last night but didn't find anything about it. In fact, seizures with mirtazapine are not common but 2 days I take it and this happens.
I think you should ask your doc just to be sure. Mine told me I must be careful now with ADs. So I'm just on benzos right now. My docs were stupid and said it would go away after a couple of weeks which it obviously didn't. I think trust your instincts.
All different docs by the way at different times of the whole thing.

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I think you should ask your doc just to be sure. Mine told me I must be careful now with ADs. So I'm just on benzos right now. My docs were stupid and said it would go away after a couple of weeks which it obviously didn't. I think trust your instincts.
All different docs by the way at different times of the whole thing.
Yes, I will do that. If today I suffer any more I tell the doctor and go back to the previous treatment

Reactions: Isisnefert
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Gracias por la respuesta. Espero que esté bien o mejor ahora. Estaba investigando anoche pero no encontré nada al respecto. De hecho, las convulsiones con mirtazapina no son comunes pero 2 días lo tomo y esto sucede.
I Don't know about this I have been taking mirtazapine for a year, sorry about this

Reactions: Fin and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Again, it's like my nerves overreact to noise, bumps, etc. It's like I'm hyper-reactive
Decided, I quit and continue with trazodone. I will notify the doctor although he will not see me for another month. Psychiatry is really about putting medications on or taking them off until the patient can tolerate a state of zombification without many adverse effects. But this is the last straw. Two days and I get this shit that's awkward. Also when it is visual. I guess it will hit some epilepsy neurons or something.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: mini_weeny and Isisnefert
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
When the drug was withdrawn, the myoclonus disappeared

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
When the drug was withdrawn, the myoclonus disappeared
I think you did good, can't be too careful with these meds. I got permanent oversensitivity too so, good call.

Reactions: bad luck
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Wellbutrin literally gave me myoclonus in my face that didn't go away for fifty days, and then when I was put on Gabapentin to try and control it the Gabapentin somehow cured my facial myoclonus but in exchange gave me full-body myoclonus and central nervous-system "vibrations" that persist to this day.

Myoclonus is a terrible thing to be afflicted with & I feel for you, OP.

• Aww..
Reactions: bad luck and mini_weeny
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Wellbutrin literally gave me myoclonus in my face that didn't go away for fifty days, and then when I was put on Gabapentin to try and control it the Gabapentin somehow cured my facial myoclonus but in exchange gave me full-body myoclonus and central nervous-system "vibrations" that persist to this day.

Yes so many meds can fuck up your nervous system for life, like anti emetics and pro kinetics.
Yes so many meds can fuck up your nervous system for life, like anti emetics and pro kinetics.

Sorry you got all messed up too with those meds, nervous system issues are def scary as hell.

Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Maybe the myoclonus is a result of you getting off the trazodone.

bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Maybe the myoclonus is a result of you getting off the trazodone.
I don't know, but don't stop trazadone. Just take half a tablet replacing it with mirtazapine. That is, I did not leave the tracer suddenly, I just replaced it little by little. The myoclonus disappeared 2 days later, although they were less intense. I think it was the medicine that upset my nerves.