• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
Have any of you had good experiences with therapy, out- or inpatient? Do you think everyone should try getting help before considering suicide?

Reactions: dano6533 and DF90
D

Deleted member 847

Are you FBI or somethin'?

Reactions: JSRF, dano6533, Samuel and 2 others
Gumby

Gumby

Student
Jun 10, 2018
Have any of you had good experiences with therapy, out- or inpatient? Do you think everyone should try getting help before considering suicide?

No, yes.

Reactions: dano6533 and ReleaseMe
Meena

Meena

Student
Jun 7, 2018
U should try all the options before considering suicide.

Reactions: dano6533, Samuel and ReleaseMe
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
I've had cbt twice before. It didn't help me. It's good for people with temporary issues which they can talk through with someone. For anyone with long-standing mental issues, it doesn't help. That's my opinion of it anyway. For other people it might be different.

Reactions: dano6533, Soon4me and ReleaseMe
DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I a

I am unable to do therapy because I shut down, but I know people on both sides. I know people who did therapy and it didn't work, but I also know people who are doing pretty good now thanks to it.

Reactions: dano6533, Soon4me and ReleaseMe
R

ReleaseMe

I know it's over And it never really began
May 26, 2018
I've also had my fair share of treatment, so far without success.

I might give it another try though. Looks like I won't stick to my ctb "deadline" (July 31th)

Reactions: dano6533
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I've had therapy before and I found the sessions to be pleasant but ultimately inconsequential to solving anything.

Reactions: Circles and dano6533
AnnihilatedAnna

AnnihilatedAnna

A Joke
Apr 17, 2018
I'm currently receiving systematical therapy and two other kinds I don't know the name of in English, for me it's to early to tell if it's working since I just went trough the whole diagnostic period, and just started it. I do think you should consider therapy or any other kind of help before suicide, that way you can at least say you have tried everything. Though I'm not sure if sticking around long enough to see if it helps works for all of us since we're all different.

Reactions: dano6533, AveryConure, Azure and 1 other person
icari

icari

Oct 24, 2023
I tried CBT once before about 5 years ago but gave up after 6 weeks as it seemed to be just "how to recognise when a thought is untrue", but I can already do that. The problem is that they come so thick and fast still anyway that no amount of rationalisation can remove them from my mind.

I just started another course and this time I am enjoying the sessions mostly because I find the therapist pleasant to talk to. I'm not however that convinced it is going to really help me. Also, due to my current severe suicidal thoughts they are considering pausing the therapy until I'm in a "better position" for it, in case it worsens things.

I can kind of see what they're getting at but honestly it's the only part of my week I actually look forward to right now.